Become a Patron!

Ran out of sweet strawberry

madjaggar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just made a big order but must have forgotten to put sweet strawberry in it. Does anyone think I could use strawberry shisha instead and at what % if I can?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I just made a big order but must have forgotten to put sweet strawberry in it. Does anyone think I could use strawberry shisha instead and at what % if I can?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Great flavor, I've been using just 2% so far.

jambi

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
INW Shisha Strawberry is great. I would use it more if I could bulk-buy it. But I wouldn't say it's similar to CAP Sweet Strawberry. If I were subbing it in for CAP, I'd use 1/3 Shisha.

PatheticMr.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It's much different than sweet strawberry - but it's one of the best SB's IMO. I generally use between 4 and 6% :)

PatheticMr.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
As a single flavour I'd start at 6% but I've gone as high as 8% and it's still good. It's a very versatile flavour. It mixes well with other flavours from 4% - 6% for me but I've always used it in mixes as a leading flavour.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
As a single flavor or in a mix?

Both, but not mixed with other fruits, just Vanilla Bean, Biscuit, Cheesecake, Custard, etc.
Like 2% Shisha + 2% Biscuit...
Plenty of flavor for me anyway.
Think it's a bit stronger than CAP SS.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Both, but not mixed with other fruits, just Vanilla Bean, Biscuit, Cheesecake, Custard, etc.
Like 2% Shisha + 2% Biscuit...
Plenty of flavor for me anyway.
Think it's a bit stronger than CAP SS.
Does the Sisha, or INW Strawberries in general need steeping? I recently added Shisha and Concentrate to my collection, due to liking the Kiss.

PatheticMr.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Does the Sisha, or INW Strawberries in general need steeping? I recently added Shisha and Concentrate to my collection, due to liking the Kiss.
Shisha strawb is vapeable right away but has a weird taste on the exhale that settles down after a few days. It's not bad, but it's there!

INW strab is again fine after a few hours but deffo benefits from a few days! :)

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Shisha strawb is vapeable right away but has a weird taste on the exhale that settles down after a few days. It's not bad, but it's there!

INW strab is again fine after a few hours but deffo benefits from a few days! :)
Good to know, that it doesn't have to steep for a week. Thank you!

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

I've found the Shisha only needs 24hrs, but it could be the lower amount I'm using.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I don't know if you've had it, but in case you're familiar with INW Wild Strawberry - i absolutely detest that flavor; it's the first and so far only flavor I will not be using in any vapes, no HOW-- is INW Shisha Strawberry or INW Strawberry anything like it?

(Among many good things, I have heard Strawberry Kiss is like a mild version of Wild SB, and just that one comparison is enough to keep me from ever buying it.)

So I am interested in this "weird taste on the exhale" with Shisha SB you mention. Can you say how it's weird? Does it remind you of shampoo?

One more question about INW Strawberry: does anyone know, is the one called "INW Strawberry the same as Strawberry Koncentrat (or whatever)? Or is that yet another permutation of INW sb?

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Among many good things, I have heard Strawberry Kiss is like a mild version of Wild SB, and just that one comparison is enough to keep me from ever buying it.

To me the Strawberry Kiss tasted way stronger than Shisha, drip tasted from the bottle.
Just been so happy with Shisha I haven't actually made anything with the Kiss yet.

Last edited:

Chrispdx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmmm. Nobody said it. You may want to add a touch of sweetness back. .25-.5% marshmallow if your not using sweet strawberry cap.

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
One more question about INW Strawberry: does anyone know, is the one called "INW Strawberry the same as Strawberry Koncentrat (or whatever)? Or is that yet another permutation of INW sb?

I have that one, the Koncentrat version ( Truskawka ) and it's a sweet strawberry, strong but not overpowering to my tastes which admittedly, aren't as keen as others who contribute here. I haven't tried the Wild Strawberry so I can't compare the two and given your vivid description of it, I'm not likely to either. ;)

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have that one, the Koncentrat version ( Truskawka ) and it's a sweet strawberry, strong but not overpowering to my tastes which admittedly, aren't as keen as others who contribute here. I haven't tried the Wild Strawberry so I can't compare the two and given your vivid description of it, I'm not likely to either. ;)
Oof... in the case of any other flavor, I would say, tastes differ (blah blah) but INW wild sb is SUCH a shampoo fragrance.

Is the koncentrat version (Truskawka) the same thing as what people refer to as "INW Strawberry" or "INW Strawberries"? So many INW strawberries!

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So I am interested in this "weird taste on the exhale" with Shisha SB you mention.

I've never detected any weird aftertaste myself, but I've heard of some who get this from all the INW flavors.
Although maybe it's because I'm using less than most others.

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Is the koncentrat version (Truskawka) the same thing as what people refer to as "INW Strawberry" or "INW Strawberries"? So many INW strawberries!

I believe so yes, at least I've not seen another version other than the ones already mentioned. I got mine from BCV if that helps any.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I believe so yes, at least I've not seen another version other than the ones already mentioned. I got mine from BCV if that helps any.

Yes, thanks. That's the one I'm looking at. I think it's listed as INW Strawberry. I'll take another look and then give them a holler if I'm still confused.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Shisha strawberry is like sugared real strawberries. It's a much stronger flavor than any other strawberries I've tried, and more realistic too. I use a lot of it, over 15%, but most don't want that much flavoring. Because it's a stronger flavor, you could probably use less than with other strawberry flavors.

Andria

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yes, thanks. That's the one I'm looking at. I think it's listed as INW Strawberry. I'll take another look and then give them a holler if I'm still confused.

While BCV has 2 INW Wild Strawberries (One INW TDM) I see they only have the one INW Strawberry Concentrate.

The Strawberry Concentrate would be my choice if I was mixing a strawberry filling for say a kolachky or Paczki juice. For a standalone, in your face, sweet ripe strawberry vape; I would pick the Shisha. Hands down.

Just my 2 cent

Ron
---
"We listen to the unspoken, we gaze upon the unseen."-Kakuzo Okakura, The Book of Tea

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
While BCV has 2 INW Wild Strawberries (One INW TDM) I see they only have the one INW Strawberry Concentrate.

The Strawberry Concentrate would be my choice if I was mixing a strawberry filling for say a kolachky or Paczki juice. For a standalone, in your face, sweet ripe strawberry vape; I would pick the Shisha. Hands down.

Just my 2 cent

Ron
---
"We listen to the unspoken, we gaze upon the unseen."-Kakuzo Okakura, The Book of Tea

Much appreciated! I'm new to INW Strawberries (except the wild) and have two on my current cart. Was just having second thoughts after reading about "funny aftertaste" and remembering my bad experience with the wild sb. I've certainly heard more good than bad about Shisha and "regular" INW Strawberry --aka, I guess, as INW Strawberry or INW Strawberry Koncentrat. They have so many different lines, it makes my head spin.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Was just having second thoughts after reading about "funny aftertaste" and remembering my bad experience with the wild sb.

I'm with Heabob as "I've never detected any weird aftertaste myself" either.
I'm looking forward to PatheticMr.'s description of that weird aftertaste to see what I'm missing.

Ron
---
"I spent my whole life trying not to be careless."-Don Corleone

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm looking forward to PatheticMr.'s description of that weird aftertaste to see what I'm missing.

Ron
---

You're into the whole "weird aftertaste" thing, eh? lol :D

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You're into the whole "weird aftertaste" thing, eh? lol :D

Absolutely! Both the taste of a flavor and it's finish are important to me.

Plus, I'm curious...:D
:cat:

Ron
---
"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not."- Kurt Cobain

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I use 15.6% of shisha strawberry in my strawberry & cream recipe, and have NEVER gotten a weird taste from it, after or otherwise. It tastes *exactly* like real sugared strawberries.

Andria

PatheticMr.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Ron
---

It's not an aftertaste - it's just an aspect of the flavour that I notice on the exhale.

I'm not sure I could describe it. As has been said on this thread, the flavour has a sugar coated taste to it - i think it's that.

Like I said, it's not bad. It's just something I notice for the first couple of days, then it almost completely steeps out. Maybe it's just me?

PatheticMr.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I don't know if you've had it, but in case you're familiar with INW Wild Strawberry - i absolutely detest that flavor; it's the first and so far only flavor I will not be using in any vapes, no HOW-- is INW Shisha Strawberry or INW Strawberry anything like it?

(Among many good things, I have heard Strawberry Kiss is like a mild version of Wild SB, and just that one comparison is enough to keep me from ever buying it.)

So I am interested in this "weird taste on the exhale" with Shisha SB you mention. Can you say how it's weird? Does it remind you of shampoo?

I too detest Wild strawberry. Shisha SB is completely different in every way (except it is strawberry in the name!).

The taste on the exhale is not like shampoo - it's not bad at all. It is hard to describe though. I wouldn't let it out you off from giving it a go. Like many flavours, it's just an aspect of the flavour that settles down with a couple of days steeping! :)

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wild Strawberry is gross and insanely strong, Strawberry kiss is better but that's not saying much, not planning on using either. I was thinking Strawberry Kiss might be of use if I dilute it to 10% but it is so niche I doubt I will ever get around to doing that. Both of those are nothing like INW SB and Shisha, the later being the best.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I do know of someone who finds an odd chemical taste in shisha strawberry -- @Robert Cromwell -- who apparently is a "super taster" -- so maybe there's something like that going on?

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It could definitively be described as artificial! :)

So maybe you have one of those super taster tongues... because I don't taste anything artificial in it, even at the 15.6% that I use. I have a "super smeller" (seriously, it's almost preternatural), but I don't smell anything odd about it either.

Andria

PatheticMr.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So maybe you have one of those super taster tongues... because I don't taste anything artificial in it, even at the 15.6% that I use. I have a "super smeller" (seriously, it's almost preternatural), but I don't smell anything odd about it either.

Andria
Now, to use those powers for good or evil!?

VU Sponsors