Become a Patron!

Raspberry Lemon Cheesecake

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is a long steep but well worth the wait. (2 weeks)
Raspberry(FA) .75%
NY Cheesecake(CAP) 4%
Lemon Cake(INW) 2.5%
Custard(FA) 1.5%
GC Cheesecake(TFA) 2%
Fresh Cream(FA) 1%
(I mix 30/70vg-2mg and vape dual coil RTA's .28-.30 Ohms)
lemon-rasberry-swirl-cheesecake.jpg

Last edited:

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
By the way. joeyboy got my juices flowing on this one when he mentioned the Cheesecake Factory's Raspberry Lemon Cheesecake in another thread. I never ate at the Cheesecake Factory and have no clue how the real thing tastes, but it sounded so tempting I had to try to make the mix.:ejuice:

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Raspberry(FA) .75%
NY Cheesecake(CAP) 4%
Lemon Cake(INW) 2.5%
Custard(FA) 1.5%
GC Cheesecake(TFA) 2%
Fresh Cream(FA) 1%
(I mix 30/70vg-2mg and vape dual coil RTA's .28-.30 Ohms)
lemon-rasberry-swirl-cheesecake.jpg
Hmmm, let me guess Squonk's current favorite flavor! Could it be Lemon Cake?

This looks so good I wanna eat it right off the screen.:D

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
<snip>
... and vape dual coil RTA's .28-.30 Ohms)

Oh my! I usually don't build anything less than .40 Ohms. Then again, :idea: if I mix this recipe sometime this week, and with 14 days of aging...I guess I have time to put something together.

Thanks Squonk! :yes:

Ron
---
"If you build it, he will come"- Corn Whisperer (Field of Dreams, 1989)

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh my! I usually don't build anything less than .40 Ohms. Then again, :idea: if I mix this recipe sometime this week, and with 14 days of aging...I guess I have time to put something together.

Thanks Squonk! :yes:

Ron
---
"If you build it, he will come"- Corn Whisperer (Field of Dreams, 1989)
I only mention that because I notice a big difference in flavor compared to my Subtank(work horse) @ .6 Ohm single coil. I'm sure .4 is just fine. I've been loving my Crius and Griffin since I got them a few months ago. Equipment makes a huge difference in flavor. When I get home from work after using my subtank all day then hit on one of my other RTA's, it's like I just took a big breath after coming to the surface.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That sounds good. I don't have all the flavors right now, though. BTW is the TFA GC Cheesecake the same as TFA Cheesecake Graham Crust?

Alice in Vaporland

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
This sounds awesome - thanks for sharing, @Squonk ! I really love cheesecake vapes - and custards - anything super-sweet & rich = :inlove:!!

I don't have Lemon Cake - do you think I'd get something decent if I subbed with a combination of CAP's Juicy Lemon + Cake (Yellow)? I also have Cake Batter and Vanilla Cupcake if you think either of those might be a closer match, or at least tasty if not similar... I have around 50 different flavorings, but it's not too often that I actually have exactly the ones a recipe calls for, so I tend to sub a fair bit, usually with favorable results.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This sounds awesome - thanks for sharing, @Squonk ! I really love cheesecake vapes - and custards - anything super-sweet & rich = :inlove:!!

I don't have Lemon Cake - do you think I'd get something decent if I subbed with a combination of CAP's Juicy Lemon + Cake (Yellow)? I also have Cake Batter and Vanilla Cupcake if you think either of those might be a closer match, or at least tasty if not similar... I have around 50 different flavorings, but it's not too often that I actually have exactly the ones a recipe calls for, so I tend to sub a fair bit, usually with favorable results.
Your really going to need INW Lemon Cake for this one. There's just something about the lemon that steeps perfectly.
BUT.... Recipes are only guides.:wave:

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I don't have Lemon Cake - do you think I'd get something decent if I subbed with a combination of CAP's Juicy Lemon + Cake (Yellow)? I also have Cake Batter and Vanilla Cupcake

FA Lemon Sicily might be a closer match although not exactly the same, and it might fade a little in a week.
My guess would be:

FA Lemon Sicily 3% (not sure if this one will still be present after 2 weeks of aging but suspect it will fade some)
CAP Vanilla Cupcake 2% (or FA Nonna's Cake)
FW Yellow Cake 1%
(Optional) Cake Batter only if used at 0.5%, but probably isn't needed.

Just In case you can't wait for the INW Lemon Cake, but it is quite a unique flavor.
Seems to pair well with FA Nonna's Cake too...

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What if you make everything, steep it and add the fa lemon Sicily at the end just before use? I would think that may work?

I was also thinking 3% lemon Sicily and 1-2% fw yellow cake as a sub. I must be getting better.

Alice in Vaporland

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Your really going to need INW Lemon Cake for this one. There's just something about the lemon that steeps perfectly.
BUT.... Recipes are only guides.:wave:

Thanks, Squonk. :) I think I'm going to pop the INW version into my cart when I make my next flavor order. After all, I do love a nice lemon cake vape! So far I've only created my own simplistic version, using CAP's Juicy Lemon along with Yellow Cake and EM, if memory serves.

In the meantime, I think I'll try out a variation using the Juicy Lemon, Vanilla Cupcake, and Yellow Cake, since I'm also missing the Lemon Sicily and Nonna's Cake - 2 more to toss into the shopping cart! I've had my eye on that pair for a while now. ;) Thanks for the suggestions, @Heabob , and @joeyboy ! Do you know if the Juicy Lemon has a tendency to weaken as well? I can't say as I've pegged it as a 'fader' myself in the recipes I've used it in so far - I'm vaping it in a lemon cheesecake at the moment, and it's still quite lemony after 3 weeks...

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks, Squonk. :) I think I'm going to pop the INW version into my cart when I make my next flavor order. After all, I do love a nice lemon cake vape! So far I've only created my own simplistic version, using CAP's Juicy Lemon along with Yellow Cake and EM, if memory serves.

In the meantime, I think I'll try out a variation using the Juicy Lemon, Vanilla Cupcake, and Yellow Cake, since I'm also missing the Lemon Sicily and Nonna's Cake - 2 more to toss into the shopping cart! I've had my eye on that pair for a while now. ;) Thanks for the suggestions, @Heabob , and @joeyboy ! Do you know if the Juicy Lemon has a tendency to weaken as well? I can't say as I've pegged it as a 'fader' myself in the recipes I've used it in so far - I'm vaping it in a lemon cheesecake at the moment, and it's still quite lemony after 3 weeks...
Let us know how it works. I'm going to buy a different lemon on my next order. I think I'll give INW a try.

jambi

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
What % do you recommend if subbing with TFA Sweet Raspberry, the only ras I have on hand?

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I never tried TFAs. I'm sure someone will chime in. If not, my experience with TFA would be to try 4% as a shot in the dark.

I think that would be a good starting point ... TFA Raspberry Sweet is often recommended @ 10% standalone so in a mix, half of that at least.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Finally got around to mixing this one up today...

I've also read the TFA Raspberry Sweet was weaker than FA/INW, maybe a good thing tho.
Every time I see raspberry in something I wanna run away:cry:

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Finally got around to mixing this one up today...

I've also read the TFA Raspberry Sweet was weaker than FA/INW, maybe a good thing tho.
Every time I see raspberry in something I wanna run away:cry:
Don't fear the FA Raspberry. It just needs to have plenty of creamy flavor support. I generally mix it @ .5%, but with the support of the other flavors in this mix it works @ .75%.

Alice in Vaporland

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

VU Sponsors