Become a Patron!

Problems Brewing in NY

Chuck Schumer, NY Senator, held a press conference today calling on the FDA to ban ecigs.
This started all because some idiot recently put a battery in his pocket and the local news is running it non stop. When are we going to stop trying to punish an industry for an individuals stupidity?
Curious how Samsung phones are never mentioned, which blow up by themselves without having to make contact with metal I might add.

This is my first post ever.....5150 been reading for years keep up the great work brotha!!!

Everyday ABC eyewitness news, channel 7 in NY, has another "an e-cig blew up story."
Today it was some hump on a bus, yesterday a guy on a train.
Every misguided report claims "e-cigs blew up" rather than the truth that some shithead put unprotected batteries in his pocket with keys and change.
You have to be some kind of a special retard to blow up these devices, in fact I think people with actual mental disabilities would have no problem.
There is so much info on battery safety. Every shop owner tells you. All gear comes with warnings. Cases and battery condoms exist!
So I have 2 questions:
-Who can I contact and what can we do regarding the horrendous, incorrect news coverage slamming the vaping industry?
-When did New Yorkers go from smart, cool and open-minded to a pack of annoying, protesting retards that cant even operate a fucking ego properly?

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Everyday ABC eyewitness news, channel 7 in NY, has another "an e-cig blew up story."
Today it was some hump on a bus, yesterday a guy on a train.
Every misguided report claims "e-cigs blew up" rather than the truth that some shithead put unprotected batteries in his pocket with keys and change.
You have to be some kind of a special retard to blow up these devices, in fact I think people with actual mental disabilities would have no problem.
There is so much info on battery safety. Every shop owner tells you. All gear comes with warnings. Cases and battery condoms exist!
So I have 2 questions:
-Who can I contact and what can we do regarding the horrendous, incorrect news coverage slamming the vaping industry?
-When did New Yorkers go from smart, cool and open-minded to a pack of annoying, protesting retards that cant even operate a fucking ego properly?

Takes a shit load of money, sadly the Advocacy groups don't have any media campaigns going on to get the truth out.

The sad reality also is less than 10% of the Vape retailers or manufactures are involved in any advocacy. All you hear is for Vapors to give money but the ones who's jobs and careers are on the verge of being wiped out do nothing. They seem to be just focused on making a quick buck and cloud comp's instead of getting the truth out there and protecting their jobs/careers.

Sad, so sad........................

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm so torn on this issue of advocacy. On one hand I don't think the companies that produce vape gear are doing nearly enough. I'm also not sure where my advocacy dollars are going. I mean I'm all for advocacy done the right way. I don't want money I contribute going to flying some Kay street executive around the country so he can attend conferences, stay in fancy hotels and eat in Michelin rated restaurants with no positive results. I also get the feeling that these advocacy groups are pushing these closed systems. That makes me real suspicious. I believe closed systems are the way BT & BP are going to infiltrate and dominate this industry. So yeah, I haven't figured out what my stance on advocacy is yet but so far it's looking like a double edged sword.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm so torn on this issue of advocacy. On one hand I don't think the companies that produce vape gear are doing nearly enough. I'm also not sure where my advocacy dollars are going. I mean I'm all for advocacy done the right way. I don't want money I contribute going to flying some Kay street executive around the country so he can attend conferences, stay in fancy hotels and eat in Michelin rated restaurants with no positive results. I also get the feeling that these advocacy groups are pushing these closed systems. That makes me real suspicious. I believe closed systems are the way BT & BP are going to infiltrate and dominate this industry. So yeah, I haven't figured out what my stance on advocacy is yet but so far it's looking like a double edged sword.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Their membership in the advocacy groups is something like 8%, pretty pathetic.

Walk into a B&M, how many do you see that have anything about advocacy on their counters, walls or hell even ask them about it. All you will get is the look of a deer in headlight stare.

I don't get the feeling that the advocacy groups are pushing closed systems at all. But what they have been doing up to date is pretty ineffective, much due to lack of resources. If the participation of Vendors/Manufactures was around 60-70% I'd bet the climate wouldn't be so bleak for Vaping.

VU Sponsors