Become a Patron!

RDA Side Airflow Poll

Which of the following types of side airflow would you most expect to see in a new RDA?

• Total voters

InAbsentiaMods

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Right, hello ladies and fellas,

I've got a hypothetical for you all.

I've been designing a new RDA that tackles a few of the design issues/standards that I most often see spoken about as negatives, or at least neutrally seen in today's RDAs.

It's a fairly standard design in some ways, and then quite unique/revolutionary in others.

The thing I'd like your opinion on has to do with the airflow side of things, because while I've got the build deck, 510, posts, +/- contacts, top cap etc all pretty much set in stone already, somehow I've still got a whole slew of different directions I could go with regards to the side airflow.

So I've decided the best thing to do is to run a little poll to see what you, the vaping enthusiasts, would most like to/expect to see in a new RDA.

I appreciate you taking the time to have a little think about which option you think would be best.

Many thanks.

Note: For the purposes of this poll, there will be both a wide bore chuff cap and a standard 510 drip tip adaptor available across all options.
You may also assume that there either is or is not a bottom airflow (whichever you'd prefer) separate from the answers above, so that the question of bottom airflow does not influence your decision about the side airflow.

Update: Thanks everyone so far who voted! I'm hoping that there'll be many more votes coming over the next couple weeks, as the results of this poll are going to influence the final AFC design of my (hopefully) upcoming RDA.
I've found a couple different people who may be willing to work with me on creating a few prototypes, so I'm just weighing up the choice of their various different payment requests, and also waiting to see what this airflow poll tells me.
I'm practically hopping up and down like I need a wee from the excitement

Last edited:

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I like 25 mm RDA's, plenty of room for big claptons and Caterpillar coils.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like room but more concerned with airflow. I like the fixed airflow cap on my petri, it's good if you can get it right.

InAbsentiaMods

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I like room but more concerned with airflow. I like the fixed airflow cap on my petri, it's good if you can get it right.

So you would probably pick option 2 then by the sounds of things? (Click through to web view if you're using Tapatalk, as for some reason the actual poll isn't showing up in the app)

I know it's a little ambiguously worded, but I'm basically trying to get it to come across as all things being ideal for each individual user. So in your case we can assume that the airflow on at least one top cap from option 2 and 3 is just right for your tastes.

stmtpr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I voted #1 but prefer something like the side airflow on the velocity rda.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So you would probably pick option 2 then by the sounds of things? (Click through to web view if you're using Tapatalk, as for some reason the actual poll isn't showing up in the app)

I know it's a little ambiguously worded, but I'm basically trying to get it to come across as all things being ideal for each individual user. So in your case we can assume that the airflow on at least one top cap from option 2 and 3 is just right for your tastes.
Yup that the option I selected in the poll. I'm thinking along the lines of the recoil RDA, that's what I gathered from the second option.

InAbsentiaMods

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Yup that the option I selected in the poll. I'm thinking along the lines of the recoil RDA, that's what I gathered from the second option.

Yeah pretty much along the lines of
Recoil or the Kaze V2 was what I was thinking.

—•—•—•—•—•—

Cheers

Jacob Chandler
@InAbsentiaMods

ApolloKen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Im working on an rda myself. Id probably go recoil af but would depend on everything else about the rda and how it's setup. To solve all issues u could do recoil af and include an inner sleeve for the adjustable aspect that would work with both top caps for folks that want further options with the airflow and for mtl folks as well as single coilers cuz they wouldnt mind losing the lil bit of room the sleeve would take up and Itd be super easy. U could even go further and add a deck with bottom airflow in the deck like kennedy but able to shut it off, it'd just need an elevated deck which gives a deep juice well like the gear rda. Make it goon drip tip compatible and throw in some spring loaded goon clamps like the pharaoh and a 90° on the ends of the clamps so leads can't slide out and bam ya have every killer rda in one package... as u can see I've thought about this a lil. Sorry for the rambling, I'm on a 10hr ride.

4pups

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Something simple. On some of my side air tanks and drippers, the aromamizer supreme in partictlar, I get a lot of popping juice out of the airflow holes, as the coils are close to the hole, and it's a hole, not a slit. I don't suspect it's a common thing, but I've had it happen in a couple of different models, and I fucking hate it.
That's my profound thought for the day. Good luck to you.

VU Sponsors