Become a Patron!

Reggie Fils-Aimé Appointed to Rogue Games as Advisor, Joining Ex-Sony President Jack Tretton

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Publisher Rogue Games has appointed ex-Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aimé as a strategic advisor to its board - just a month after it appointed ex-Sony Computer Entertainment America president Jack Tretton to a similar role. Announced in a press release, Fils-Aimé will serve as a strategic advisor to the board of directors. Rogue is currently actively moving into console publishing, and the ex-Nintendo executive will offer his expertise in that area. “When Rogue shared its console vision with me and I saw the first games that will be arriving this summer on platforms like Nintendo Switch, I was immediately impressed by the levels of ambition and innovation,” said Reggie Fils-Aimé. “I’m always on the lookout for fast-growing and innovative companies that are ready to shape the future of games and I’m excited to join Rogue in their mission to unite and simplify games publishing across all platforms.” [ignvideo url="https://www.ign.com/videos/2019/02/21/remembering-reggies-best-ass-moments"] Last month, Jack Tretton - who worked at Sony Computer Entertainment America for 19 years, before stepping down in 2014 - also joined Rogue as a strategic advisor, and will advise on the company's planned move into publishing on next-gen consoles. It leaves Rogue with an unusually notable set of advisors as it makes its move into console markets. IGN will be showing off one of those console games later today, so make sure keep an eye on our feeds. Rogue has previously published a number of games on Apple Arcade, including Super Impossible Road, about which we said: "For a dash of F-Zero, give Super Impossible Road a try." Since his retirement from Nintendo, Reggie's been keeping busy, from joining Gamestop's board of directors to launching a gaming podcast. We interviewed him last year as he looked back over "a career of making people smile". [poilib element="accentDivider"] Joe Skrebels is IGN's Executive Editor of News. Follow him on Twitter. Have a tip for us? Want to discuss a possible story? Please send an email to [email protected].

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors