Ray Liotta, Star of Goodfellas and GTA Vice City, Dies at 67

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Goodfellas star Ray Liotta, who also voiced Tommy Vercetti in GTA Vice City, has died.

According to Deadline, the 67-year-old actor died in his sleep in the Dominican Republic where he was filming Dangerous Waters – a new film by director John Barr.

Tributes have already begun pouring in from fans and those who worked with him.

“I am utterly shattered to hear this terrible news about my Ray,” said Goodfellas co-star, Lorraine Bracco via Twitter. “I can be anywhere in the world & people will come up & tell me their favorite movie is Goodfellas. Then they always ask what was the best part of making that movie. My response has always been the same… Ray Liotta.”

I am utterly shattered to hear this terrible news about my Ray.
I can be anywhere in the world & people will come up & tell me their favorite movie is Goodfellas. Then they always ask what was the best part of making that movie. My response has always been the same…Ray Liotta. pic.twitter.com/3gNjJFTAne

— Lorraine Bracco (@Lorraine_Bracco) May 26, 2022

Liotta was perhaps best known for the role of Henry Hill in Goodfellas – the real-life American mobster and one-time friend of Robert DeNiro’s Jimmy Conway.

He also voiced main character Tommy Vercetti in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City.

More recently, Liotta was experiencing something of a resurgence following his role in The Sopranos spin-off movie, The Many Saints of Newark. Most impressive of all, he starred as two very different twin brothers – “Hollywood Dick” Moltisanti and Salvatore “Sally” Moltisanti.

“RIP Ray Liotta,” said The Many Saints of Newark star Alessandro Nivola via Twitter. “I feel so lucky to have squared off against this legend in one of his final roles. The scenes we did together were among the all-time highlights of my acting career. He was dangerous, unpredictable, hilarious, and generous with his praise for other actors. Too soon.”

RIP Ray Liotta. I feel so lucky to have squared off against this legend in one of his final roles. The scenes we did together were among the all time highlights of my acting career. He was dangerous, unpredictable, hilarious, and generous with his praise for other actors.Too soon pic.twitter.com/FvsV2NNHkw

— Alessandro Nivola (@SandroNivola) May 26, 2022

Liotta also starred in the critically acclaimed Marriage story alongside Adam Driver and Scarlett Johansson and was due to star in The Substance opposite Demi Moore and Margaret Qualley.

He got his big break playing ex-convict Ray Sinclair in Something Wild, which also earned him a Golden Globe nomination for the role.

His cause of death is currently unknown.

Liotta is survived by his fiancée Jacy Nittolo and his daughter, Karsen.

Ryan Leston is an entertainment journalist and film critic for IGN. You can follow him on Twitter.

Blogroll credit: Vincent Sandoval / Getty Images

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors