Become a Patron!

RDA Build

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You realize with a full 4.2 volts that .07 ohms makes 252 watts and 60 amps? Even 4.0 volts makes 228 watts and 57 amps. Sorry, but I'm not going to help anybody do that. You can win a cloud competition without turning your mod into a glowing red tube.

kingworm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
trying to win the competition by way of shrapnel eh? good choice i hear punctured lungs suck at clouds.

nameonawall

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Don't build to .07 please, just do this: 22g kanthal, 5 wraps around your favorite micro coil tool, dual coil, comes out to ~.2 ohms. Align your coils perfectly center, so that you can see them while looking through the air flow. This is my go to "cloud chasing" build when I just want to fog shit up. This draws 21 amps without accounting for voltage drop, and my vtc's have never even gotten warm in a mech with this build. I still get great flavor with this build on my mutation, but it gets too hot too fast for rda's that lack the needed airflow.

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
.07 is insane. I'm good to .084 with my mod and batteries and I wont do it. I got a .18 dual coil on my LB and every other toot I take makes my ass pucker a little bit. 2 coils, 4 wraps of 22ga on each coil around a 3mm post will get you in the .18 range. Make sure you have 30 amp batteries. Sony vtc or the like. I'm using MXJO 18650s, but I am using a dual battery mech box. I know people do it and to each their own, but going below .1 is asking for trouble. If people want to do it, that's on them. There is no reason to. You can win a cloud comp with a .2 ohm if you wrap and wick it right. Forget .0** anything and stay smart.

I know I may have pissed off some cloud chasers, but she is obviously new to this and IMO .2 may be to low. Y'all didn't build your first coil below .1 and if you did you need your head checked. ;)

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Below .2 and you are cooking pretty damned hot.. much lower and you run some real risks to your self and mods.

nameonawall

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
.07 is insane. I'm good to .084 with my mod and batteries and I wont do it. I got a .18 dual coil on my LB and every other toot I take makes my ass pucker a little bit. 2 coils, 4 wraps of 22ga on each coil around a 3mm post will get you in the .18 range. Make sure you have 30 amp batteries. Sony vtc or the like. I'm using MXJO 18650s, but I am using a dual battery mech box. I know people do it and to each their own, but going below .1 is asking for trouble. If people want to do it, that's on them. There is no reason to. You can win a cloud comp with a .2 ohm if you wrap and wick it right. Forget .0** anything and stay smart.

I know I may have pissed off some cloud chasers, but she is obviously new to this and IMO .2 may be to low. Y'all didn't build your first coil below .1 and if you did you need your head checked. ;)
I'd really like to see how much one would benefit from a .07 build on the same exact setup as a .2 ohm build. If I handed someone my IPV3 set at 110 watts with a .07 build on it, would they gain anything aside from shorter ramp up time as they would with a .2 ohm build? Wouldn't these people entering "cloud comps" already be using the "inhale exhale" technique, thus negating the faster ramp up time?

Last edited:

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'd really like to see how much one would benefit from a .07 build on the same exact setup as a .2 ohm build. If I handed someone my IPV3 set at 110 watts with a .07 build on it, would they gain anything aside from shorter ramp up time as they would with a .2 ohm build? Wouldn't these people entering "cloud comps" already be using the "inhale exhale" technique, thus negating the faster ramp up time?

I really ccouldn't tell you but, my guess is the ramp up time with lower gauge wire. I don't think I ever went below .4 on my tube mech. I do not do comps and stuff. To me .18 is low, with the mod and batteries i am using i am within limits. My coil just happened to come out that low. I was shooting for .2-.25 range. The new high wattage mods are taking a lot of the need to vape that low out of the picture. I got a good vape on my ipv2 with a .4 at 40w.

nameonawall

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I really ccouldn't tell you but, my guess is the ramp up time with lower gauge wire. I don't think I ever went below .4 on my tube mech. I do not do comps and stuff. To me .18 is low, with the mod and batteries i am using i am within limits. My coil just happened to come out that low. I was shooting for .2-.25 range. The new high wattage mods are taking a lot of the need to vape that low out of the picture. I got a good vape on my ipv2 with a .4 at 40w.
That's basically what I do. Lowest I build is .2

Barkt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just did my first build on my own Doge today, buy I've set one up for a friend in the past. I use 2 Twisted 28gauge coils, 8 wraps at 2.4mm ID. Clocks in at about .4 ohms. My friend is still happy with and uses the twisted build I made for him and I'm pretty happy with mine so far, so it doesn't seem like a fluke

VU Sponsors