RetroActive: Exclusive Preview of the Mind-Bending Time Travel Graphic Novel

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
The espionage underworld is a dangerous and very complicated place at the best of times. So what happens when you throw time travel into that powder keg? That's the question fueling RetroActive, a new original graphic novel from James Bond: Origin artist Ibrahim Moustafa. In this high-stakes spy romp, a secret agent becomes trapped in a repeating time loop that always ends in a deadly terror attack.

IGN can exclusively debut a new preview of RetroActive, which is being published through Humanoids. Check it out in the slideshow gallery below:

Here's Humanoids' official description for RetroActive:

In RETROACTIVE, the discovery of time travel is unknown to the general public, but a new Cold War rages between global intelligence agencies as they attempt to alter historical events in favor of their respective futures. When new intel points the U.S. Bureau of Temporal Affairs (BTA) toward a hostile anomaly in the past, veteran field agent Tarik Abdelnasser and his new partner, Lucia Olmos, are dispatched to investigate. They discover a radical adversary wielding a new technology that could unravel everything the BTA fights to maintain. As Tarik gets closer to the truth, he finds himself trapped in a time loop where an imminent terrorist attack, and his own death, trigger the day to restart. He must keep his sanity intact and find a way to prevent the attack, escape the loop, and return to his own timeline to thwart the destruction of the BTA and everyone inside of it.

RetroActive is the second in Moustafa's three book contract with Humanoids. The first was 2021's Count, which re-imagines The Count of Monte Cristo in a futuristic sci-fi setting.

"I'm so thrilled to bring another book to life with Humanoids,” said Moustafa in a statement. “They've given me the creative autonomy to tell the kinds of stories that I'm most passionate about, and I'm very excited to share this work that the rest of the creative team and I are so proud of. Brad Simpson (colors) and Hassan Otsmane-Elhaou (letters) are at their very best on RETROACTIVE, and I can't wait for people to see what we made together under the stewardship of Rob Levin, one of the best editors in the industry."

Look for RetroActive to hit bookstores and comic shops on April 12, 2022.

For more on what's to come in the new year, find out what to expect from Marvel in 2022 and what to expect from DC in 2022, and find out why DC is killing nearly every member of the Justice League.

Jesse is a mild-mannered staff writer for IGN. Allow him to lend a machete to your intellectual thicket by following @jschedeen on Twitter.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors