Become a Patron!

Professional home security

Good afternoon. I got a new job, and now I am usually out for my business trips. My wife is at home with our toddler. I am worried about them being alone there. We do not have a safety area. Anyone could understand I am not home because there is no car in front of the house. I want to install a professional security system with a phone app to control cameras, motion sensors, door locks, and so on. I need your friendly recommendations on what brand to choose. Our neighbors use Ajax. They say they enjoy that system. But, as I understood, they do not have cameras, but we need them.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The 1st thing to do to Secure your Home is to NOT Post on the Internet that you are not home and how to confirm it by your car not being there.

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
car is ONLY good if you can get in it.
Cameras are Only good if You have a direct link into the police.
and they they are only as good as How long it take em to get there.

Solutions Simple:
1609021458897.png
an em keep your wife company when your away..
I LOVE neo's yet em was out of my budget..
so I opted for a St Bernard...
BIG dog...
and taught em trick... CRAZY...

Trick go's
Knock Knock Knock at da door
ofcourse da big doggy RUNS to da door.
I GRAB em By da SCRUFF OF DA NECK like am holding with all my Might...

AND EVERY TIME Only a REAL Stranger askes ..
is that dog ok?
and i say wellllllllllll ya best move real slow cuz sometimes he can be a Bit CRAZY.
and dats da QUE..
WOOF WOOOF WOOF TEETH DROOL SLOBBER SCARY DOGGY..
they run away an Emerson can have what ever em wants from da Fridge.

Works like a charm EVERY TIME.. they never come back.

Last edited:

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Get a dog(size and breed doesn't matter..just a good noise maker to alert you when something isn't right). And a glock 9mm.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Good afternoon. I got a new job, and now I am usually out for my business trips. My wife is at home with our toddler. I am worried about them being alone there. We do not have a safety area. Anyone could understand I am not home because there is no car in front of the house. I want to install a professional security system with a phone app to control cameras, motion sensors, door locks, and so on. I need your friendly recommendations on what brand to choose. Our neighbors use Ajax. They say they enjoy that system. But, as I understood, they do not have cameras, but we need them.
These are what I useScreenshot_1.png20200621_210418.jpg20200618_204755.jpg20190819_204019.jpg

Mrodes

Member For 2 Years
The fact that you already worry about your security confirms that it is better to install some security stuff or buy a dog. But the dog will not be able to look after your house when you are out for a long time. By the way, I also use Ajax. I like those devices, there look modern and easy to use. You can control them through the phone. But before you order that system, you should know that you need professional installers and it will be more expensive than any DIY one. But you will get a free 24 h support line and a life long warranty. So, try to compare several brands that produce DIY and pro systems and make your own decision.

Sorry for bumping this thread, but I have the same issue and I'm going to install security cameras. It seems that Arlo, Nest, and Wyze cameras are our top picks now. Which one can you recommend?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have 10 Safevant Cameras on 2 NVRs and although I had a couple of problems the Support has been good. Installed a 4 Camera unit at my GFs and she is pleased.

Last edited:

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Sorry for bumping this thread, but I have the same issue and I'm going to install security cameras. It seems that Arlo, Nest, and Wyze cameras are our top picks now. Which one can you recommend?
Have Arlo for the outside front door and 4 Wyze cameras inside to view doorways, and windows plus 6 CCTV cameras around the outside of the home, but those do not alert me with notifications like Arlo, and Wyze. And use door security bars on doors when sleeping, with keeping a loaded gun by my bed. Also have a German Shephard, and a Pitbull.

20200621_210418.jpg
1656850262603.png
20190819_204019.jpg
CCTV CAMERAS
Screenshot 2022-07-03 082431.png

ARLO

20200814_194013.jpg

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I have a german sheperd pitt mix. She is always gaurdind her home and her people.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Yes!!!
I get to bump an old thread with a story. 😀

There was this kid that lived up the street from us when we were kids.
We didn't really like him that much but he was always in the neighborhood, from the neighborhood, and his mom was cool with us hanging out there.
He was a couple years older than most of us and we'd have parties in his basement.
It was back around 1990.

So he gets this new expensive 4 wheeler and just leaves it sitting outside his back door.
Everyone else has their dirt bikes (and even bicycles) chained up to something big or in the garage.
You could get to the trail to the train tracks as well as the many places to go riding right at the end of his backyard.
There was a hill that you would go down and you'd be in the middle of a little sand track that went in a circle that had trails that brached off to the train tracks and other places to ride.
Many of the houses on that side of the street had an entrance to the trails at the very back of their yard.

We told him it wasn't smart to leave an unlocked 4 wheeler 30 yards from the "hill to freedom" (lol) but he pointed at his big loud ass barks at anything dog that was chained up about 10 feet away saying that's all the security he needed.

It was literally less than a weekend later, the 4 wheeler was gone, and we were clowning the shit out of him for not using the dogs chain on the 4 wheeler.
The dog would have still been right there in the yard where the food bowl was without the chain. Lol

He just couldn't figure out how his 4 wheeler could have possibly gotten stolen with the big loud always barks at anything dog right there.

A couple years later I was at a party at another guy's house when I was told a story of how he and his cousin went out one night and magically turned an old freezer burnt steak into a new 4 wheeler.

Now I know how a 4 Wheeler can be quietly taken when a big loud barks at anything dog is chained up 10 feet away.
:giggle::giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

I only have a doorbell cam and alarm system right now.
I'd still like a 6 or 8 camera system just in case.
I see they are priced very reasonable if you install them yourself.
It seems to be pretty straightforward as long as you have a ladder and the will power to crawl around in the attic a little. Lol

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yes!!!
I get to bump an old thread with a story. 😀

There was this kid that lived up the street from us when we were kids.
We didn't really like him that much but he was always in the neighborhood, from the neighborhood, and his mom was cool with us hanging out there.
He was a couple years older than most of us and we'd have parties in his basement.
It was back around 1990.

So he gets this new expensive 4 wheeler and just leaves it sitting outside his back door.
Everyone else has their dirt bikes (and even bicycles) chained up to something big or in the garage.
You could get to the trail to the train tracks as well as the many places to go riding right at the end of his backyard.
There was a hill that you would go down and you'd be in the middle of a little sand track that went in a circle that had trails that brached off to the train tracks and other places to ride.
Many of the houses on that side of the street had an entrance to the trails at the very back of their yard.

We told him it wasn't smart to leave an unlocked 4 wheeler 30 yards from the "hill to freedom" (lol) but he pointed at his big loud ass barks at anything dog that was chained up about 10 feet away saying that's all the security he needed.

It was literally less than a weekend later, the 4 wheeler was gone, and we were clowning the shit out of him for not using the dogs chain on the 4 wheeler.
The dog would have still been right there in the yard where the food bowl was without the chain. Lol

He just couldn't figure out how his 4 wheeler could have possibly gotten stolen with the big loud always barks at anything dog right there.

A couple years later I was at a party at another guy's house when I was told a story of how he and his cousin went out one night and magically turned an old freezer burnt steak into a new 4 wheeler.

Now I know how a 4 Wheeler can be quietly taken when a big loud barks at anything dog is chained up 10 feet away.
:giggle::giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

I only have a doorbell cam and alarm system right now.
I'd still like a 6 or 8 camera system just in case.
I see they are priced very reasonable if you install them yourself.
It seems to be pretty straightforward as long as you have a ladder and the will power to crawl around in the attic a little. Lol

I have a 10 Camera 2 NVR System soon to be 14 cameras that Sounds in my Bedroom if I have an alert which records 24-7. Told ADT to go fuck themselves a few years ago.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Having security cameras hooked up to a live feed that police can access would skeev me out.

I had a late night door bell ring with a Large Black Man at my door saying he was Soliciting to stop bullying. I told him it is the wrong time of night to be ringing doorbells and I have called the Police. When the Cops got here in less than five minutes I showed him the Video Recording and they caught the guy trying to force his way into an Older Persons house.

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Update: Now currently have a 2 NVR 12 Camera System. Wasn't happy with what I got in my last order so just added two cameras. I have to install the last one but my coverage is complete. Aside from alertas in Email also have the Phone App and an Audible Alarm.

VU Sponsors