Become a Patron!

Questions about batteries

Okay so I bought a 150w box mod that you need two batteries to power, I already have a battery. but its a different brand then the one that I bought at my local vape shop (one is samsung, and one is lg.) They are both 18650 batteries but I want to know if that mixing these 2 different brands of batteries would cause me to run into any problems.
Discuss!

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Okay so I bought a 150w box mod that you need two batteries to power, I already have a battery. but its a different brand then the one that I bought at my local vape shop (one is samsung, and one is lg.) They are both 18650 batteries but I want to know if that mixing these 2 different brands of batteries would cause me to run into any problems.
Discuss!
Do not do this. You need to brand new, unused batteries of the exact same type and brand. If you mix old batteries or different brands, you are asking for trouble.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
IMO, you could use them for a real short period of time, while your two new once are being bought shortly, or shipped.

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
LOL. Seriously... do you ask for help and then not read it, or just skim to see what you want?

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I already bought one, just ordered another
It's better to have a new pair, rather than mixing a old and a new battery. Over time the internal resistance of a battery increases. Therefore, an older battery doesn't perform as well as a new battery does. In addition, utilizing a mix like that will favor to drain the new battery quicker, due to lesser internal resistance. On the long run the new battery won't last as long as it could.
I even go as far as rotating the pair from one side/slot to the other, within the device.

Jackrouach

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
OK got a question I have 3 sets of 2 married batteries all bought at the same time all same company and specs I rotate them so thet pretty much have same mikes on them I want to get the wisemec rx200 what would happen if I set them up as two sets of 3??

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
OK got a question I have 3 sets of 2 married batteries all bought at the same time all same company and specs I rotate them so thet pretty much have same mikes on them I want to get the wisemec rx200 what would happen if I set them up as two sets of 3??

I'd put my money on it not being an issue if they're all about the same age and in similar condition.

But, if you have a good charger with a display for voltage when you charge, just take a peak after you use the 3 together the first couple times. If one is noticeably different from the others then maybe not the best idea, if they're all close then it's not an issue.

Jackrouach

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I will try and see just temp til I get some more money tight I'm trying to get the rx200 dna200

RBVapes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Shouldn't be a problem. While marrying is a best practice, what you're really trying to ensure as the batteries specs stay a close as possible (number and depth of charge / discharge cycles, charge rates, etc). All of those factors will impact the actual capacity of a given cell. You don't want cells getting too out of synch as the "better" one can get overloaded making up for and essentially charging the more worn one.

VU Sponsors