Become a Patron!

RDA Juice Consumption

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I just tried something on my wife's recommendation. She wanted to know if I still chain vaped as bad as I normally do with my daily set up as I would with a different RDA and mod, in hopes that I could slow down a bit. I admittedly vape a lot more than I used to (covid fucking up my job situation contributes a huge factor in this). I vape about 35ml now VS the 15-20 I did when I worked, using the same set up. So I tossed my Reverie on my SQ 21700 and vaped it all day today instead of my usual Kronig/B2K combo I use daily. Long story short, I went through a touch more than 18ml of juice (2 recurve bottles and a very little bit from a third bottle, so maybe 19m) instead of my usual 35 (oddly very accurate). Same 2mg juice in both set ups.

Has anyone else experienced something similar? I definitely vape a lot more from my daily set up VS the test set up. I could tolerate the reverie just fine, but 100% would choose the B2K over any other RDA I have ever used, period. I am not going to hide the fact that I want every single person on this forum, and a few more that I have not met yet, to tell me to vape my B2K/Kronig all day, every day, no matter the juice consumption. But I am genuinely interested if anyone else experienced something similar, and also if anyone thinks using a set up I like a lot less is worth decreasing my juice consumption at the mg juice I use (2mg, 36 total mg nic VS the 70mg I get off my daily set up). Just in case someone is wondering, cravings and my overall feelings were no different when using either set up. I honestly could drop nic and be fine, but I really like to have it so that I am much less (a WHOLE LOT less) of an asshole to people than I am without nic, family or not sadly. I came from a 2-3 pack a day cigarette habit (I rolled my cigs and did not keep track as I used them, very heavy smoker though and much more bitchy with cigs than vapes) around 3 years ago. I could increase my nic, but I am WAY more addicted to the hand to mouth habit than nic consumption, so I see no use for more nic. I can easily go 12 hours without nic without any negative effects, but still prefer not too, lol.

Any thoughts and recommendations are welcome. Be brutal, I can take it. I have my big boy pants on, and I actually respond better to brutally honest opinions.

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
@Syythe , I started out at 12mg nic 4 years ago and now down to 3mg. I tried to go without nic but I found I vaped a lot more juice in a day so I went back to 3mg.
Actually the last batch I made is 4mg to see what happens. Just trying to lower my juice consumption. I find myself grabbing the vape as soon as wake up in the morning just like i did with with smokes so I think its a nic thing with me.
Have a ton of nic to last till I'm in the ground so not worried about that.

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@Syythe , I started out at 12mg nic 4 years ago and now down to 3mg. I tried to go without nic but I found I vaped a lot more juice in a day so I went back to 3mg.
Actually the last batch I made is 4mg to see what happens. Just trying to lower my juice consumption. I find myself grabbing the vape as soon as wake up in the morning just like i did with with smokes so I think its a nic thing with me.
Have a ton of nic to last till I'm in the ground so not worried about that.
Thank you very much for sharing. It is absolutely something in the back of my mind constantly. I just don't think nic is a problem. I quit smoking at 3mg with abosolutely no issues. I dropped to 2mg a year ago with no issues either. I really feel that I may be addicted to the hand to mouth thing in a very serious way. When I use something out of my prefered comfort zone, like the reverie, I use substantially less nic and juice over a 24 hour period.

Edit-grammar and corrections

Last edited:

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Oddly, I want to add (this is something I am truly ashamed of and never admitted too, even to my wife or myself in some ways) that I vape while sleeping. My father also does this with cigarettes (I never could convert him to vapes, but we have a wishy-washy relationship at best), and other family members I do not want to mention also do this with cigarettes. I honestly think the hand to mouth thing has me by the balls, and I have little I can do about it. My preferred vape may be amplifying this issue, which is the issue I want to confront.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thank you very much for sharing. It is absolutely something in the back of my mind constantly. I just don't think nic is a problem. I quit smoking at 3mg with abosolutely no issues. I dropped to 2mg a year ago with no issues either. I really feel that I may be addicted to the hand to mouth thing in a very serious way. When I use something out of my prefered comfort zone, like the reverie, I use substantially less nic and juice over a 24 hour period.

Edit-grammar and corrections
Not sure what to say as to your consumption, but I think I would agree use what you like best. I also totally agree on the hand to mouth. I know for me this is 90% of my addiction, at least. I went to zero nic for maybe 2 months, and while I could do it, just didn't see the point.
I feel I am very lucky to enjoy mtl so much. A normal day for me consists of one or two mtl setups and an RDA. I basically chain vape all day, and probably a normal consumption day is 8-10 ml through mtl, and 5-7 ml through dl. I only say this to solidify the hand to mouth, but will also add (at least for me) the need to exhale "smoke".

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
All I’ve noticed to effect my juice consumption is changing from a dual coil to single coil setup.
in a dual coil I can burn through 20-30 ml a day depending on stress factors.
On a single coil I can keep it between 10-15ml a day.
the coil style also effects my consumption. If I use a 28g quad core coil, I will burn through more than a 30g quad coil. I haven’t used a regular round wire coil in a while, but I’m sure if I did I would burn even less.

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Not sure what to say as to your consumption, but I think I would agree use what you like best. I also totally agree on the hand to mouth. I know for me this is 90% of my addiction, at least. I went to zero nic for maybe 2 months, and while I could do it, just didn't see the point.
I feel I am very lucky to enjoy mtl so much. A normal day for me consists of one or two mtl setups and an RDA. I basically chain vape all day, and probably a normal consumption day is 8-10 ml through mtl, and 5-7 ml through dl. I only say this to solidify the hand to mouth, but will also add (at least for me) the need to exhale "smoke".
The hand to mouth thing was always my main issue. I started smoking around the age of 12 and was a heavy smoker even at that age. I am pretty sure that is why it is so deeply rooted. Sure would be nice to break that though. Not to stop vaping, just so that I can feel more comfortable when I choose not to vape for a while.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The hand to mouth thing was always my main issue. I started smoking around the age of 12 and was a heavy smoker even at that age. I am pretty sure that is why it is so deeply rooted. Sure would be nice to break that though. Not to stop vaping, just so that I can feel more comfortable when I choose not to vape for a while.
Oh I agree. I started at 13, so pretty much the same. Would love to be rid of it just to feel "free". Also sure this is why no other method worked for me quitting smoking.

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm an idiot, I just figured out why I use pretty much double the juice on my B2K. I never noticed it before, but I take two hits back to back every time I hit it, but I do not do that with other RDAs.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I'm an idiot, I just figured out why I use pretty much double the juice on my B2K. I never noticed it before, but I take two hits back to back every time I hit it, but I do not do that with other RDAs.

That's the way I vaped when I was still MTL. I'd always take two hits.

I guess pertinent to your original question, I'd ask how well-supplied you are for a potential time when juice cannot be bought. My inclination is to go for economy, and thus a kind of "security" vs. a more perfect personal preference, in any circumstance where a shortage is possible. But I'm kind of a security/safety neurotic personality anyway.

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That's the way I vaped when I was still MTL. I'd always take two hits.

I guess pertinent to your original question, I'd ask how well-supplied you are for a potential time when juice cannot be bought. My inclination is to go for economy, and thus a kind of "security" vs. a more perfect personal preference, in any circumstance where a shortage is possible. But I'm kind of a security/safety neurotic personality anyway.
I have enough nic to last me and my wife around 30 years at our current rate. I also have a couple extra liters I bought for the sole purpose to share with friends/family if things get rough for them. Last thing I wanted was to have all this equipment, but nothing to put through them.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The vape experience is more complex than the sum of its constituents. Nicotine suppresses cravings in a certain specific way that also can vary a lot from person to person, and too much nicotine having been absorbed in the body over too short a period of time creates aversion, but nicotine alone is usually not enough to be able to suppress all cravings completely. As a result from this, upping the nicotine strength of the juice does help in many cases, but not in all cases. It can be an important factor for sure. The urge to constantly keep vaping, or chain vaping is some way similar to cravings that may not necessarily always be perceived as such, as the addiction model for smoking tobacco is obviously complex. In fact there may be partial overlaps between urges (behavioral pressure) and cravings (seeking relief) as they are interlinked. They modulate each other. Vaping is like a paradigm shift, in the particular sense that it lets me focus my attention on how the vape tastes, AND feels. With a normal cigarette you can't really do much to tweak the taste and feel, when options are rather limited in comparison to what's possible in vaping. It's a whole different type of garden space to explore, if you can tailor your vape experience to match the journey that you had in mind. Smoking tobacco is a vicious circle. Always make sure to remember that fact, and, whatever you do don't let the most precious gift that is engendered by vaping go to waste. If you still haven't figured out what that might be, I'll give you a hint. It's the exact opposite of a vicious circle. It is called Variation.

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I love my Pulse with Apocalypse rda. It is a great set up. I run it pretty low, .10 or so. It guzzles juice. I can empty a squonk bottle in no time flat. Zero leaks so the juice is vaped. Just almost disturbing amounts.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I use 18mg/ml strength juice. When I used clearomizers I was using maybe 2 ml daily. With a single coil RDA I use around 4 ml daily. These are rough averages but close enough. I've just not ever been one to use a lot of juice. Sometimes it seems to me I chain vape but then, other times mods sit for hours without being touched.

Something I figured out:

Me: 18 mg * 4 ml = 72 mg daily
Vaper A: 6 mg * 12 ml = 72 mg daily
Vaper B: 3 mg * 24 ml = 72 mg daily

Use lower nicotine strength juice you need more juice to get the same effect of nicotine I get in 4 ml of juice. That only seems to make sense too.

I've always used 18mg/ml strength except for one week when my wife had me try 12mg/ml. I didn't like that too well. Needed to keep vaping all day or so I felt. Knew it wasn't factually that much difference but it still felt like a big step off to me.

And no I don't think RDA are less efficient, more efficient than tanks or clearomizers. RDA simply give access to vapor in a different manner. There is more air involved with RDA use and yes, it may seem that cuts efficiency, and it may if I'm honest. Still I don't see it as so much of a drop to warrant being called less efficient. It's different that's all.

Even if not as efficient to me the trade off using an RDA is worth it. Shoot in my case I'm only using extra 2 ml of juice. Hurt me something bad.

Last edited:

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can easily vape 50ml a day in a dual coil RTA. For some reason I use less with my Squonk mods though. I can easily go through 50ml with a single coil too if I use a massive alien or other complex coil. I do chain vape though. I once went through 100ml when dripping haha. It's just experimenting. I use 3mg sub ohm and 12mg in my MTL. Used to be 6mg sub ohm and 18mg for my lower wattage. Was making me cough so reduced it.

VU Sponsors