Become a Patron!

Question for users of SC Parlay flavor from BCF

mcduffy

Member For 4 Years
I'd like to know from anyone who has made more than one purchase SC Parlay over an extended period if they have noticed a marked inconsistency in flavor at any time.

I bought a 10ml bottle in late 2018 and liked it, but used other flavors more. I revisited it the week before last when I saw it listed on BCF's Weekly Sale page and decided I liked it well enough to get a 4oz bottle. What I received was a markedly different flavor in smell, taste, and color. They assure me, I guess based on the lot number printed on the label, that I received the correct flavor from their stock. They put the difference down to fade over time or slight batch variation.

I have bought and sampled 38 all totaled of the tobacco SC flavors from ECX, BCF, and VapersTek since 2017. I have not noticed any fade in unmixed flavor or batch inconsistency over time. There are about 13 I've liked and 6 have been my everyday/all-day vape. Certain notes recur in their line that I don't like. One has the slight smell of cocoa and tastes to me something like slight prune and strong, sour/fermenting canned corn and tomato. I believe some reviewers may be experiencing this as dark. It's strongly present in the 4oz bottle of SC Parlay I received. It's absent in the 10ml from 2018, otherwise I would never have ordered any more.

BCF says they have had no reports from the manufacture of any changes nor had any other investigations on this flavor from other customers. This makes me wonder if they have had any customers who recurrently buy this flavor.

VapersTek once sent me a 10ml of SC Luck when I had ordered SC Luck Struck. When I ordered a 30ml bottle they sent the correct flavor, which I didn't care for. They took me seriously enough to discover the mix-up, without much prompting from me, when I described the difference in flavors and sent me a 50ml of SC Luck without requiring me to incur the expense of returning the 30ml of Luck Struck.

BCF says that if I ship back the 4oz bottle of SC Parlay to them they will apply store credit for the amount paid.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I have bought and sampled 38 all totaled of the tobacco SC flavors from ECX, BCF, and VapersTek since 2017. I have not noticed any fade in unmixed flavor or batch inconsistency over time. There are about 13 I've liked and 6 have been my everyday/all-day vape. Certain notes recur in their line that I don't like. One has the slight smell of cocoa and tastes to me something like slight prune and strong, sour/fermenting canned corn and tomato. I believe some reviewers may be experiencing this as dark. It's strongly present in the 4oz bottle of SC Parlay I received.It's absent in the 10ml from 2018, otherwise I would never have ordered any more.

so you are basing this off a bottle of flavoring from 2018, 4 yrs ago?

flavorings do change every time a batch lot is created. Very minuscule, but i is how the flavor labs do stay correct for the rules and regs of the flavoring industry. Nothing ever stays the same.

What I received was a markedly different flavor in smell, taste, and color. They assure me, I guess based on the lot number printed on the label, that I received the correct flavor from their stock. They put the difference down to fade over time or slight batch variation.

slight batch variation is what has happened, after all, 4 yrs.. things do change. I do not believe it is on bcf side, as they do not create flavors.

BCF says that if I ship back the 4oz bottle of SC Parlay to them they will apply store credit for the amount paid.

then do it. most vendors nowadays, you buy, you are stuck with it. Especially if you have opened and used it, even 1 drop.

VU Sponsors