Become a Patron!

quad coil rebuildable tank?

hi I just ordered a 150w sigelei. Been looking around at rebuildable attys but cant seem to find what i want. what id really like is a rebuildable tank that can support a quad coil build. Don't really care too much about the capacity just that it has some. Anything out there like that.

KenG

Member For 5 Years
I dont recall ever seeing a RTA than can run more than dual coils, RDA's a few. If i see any ill link em to ya.

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm getting a Youde (UD) IGO-W3 but it's a 22mm 5-post. I like the W6 better but for $7 I went with the W3. I figure for that price it's not going to break my heart (or hurt my wallet too much) if I hate it. I think Vapor Beast has them for $6.

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I run dual parallels in my billow tank. That's kinda like quad coils ;)

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
IMG_0611.jpg IMG_0613.jpg IMG_0614.jpg

I use the Dark Horse and recently built a quad 24g nichrome 80 build. I call it the SCORPIO based on how it looks before i put it in my RDA. It came out to .11 ohms and hit it at 100w all day. Sort of surprised me it worked so well. I think airflow is the key on keeping it cool at such high wattage.

Number3124

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use the Dark Horse and recently built a quad 24g nichrome 80 build. I call it the SCORPIO based on how it looks before i put it in my RDA. It came out to .11 ohms and hit it at 100w all day. Sort of surprised me it worked so well. I think airflow is the key on keeping it cool at such high wattage.

It definitely is the key. Builds that can scorch my lips and tongue in a Marquis are pleasantly warm in my Tobh and down right cool in my Plume Veil. Where as anything that is warm in the Plume Veil will burn up any other atty I have. Guess I need a Doge.

well I'm just looking something to support a quad coil build with plenty of room for ceramic ready wick. Don't really care about the tank. Don't mind dripping just would like a bit of capacity.

CloudPusher

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Interesting. Does it need to be stainless rope for wicking?

It appears as though you can take them out. If you check the pic's of it, it even comes with extra steal rope. I just like that idea because it acts as an auto dripper through friction. Been looking for a place that sells them to the US for a while. You just build any basic coil with cotton wicking and have the cotton envelope the steal cables. Supposed to be fairly leak proof from what i have read. I'll know for sure when i eventually get one to try out in a month. The deck is completely modular.

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just wonder how good it wicks... I build some coils that really go through the juice!

vaping_jake

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Wouldn't a coil made from twisted or braided wire be the same as the two coils on one side of the deck? It is basically two coils in parallel either way. I build on a doge deck a twisted Gplat 26g coil on both sides 5 wraps giving me about 0.15 ohms. I will have to say BUDKISS's looks so much cleaner.

I also agree with the airflow, i use to use a lot of cotton and now try to use as little cotton as possible allowing that air flow to clearly come through.

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Quad coil (1 ohm, 28 ga., 1/8" ID) on my UD IGO-W3. Probably should have went half the size (number of wraps). It was tedious but worth it. Fireing at 30 watts... really need more power for this setup!
uploadfromtaptalk1424780339332.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1424780556445.jpg

Last edited:

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Orchid can fit quads, but drilling the airholes to 2.5-2.8mm is recommended.

CloudPusher

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Wouldn't a coil made from twisted or braided wire be the same as the two coils on one side of the deck? It is basically two coils in parallel either way. I build on a doge deck a twisted Gplat 26g coil on both sides 5 wraps giving me about 0.15 ohms. I will have to say BUDKISS's looks so much cleaner.

I also agree with the airflow, i use to use a lot of cotton and now try to use as little cotton as possible allowing that air flow to clearly come through.

It's called a Pinoy style build in a genny tank...
Best_handheld_vaporizer_dark_horse_rda_atomizer.jpg_350x350.jpg

But you can not build coils around the actual cables. You can remove them and do up to 4 vertical coils with mesh wicking instead. I have one on order and plan on doing some sort of review on after playing with it and pushing the limits. :D Including seeing how well it wicks at high wattage, airflow, and flavour. I will do a Pinoy build first, and then traditional genny builds. I saw a vid showing it in action with high watts and keeping up with the power. It's perfect for a rebuildable that can be top or bottom filled, and you can access the build deck without draining the juice. And being that the vapor has the least amount of space to travel, It gives the optimal flavour performance. Just like a dripper. And it has much bigger and adjustable airflow, as opposed to most genny tanks out there. Everything i could ever ask for. Would be funny if it kicks the Silverplays ass vapewise, lol.

The image of the build deck on the site i linked to showed the cables poking up out of the deck. They are actually supposed to be a bit recessed.

Last edited:

CloudPusher

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
And i'm not a fan of Gplat. It's more expensive when i can get a better effect with 22g kanthal. I am, however, excited to use flat kanthal soon. I just ordered a spool. I think i'm gonna try twisting it as well. I assume it should perform well on a high wattage device. I don't know, but it seems like a fun experiment.

I like that tank..really I'm mainly looking for the best flavor as I've had trouble tasting the flavors in the vapor in the past. What kind of coil builds are best for flavor? I'm getting a sigelei 150w mod prolly get those purple efest batteries I think their 2500mah and 35a discharge. Any idea how long the charge would hold? I mean I'm sure I wont be vaping full blast all the time, just wondering if I should buy 4 instead of 2.

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Personally, I'm a fan of twisted Kanthal. I've used 30 ga. twisted pair and 34 ga. quad twisted (unlike the 28 ga. single Kanthal above, which I've replaced with twisted 30 ga.).

As far as charge goes, refer to:
http://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/Efest IMR18650 2500mAh (Purple) 2014 UK.html

Additionally, I'm really liking the latest batteries I've purchased. They are VAPPOWER IMR 18650 2,500 mAh (Constant: 35A/Pulse: 50A) batteries.I also have and use LG ICR 18650 HE2 2,500 mAh and Efest Purple IMR 18650 2,500 mAh (35A). I use a Nitecore D4 charger (http://www.amazon.com/Nitecore-Integrated-Displays-Rechargeable-Batteries/dp/B00L1XYX4Y) and keep spare batteries charged and ready for use. I rotate use of my single and paired batteries.

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Propably wont fit, my flat tops are pretty snug in there.

Nobody2

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hcigar Dome is a nice genesis style rba and supports quad coils. I have one and the quality is awesome. It also has a vapor temp control system where you can somewhat control how warm or cool the vapor is. It's one of my favorite rba's and I own Kayfuns, an Orchid and a few others. The flavor is really good and it blows some nice clouds. They also added insulators in the wick/liquid holes and plugs for the holes that are not in use. Also comes standard with a quartz tank.

20141210_183405_HDR_zps751dab79.jpg
20141210_183525_HDR_zpse5f49dfc.jpg

20141210_183328_HDR_zps70b82570.jpg

Check it out here:

http://www.vaperoyalty.com/hcigar-dome-rba/

trlrtrash13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've run quads in the Silverplay. You just have to keep them small in diameter, run them vertical and push them both towards the center so they will be right at the air holes.
TT

VU Sponsors