Become a Patron!

Random Thoughts on the ProVari Radius

RPadTV

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Here's a column about the ProVari Radius. I was hoping ProVape would offer something better. The box looks nice, but the features are more 2014 than 2015. Yes, ProVape has some of the best customer service out there, but you could also buy an iPV D2 for less than half the price. That mod is more capable and versatile, and if something goes wrong you can just buy another one. The ProVari Radius certainly has its appeal, but for many the 0.3-ohm and 9.5 amp limits are deal-breakers.

Kevin2112

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
More features may come with future up dates. But as it is now its fine for me and I just got shipping notice so I should have it next week.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Congrats, man.

Kevin2112

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks. I know the provari can be controversial topic but all I'm really looking for is a well made device with a company that stands behind their products and a device that delivers a consistent Vape. I've been a Provape fan from the beginning. I ordered the the version 1 and the Evolv Darwin at the same timebecause they were both top of the line but different in delivery. The Darwin died after a couple months, got it repaired and it died again. The Provari on the other hand worked flawlessly.It worked so well I bought the 2.5 version. I still have them both . I trust the Radius will deliver as advertised and last for a long time. Sure there are other devices with lots of watts and features at a cheaper price but I I know how I like to Vape and I know and trust the Provape brand. I'll post some pictures when it arrives.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks. I know the provari can be controversial topic but all I'm really looking for is a well made device with a company that stands behind their products and a device that delivers a consistent Vape. I've been a Provape fan from the beginning. I ordered the the version 1 and the Evolv Darwin at the same timebecause they were both top of the line but different in delivery. The Darwin died after a couple months, got it repaired and it died again. The Provari on the other hand worked flawlessly.It worked so well I bought the 2.5 version. I still have them both . I trust the Radius will deliver as advertised and last for a long time. Sure there are other devices with lots of watts and features at a cheaper price but I I know how I like to Vape and I know and trust the Provape brand. I'll post some pictures when it arrives.
As you can tell by my signature, I own a ProVari 2.5 myself. However, as I've stated already,
IMO, too little (features), too late.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've bought one, I normally vape between 25 and 35 watts and only build as low 0.50ohms, so it will work well for me, knowing of provapes quality and customer service, I decided on one, and I already have a lot of china cheap mods, be nice to have a higher quality mod :)

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I've bought one, I normally vape between 25 and 35 watts and only build as low 0.50ohms, so it will work well for me, knowing of provapes quality and customer service, I decided on one, and I already have a lot of china cheap mods, be nice to have a higher quality mod :)
I'm happy for you guys that can use it.
Ecstatic for y'all, really!
But for myself and a few others its sort of so close yet so far away. I have a few 2.5s and a p3. I also use TC for 90% of my vaping. I was willing to forego the tc and pickup a radius if it were 50w/15a.
Oh well, maybe next year.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm happy for you guys that can use it.
Ecstatic for y'all, really!
But for myself and a few others its sort of so close yet so far away. I have a few 2.5s and a p3. I also use TC for 90% of my vaping. I was willing to forego the tc and pickup a radius if it were 50w/15a.
Oh well, maybe next year.

Would more be nice? sure of course, but it will work for me though ;)

Also I don't think provape could win anyway, if did 50 watts, then a lot would still say too low, even the same for probably 100 watts, and they are upgradable, so I could end up with more in the future :)

I did have a provari 2.5, but only used it for a few weeks and then got into mechs, so sold it, but admit I am excited to have the radius :)

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
does it have a USB blow job machine on it for that price?

Men-Male-Masturbators-Artificial-Vagina-Pussy-Ass-Blow-font-b-Job-b-font-Stroker-Massager-Sex.jpg

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
It does have a rather uniquely textured finish.

Simply Red

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I don't know if this is the right place for this or not but, just thought I'd through this out there.

Now, most folks here don't know me. Some do but, most don't. I like to kid around and have a tendency to be a "likable smartass". With that thought in mind, I went to ECF and poked a little fun in a radius thread. Before I could get into talking about it, boy did people get pissed! I never said anything negative about the radius. I just made it known (and not aggressively) that I wasn't going to get one. Talked to a couple of folks about my SX Mini and all was good, or so I thought. I was going to start asking questions and got "attacked" by a couple folks there before I got the chance. What the hell happened to people's sense of humor?? I told them what I thought about their attacks and, promptly, got suspended for 3 days for "trolling". Was I?? I didn't think so. I just posted like I always did in a Provape thread.

3 days later, when I got out of their "Sin Bin" (whatever the hell that is/means) I posted this. I checked the rules first to make sure I wasn't breaking any, just in case. 45 minutes later, I'm suspended, again, for 5 days! People sure are touchy over there. Anyways, here's what I posted...

The things that transpire and the outcome of it...
First of all, let's go back in history just a little bit. I heard Provape came out with the Radius. Figured I'd stop by, check things out, see what people are saying about it and, lo and behold, I saw where a few people were having problems with the device (here and in the Dead Radius thread) and the device just came out. So, me being the smart*** that I am (and if you ever read my profile, you would know that about me) I thought I'd poke a little fun. (go back to page 401 and try to let your small minds look at things objectively) AstroTurf was taking it all in stride and, I thought we were having fun. I didn't get 2? maybe 3? posts in and all of a sudden, I've got Robino "watching for shenanigans". I felt like, "Ut, oh! One of the outcasts is here. I'd better watch him close!" and, I'm fairly sure, she had her finger on the "delete post" button which sits right next to the "ban this person" button. But we'll get back to that.
So, things are going along okay (or so I thought) and I talked to a couple of folks about my SX Mini and that they had some also. Even got some good advice from Kasanova about the next version. Like a lot of vapers do, I posted a picture of my SX Mini. Even got a compliment from AstroTurf about it. All of a sudden, a dude pops in with an attitude, grabs me by my shirt collar waistband and tries to toss me out the door!! (Yes, that's how I took your post when I first read it) To which, I made comment about the individuals post and even got 6 "likes" with what I posted so, other folks thought that person was being rude, as well.

I don't know how y'all jump right into a thread and start conversing but, I'll start out joking around a little bit. (see post# 8015). Obviously, you people can't take a joke. (well, 5 people did by the number of "likes") The atmosphere in the thread seemed light enough for the joking and before I could start actually talking about the Radius, the rudeness started.

There used to be a time that I was a proud Provari owner. I even stayed in the "Provarinati" threads here at ECF and didn't venture outside of those. Everyone was welcome whether they had a Provari or not. It was "home" so to speak. People weren't rude, obnoxious or thought less of anyone if they didn't have a Provari. Then the backbiting, backstabbing and senseless "reporting" started. No one knew what a "PM conversation" was (aka. - Take it outside). Pissed a lot of people off and made it very miserable for others that wanted to enjoy the threads. With that going on constantly, it created what people now call the "mass exodus" from the Provarinati.

What I see now has exponentially gotten worse from back then. Unless you own a Provari, or have every intention of getting one, you're not welcome here. If you use a device other than a Provari, you're not welcome here. You're considered a "troll". If people don't see things the way "you folks" see things (not all but some...ok. A lot), you're considered a piece of crap and shouldn't come in here at all. I'm not going to say everyone is this way but, I see an extraordinarily amount of rudeness, self-centeredness, obnoxiousness and people being elitist. Can I name names? Sure I could but, 1) They're not worth my time and 2) They probably already know that about themselves.
I'm going to answer Bravest1995 questions. (Post# 8308) Yes, we are all here for a common goal. To get off the crap (insert favorite brand of Stinky here) I think it's completely awesome that a Provape device works for you to keep you off of them. Worked for me too, for a while. Provape makes fine quality products and has a wonderful customer base that purchases their products. It's just a shame that the attitudes in this area of the forum push people away from a Provape product. I can't think of anyone that wants to hang around with a "holier than thou" type individual(s). Does their product work for everyone? No. As long as it works for some, mission accomplished. Like you said, "We use what we use cuz it works!".

With any luck, and I'm not trying to change the world, at the very least I would hope that all of the above will get some of you to thinking about how you treat others and your demeanor about yourself.

Rubino (I said I'd get back to that) started watching within a post or two of me coming into this thread. Even though I was one of the last of the "mass exodus" people that left back then, she already had a predisposition about the type of person that I "might" be or she wouldn't have had to look for "shenanigans" that soon. Then, classwife had to come in and put her 2¢ worth in. Instead of smashing the crap out of the "delete post" and the "ban that person" buttons, maybe you two should do your "jobs" and knock off some of the "rudeness" in this place instead of being in favor of it (shown by the lack of other posts not being deleted)

The rest of you can go ahead and post your little snide, snarky and immature comments, pictures and gifs after this. I really don't care, won't be here to read them and it will definitely show the type of person you are.

I just don't think I'll be heading back there. I left ECF for the same crap they pulled more than a year ago. It's gotten worse and not worth my time. Shame on me for giving it another try.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wow! you mean it cant power my cheap ass RDA that cost me 14.99 at 80W Yeee hawww
I'm surprised the ECF is still open for businesses based on all the negative post I've read about them here. Why would any one be apart of a forum that so closely scrutinizes everything that is said.
Some people need to be told when to shit man its the way of the world some people like being Minions without thought

Kevin2112

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
does it have a USB blow job machine on it for that price?

As a matter of fact it doesn't. But when all the ladies see me with the Radius they won't be able to keep their hands off me.Because if you can afford a Provari you can afford the "ladies".

Men-Male-Masturbators-Artificial-Vagina-Pussy-Ass-Blow-font-b-Job-b-font-Stroker-Massager-Sex.jpg

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thanks, dude! It even got a couple "likes" before it was deleted. o_O
They call that appreciation of the truth. it still exists in the deep crevices, probably around that cheeto that classwife lost in between her rolls

Kevin2112

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I screwed up replying to the above post . I was trying to be funny. Damn technology

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Why do I get the feeling there's folks that have been down a similar road as I have?? :D
I've gone round and round with AssholeTurf myself, because I'm not a Provari fanboy...don't agree with him and he starts shit...he belongs at ECF with all his other Provari fanboy trollers..

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Simply Red

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I've gone round and round with AssholeTurf myself, because I'm not a Provari fanboy...don't agree with him and he starts shit...he belongs at ECF with all his other Provari fanboy trollers..

And he's two-faced. After my 1st ban, he "liked" everyone's post that bad mouthed me. He's, also, one of the ones that "liked" what I posted above. Yeah, he was trying to taunt me into something or get me to say something negative over there but, I wasn't bitin'.

AstroTurf

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Howdy!!!

AstroTurf

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
And he's two-faced. After my 1st ban, he "liked" everyone's post that bad mouthed me. He's, also, one of the ones that "liked" what I posted above. Yeah, he was trying to taunt me into something or get me to say something negative over there but, I wasn't bitin'.
OK?!?

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't know if this is the right place for this or not but, just thought I'd through this out there.

Now, most folks here don't know me. Some do but, most don't. I like to kid around and have a tendency to be a "likable smartass". With that thought in mind, I went to ECF and poked a little fun in a radius thread. Before I could get into talking about it, boy did people get pissed! I never said anything negative about the radius. I just made it known (and not aggressively) that I wasn't going to get one. Talked to a couple of folks about my SX Mini and all was good, or so I thought. I was going to start asking questions and got "attacked" by a couple folks there before I got the chance. What the hell happened to people's sense of humor?? I told them what I thought about their attacks and, promptly, got suspended for 3 days for "trolling". Was I?? I didn't think so. I just posted like I always did in a Provape thread.

3 days later, when I got out of their "Sin Bin" (whatever the hell that is/means) I posted this. I checked the rules first to make sure I wasn't breaking any, just in case. 45 minutes later, I'm suspended, again, for 5 days! People sure are touchy over there. Anyways, here's what I posted...

The things that transpire and the outcome of it...
First of all, let's go back in history just a little bit. I heard Provape came out with the Radius. Figured I'd stop by, check things out, see what people are saying about it and, lo and behold, I saw where a few people were having problems with the device (here and in the Dead Radius thread) and the device just came out. So, me being the smart*** that I am (and if you ever read my profile, you would know that about me) I thought I'd poke a little fun. (go back to page 401 and try to let your small minds look at things objectively) AstroTurf was taking it all in stride and, I thought we were having fun. I didn't get 2? maybe 3? posts in and all of a sudden, I've got Robino "watching for shenanigans". I felt like, "Ut, oh! One of the outcasts is here. I'd better watch him close!" and, I'm fairly sure, she had her finger on the "delete post" button which sits right next to the "ban this person" button. But we'll get back to that.
So, things are going along okay (or so I thought) and I talked to a couple of folks about my SX Mini and that they had some also. Even got some good advice from Kasanova about the next version. Like a lot of vapers do, I posted a picture of my SX Mini. Even got a compliment from AstroTurf about it. All of a sudden, a dude pops in with an attitude, grabs me by my shirt collar waistband and tries to toss me out the door!! (Yes, that's how I took your post when I first read it) To which, I made comment about the individuals post and even got 6 "likes" with what I posted so, other folks thought that person was being rude, as well.

I don't know how y'all jump right into a thread and start conversing but, I'll start out joking around a little bit. (see post# 8015). Obviously, you people can't take a joke. (well, 5 people did by the number of "likes") The atmosphere in the thread seemed light enough for the joking and before I could start actually talking about the Radius, the rudeness started.

There used to be a time that I was a proud Provari owner. I even stayed in the "Provarinati" threads here at ECF and didn't venture outside of those. Everyone was welcome whether they had a Provari or not. It was "home" so to speak. People weren't rude, obnoxious or thought less of anyone if they didn't have a Provari. Then the backbiting, backstabbing and senseless "reporting" started. No one knew what a "PM conversation" was (aka. - Take it outside). Pissed a lot of people off and made it very miserable for others that wanted to enjoy the threads. With that going on constantly, it created what people now call the "mass exodus" from the Provarinati.

What I see now has exponentially gotten worse from back then. Unless you own a Provari, or have every intention of getting one, you're not welcome here. If you use a device other than a Provari, you're not welcome here. You're considered a "troll". If people don't see things the way "you folks" see things (not all but some...ok. A lot), you're considered a piece of crap and shouldn't come in here at all. I'm not going to say everyone is this way but, I see an extraordinarily amount of rudeness, self-centeredness, obnoxiousness and people being elitist. Can I name names? Sure I could but, 1) They're not worth my time and 2) They probably already know that about themselves.
I'm going to answer Bravest1995 questions. (Post# 8308) Yes, we are all here for a common goal. To get off the crap (insert favorite brand of Stinky here) I think it's completely awesome that a Provape device works for you to keep you off of them. Worked for me too, for a while. Provape makes fine quality products and has a wonderful customer base that purchases their products. It's just a shame that the attitudes in this area of the forum push people away from a Provape product. I can't think of anyone that wants to hang around with a "holier than thou" type individual(s). Does their product work for everyone? No. As long as it works for some, mission accomplished. Like you said, "We use what we use cuz it works!".

With any luck, and I'm not trying to change the world, at the very least I would hope that all of the above will get some of you to thinking about how you treat others and your demeanor about yourself.

Rubino (I said I'd get back to that) started watching within a post or two of me coming into this thread. Even though I was one of the last of the "mass exodus" people that left back then, she already had a predisposition about the type of person that I "might" be or she wouldn't have had to look for "shenanigans" that soon. Then, classwife had to come in and put her 2¢ worth in. Instead of smashing the crap out of the "delete post" and the "ban that person" buttons, maybe you two should do your "jobs" and knock off some of the "rudeness" in this place instead of being in favor of it (shown by the lack of other posts not being deleted)

The rest of you can go ahead and post your little snide, snarky and immature comments, pictures and gifs after this. I really don't care, won't be here to read them and it will definitely show the type of person you are.

I just don't think I'll be heading back there. I left ECF for the same crap they pulled more than a year ago. It's gotten worse and not worth my time. Shame on me for giving it another try.

ECF has become nothing more than an echo chamber for the elitists and snobs who like to praise their overpriced equipment.

AstroTurf

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
ECF has become nothing more than an echo chamber for the elitists and snobs who like to praise their overpriced equipment.
Does that change for dual forum members when they post here?

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I think it would be/is true of any mod.

Your point?
My point? I didn't have one exactly, was just asking....
Since you brought up the 'any mod' its refreshing to see that it really isn't any better than anything else for a change though.

AstroTurf

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My point? I didn't have one exactly, was just asking....
Since you brought up the 'any mod' its refreshing to see that it really isn't any better than anything else for a change though.
They quote (ProVape) a 1/2 of 1% repair rate for their mods...

Can anyone else say that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RebelGolfer72

Guilty as charged
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
They quote (ProVape) a 1/2 of 1% repair rate for their mods...

Can anyone else say that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe for the 2.5.. How can they have any stats like that on a mod that they just started shipping?
Of course, probably maybe 1% of all projected first run of these have been in customers hands, so half of 1% repair rate would mean that half of the mods that are in customers hands now need repair.

AstroTurf

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Maybe for the 2.5.. How can they have any stats like that on a mod that they just started shipping?
Of course, probably maybe 1% of all projected first run of these have been in customers hands, so half of 1% repair rate would mean that half of the mods that are in customers hands now need repair.
Spose like anything else, it could be spun either way.

Only time will tell whether they can maintain the low rate of mods needing repair.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Well, I'm not an encyclopedia on mod failure rates, but to answer the question the first two that come to mind with a low(er) rate would be the cravingvapor and possibly the sxm. And not exactly the point I was making. It is quite ironic that the mod touted as infallable has bee proven within the first week of release that it clearly is fallable, as any mod. Hence, it is no better, no worse.

AstroTurf

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well, I'm not an encyclopedia on mod failure rates, but to answer the question the first two that come to mind with a low(er) rate would be the cravingvapor and possibly the sxm. And not exactly the point I was making. It is quite ironic that the mod touted as infallable has bee proven within the first week of release that it clearly is fallable, as any mod. Hence, it is no better, no worse.
You were doin ok until your no better no worse comment.

AstroTurf

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Maybe, I should ask you to explain what you meant by saying...

No better no worse

VU Sponsors