Become a Patron!

Recipe Rescue

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So, I made a juice called Raspberry Custard months ago and it was great after a month. I then made 150ml due it needing to sit for a month. However, I had added .5% Inwera Cactus due to it supposedly making fruits pop, come alive, etc. I've used FA Pear many times and it works, so the Cactus being a new addition, I thought, what the hell. The problem is all I taste is fucking Cactus. What a nasty taste. Who in their right mind would eat a cactus? Anyway, I have a couple of ideas, but I'd like to solicit suggestions from folks who might have done the same. Here's the recipe.

Apple Pie - FA 2%
Cactus - Inw 0.5
Meringue - FA 1
Raspberry - Inw 1
Sweet Raspberry - TPA 2
V. Custard v1 - CAP 5
Vienna Cream - FA 1.5

Mixed at 40/60 @ 5mg

Any and all suggestions will be seriously considered. I have about 150 flavors available. I'm not as concerned with the loss of the ingredients as I am with the loss of time.

Thanks.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Any and all suggestions will be seriously considered.

Well I guess I'm not alone cause I thought the Cactus was nasty too.
If it only took 0.5% to overpower the Raspberries OMG.
Other than adding more Raspberry you might try adding 2-3% Shisha Strawberry.
Gonna take a powerful flavor to cover it up I think.
Maybe some Lime :D

iVapeDIY

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
TPA Dragonfruit has emulsifying/ muting properties ... might silence Cactus and keep the Rasberry................

sampleit

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Cactus taste great with lime and apple, (real drink and vape!)I don't go higher than 0.3 It can begin to taste aloe'e at high percentages.
I def wouldn't add it to a custard, fruit blends only!! Can still add juiciness at 0.15%
Inw now has prickly pear... I thought cactus was prickly pear???

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I guess I'm not alone cause I thought the Cactus was nasty too.
If it only took 0.5% to overpower the Raspberries OMG.
Other than adding more Raspberry you might try adding 2-3% Shisha Strawberry.
Gonna take a powerful flavor to cover it up I think.
Maybe some Lime :D

I like that idea...lime and raspberry sounds good to me. I'll take 10ml and try it. Thanks.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
TPA Dragonfruit has emulsifying/ muting properties ... might silence Cactus and keep the Rasberry................

I'll give that a try for 10ml. I've used DF before with mixing strawberries and it's ok as long as it's low. Thanks.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cactus taste great with lime and apple, (real drink and vape!)I don't go higher than 0.3 It can begin to taste aloe'e at high percentages.
I def wouldn't add it to a custard, fruit blends only!! Can still add juiciness at 0.15%
Inw now has prickly pear... I thought cactus was prickly pear???

Well, lesson learned about custards. Next time I'll leave well enough alone. Thanks.

Last edited:

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Well, lesson learned about custards. Next time I'll leave well enough alone. Thanks.
maybe try a different avenue with I wouldnt say absolutely never put cactus in custard vapes. I knew this one guy who had a pretty popular strawberry custard ;) said the seceret ingredient was cactus

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
maybe try a different avenue with I wouldnt say absolutely never put cactus in custard vapes. I knew this one guy who had a pretty popular strawberry custard ;) said the seceret ingredient was cactus

It could be. One of the things I'll try is diluting a 10 ml bottle with 15 ml of the original recipe. That should bring it down to 0.17%. Now I just have to find the damn time.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
FA raspberry or FA forest fruit could prove quite efficient cactus killers....

I have the latter so I'll give that a try as well. The upside of this problem is it'll teach me something.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So, here's an update. I've tried quite a few things to rescue this batch. Nothing has worked, the cactus is just always there in varying degrees and it ruins the raspberry.

Lesson learned...I hope.

VU Sponsors