Become a Patron!

Pulse g dead short

Savage_46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When I first got my pulse g & built it, there was a dead short. Redid the build & same result. After doing some research, I found that people were saying the center post was contacting the tube. As a quick fix, I wrapped the post with scotch tape & it works. Just wondering if anyone has a better (&possibly permanent) fix. I've considered heat shrinking it, but pretty sure I'd have to grind that post down to still have clearance. Thanks for any input guys

Myk

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You'd probably melt any shrink tubing, especially when dry burning. Maybe an ekowool sleeve?
I took a cut off wheel on my flex shaft and spun it on the screw to grind it down. But mine was a clone and the tube was plated brass.
I also think part of the shorting problem is how thick the top deck is. That's a lot of ground contact so your mesh has to be good and insulated.

Savage_46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not talking about the wick, even though mesh was an absolute pain to set up. I've since switched to silica for this guy. Anyways, I'm talking about the post running from battery connection to top of coil. There's a sleeve that slides inside the tank body. The battery & coil screws thread into that sleeve. That's the sleeve I'm wondering about. When I do a clean & rebuild this weekend, I'll take a pic.

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
On the Fasttech discussions I think I read about ways to fix this. Can't remember what the best ideas were though, sorry.

Savage_46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Chamber reducer?
Pretty much a block that sits on the top deck, takes up space. Enhances vapor & taste.
On the Fasttech discussions I think I read about ways to fix this. Can't remember what the best ideas were though, sorry.
That's where I found out about using scotch tape. Haven't had a chance to check for updates. Figured I'd ask here since there's so much knowledge in here.

Myk

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
That's the chamber reducer. It probably has some slop to it. Push it away from the shorting area while you tighten it.

VU Sponsors