Become a Patron!

Quality atomizer tank with large stock of nickel and titanium coils?

Hi nice to meet u I'm chris I'm new here.

May you suggest a Quality atomizer tank with large stock of nickel and titanium coils for temperature control mode?

Right now I use a eleaf istick tc40w which is fine, but its the tank im having issues with. The joyetech cubis pro with 0.2 ohm nickel coils which the coils are great it hits ok no dry hits which is what I want its the wet hits that annoy me. I'm constantly wiping my mouth after every hit. Maybe if I put a piece of cotton in the tip it'll absorb it before hitting my mouth (not an optimal solution).

Thanks

Ps the coils in the pic aren't what I bought i bought the 0.2 ohm nickel coils and glazed donuts ejuice from ruthless vapor 6mh nicotine.

cubis-pro-atomizer-black.jpgeleaf_istick_tc40_box_mod_-_front_view.jpg
joyetech_bf_replacement_coils.jpgloaded_-_tfn_-_freebase_-_glazed_donuts.png

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Hiya. Welcome to VU :cheers:

Just thinking about the info you posted about devices and issue.
I think your best answer would come from first figuring out why you get a wet puff, even if you do want a diff atomizer. Because not only would that knowledge be carried the new purchase, but also beyond.

I have limited info on Cubis Pro so maybe someone with it will be along.

What I see is this...
... and it shows 3 coils as being compatible but it wouldn't surprise me if there are more. There's 2 MTL coils and that .25 Notch one. Your using a .2Ω. With that small drip tip, and at that resistance,
it could be that your wattage or temp, or the wattage your temp uses, is not enough to vaporize all the juice. And if you have to pull kind of hard on that small tip, then that contributes by pulling juice through the wick and coil.

Juice is 70/30 so that's not a prob.

If you were to use just wattage, w/o TC, what wattage would you use for that .2 coil?

Also, why not stainless steel for TC?

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
or the wattage your temp uses, is not enough to vaporize all the juice.

Would also think the same. If you can bump wattage up by maybe 5 points at a time, you might find where all the juice gets vaporized. Sometimes in using mechanical mods, I too get "soppy" hits. It is a trade-off I make, though. Usually, when I start getting wet hits, I swap out batteries. Wattage it may well be.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The I-Stick only goes up to 40W so you need a higher Wattage MOD to deliver enough watts. Hence the reason you get wet puffs.

Good Luck~!

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I can vape well under 40W w/.2Ω w/o wetness, not that type of coil though, but yea, at that resistance your going to plow thought that built in 2600Mah.
I bet that mod doesn't have boost [as opposed to buck] which means power would wain as battery drains

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I can vape well under 40W w/.2Ω w/o wetness, not that type of coil though, but yea, at that resistance your going to plow thought that built in 2600Mah.
I bet that mod doesn't have boost [as opposed to buck] which means power would wain as battery drains

I still have an Istick which was my first MOD so I know what it can handle. It might fire that coil a few times but not going to last very long.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Do alright here with mechanical devices doing average 24 watts. When the battery starts dropping to 20% or less of a charge, can tell from vapor lack. Not gone wet, but I'm also using 0.30 to 0.50 coils as well.

I'm not saying it cannot be done. Only proffering my own experience.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I still have an Istick which was my first MOD so I know what it can handle. It might fire that coil a few times but not going to last very long.
loll

My second was iStick 40, external 18650 but yeah, like I said that bib not going to last long w/a .2 coil like that.

The op's setup is a mismatch, which is something I was alluding to when asking them the ?'s I did. It's not as easy to recommend a tank with a market full of particular coils---for that specific mod---when all they said is the gear they've using and have problm's w/a .2 coil.

Nothing about vape preference, wattage preference, temp preference, MTL, RDL, DL....

If you want to vape a .2 coil, you really need another whole setup. But that's not the way to find your vape.

May you suggest which battery mod can hold say 2x 21700 sonys at 4000mah each and will last a really long time on 500 degrees Fahrenheit temperature control mode & which atomizer to buy all from www.elementvape.com with in stock Nickel or Titanium coils? Thanks

I just need to know what is a great atomizer that has compatible Ni200 coils or Titanium coils and a known to be amazing mod. I'm asking for suggestions. Thanks for the help. Its been years since I last vaped and didn't know whats good nowadays.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
ast a really long time on 500 degrees Fahrenheit temperature control mode
This here indicates to me you have no idea what you are doing Vaping~! At 500 in TC the Vape is not Pleasant, so right there you have never done it. So many variables but if you ever tried 500°F in TC you wouldn't even ask this~!

Fucklng Trolls~!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
May you suggest which battery mod can hold say 2x 21700 sonys at 4000mah each and will last a really long time on 500 degrees Fahrenheit temperature control mode & which atomizer to buy all from www.elementvape.com with in stock Nickel or Titanium coils? Thanks
other than it being a revisit to add links. Prove me wrong.

Vandy Vape Gaur is a 2x, 21700 mod with temperature control modes.

Segelei Great Wall 20700 is another such mod.

DovPo Odin 200 watt mod looks good as well.

As for atomizers, would like to suggest you try going the route of any reasonable RDA. To name a few, That Damn Vape has the Mongrel, Advken has the Gorge, Wasp Nano RDAs do pretty well. Atomizers are going to come down to being subjective as to how you vape.

Might also suggest you find a wire vendor of repute and try learning to rebuild a bit. It isn't as difficult as it may seem if you only need/want simple coils. Barring that, I'm sure you can find vendors aside from Element Vape carrying stocks of Stainless Steel 316 (Not 516, phat phingers be damned) or Titanium coils. Kanthal is an alloy of Chromium, Iron, Aluminum. It works well enough for my plain old, nothing fancy vaping. You can also find vendors carrying already made coils. Here in the forum, some users post coils for sale too.

I cannot really advise you on an RDTA, or tank. Prefer the RDA myself.

Ninja'd: --->

This here indicates to me you have no idea what you are doing Vaping~! At 500 in TC the Vape is not Pleasant, so right there you have never done it. So many variables but if you ever tried 500°F in TC you wouldn't even ask this~!

Fucklng Trolls~!

Danke mein Bruder.

Tapadh leat, a bhràthair.

I give benefit of doubt. Can not always smell werewolves over the wires, either. ;) :)

Last edited:
Thank you, everyone. I will check all that out. This is what I use now, these are the specs on the coil. It vapes best between 500-550f. On the eleaf istick tc40w it reported 0.26 ohm at first and now is reporting 0.24 ohm locked in at room temperature.

BF-Ni
Resistance: 0.2Ω
Temperature recommended: 500-550˚F(260-290℃

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
On the eleaf istick tc40w it reported 0.26 ohm at first and now is reporting 0.24 ohm locked in at room temperature.

I don't vape below 0.30 too often. The vapor gets too physically heated for me. Some tell me I need to learn to build better, or use larger RDAs, or tanks, or I'm twisting my eyes wrong. *grin* I like using Kanthal wire where many do not. Get told I ought to use NiChrome or Stainless. I have tried them and not had the best of luck in using. Of course, I only ever need simple coils.

BF-Ni
Resistance: 0.2Ω
Temperature recommended: 500-550˚F(260-290℃

*nodding* "Uh huh, yes, I see ..."

You know the next line of dialogue, I'm sure. Manufacture suggestions are only that, suggestions. For example, take a poll of sub ohm vapers on the forum using coils down to 0.18 or lower oHm ratings. Pretty sure you'll find a lot that do. Yet a lot of manufactures (not vendors, ugh dead brain me is) at one point would have safety circuit settings which would not use coils lower than 0.20.

That of course warrants all the standard disclaimers. I will not tell you to use coils of any particular Ohm rating, nor to not use them. You need to learn or have learned about that for yourself and know how to mitigate your risk, what risk you choose. Vaping is highly subjective. Can understand @Vape Fan suggesting that giving you a list of stuff might have been impossible. Really, it comes back to you knowing what you want, beyond only the gear.

*wanders along to watch British Bake Off with wife*

Last edited:

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I just need to know what is a great atomizer that has compatible Ni200 coils or Titanium coils and a known to be amazing mod. I'm asking for suggestions. Thanks for the help. Its been years since I last vaped and didn't know whats good nowadays.

Fair enough.
I would advise to not get all of it from Element. If for no other reason, batteries, unless you vape about 80w or less then Samsung Q30 are good.

Pure Nickel or Titanium vapers as a whole have moved to SS. Unless it one of the couple newer tanks that came with such a coil-one of which is a Geek Vape Z that can use SS904, but the choice would be very limited.

DNA 250C is the best chip imo and the best for TC imo. Dual battery[18650 or 21700] , 21700 if you want to go the longest w/o charging in exchange for the larger heftier mod. Any would be an excellent choice, and you can use Replay for your TC if you want. Just pick the look you like from whatever brand.

Batteries, 18650 or 21700, Molcell.

Just let us know what mod and batteries your looking at so we can confirm everything looks compatible and for other possible choices.

I own this one, it's great.

If your dead set on Titanium or Nickel, I couldn't find any.

A top airflow RTA w/SS coil might suit you better.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
*Fades back in a bit*

I like getting "Molly Cell" from IMR batteries, here. IMR seems to offer reasonable prices. Despite them rewrapping batteries, they are reputable as a vendor.

The heat shrink wraps they put on the batteries are thicker than the battery manufactures use. They also do inventory security via their labeling of the wraps. You get the advertised battery and not some discard, or knock off.

They do not rewrap to deceive, but rather to ensure integrity, safety. Not had any real issues with their batteries. Yes, I've had a couple try to vent. That was not on them. I had reached end of cycle life on those and charged them anyway. When I tried using, well, imagine a six-foot tall 300lbs fur ball rushing outside with a warming mod.

I had, of course, broke contacts. Pulled out the battery and left it out-of-doors away from hazards to either combust, explode, cool off. So far, they have luckily only cooled down. I go back to check a few days later. I ought to learn to track battery life cycles. *SMH* Nah, like having the fun. *Chuckles* Reminds me I used to be a soldier.

"I think you might be a bit touched, man."

"Fondled all over from birth." *grin*

VU Sponsors