Become a Patron!

Review - Aspire ET-S BDC 2.4ml Glass Tank

LimeB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I bought the Aspire ET-S BDC 2.4ml Glass Tank as one of 3 different types of " Glassomiser/ clearomiser" ( these terms are odd) in my first lot of vaping gear. I cannot pretend any expert knowledge or much experience of other tanks to compare them with. The main issue I want to share is the fact that this tank is not glass as it was advertised as. The first outing with it it broke. Separated where the tip joins onto the " glass" and it seems to be acrylic or plastic of some sort. The little jagged bit left at the separation where bendable. The seller has not offered explanation or compensation yet. They agree that it may have been a result of the apple fluid that was in it, but it would not have happened if it was glass as it was meant to be.
Apple fluid got everywhere and into the other tanks that I carried so I ended up resorting to cigarettes that night. Not happy about that. Also copped a bit of ribbing from smoking friends.
As far as vaping
, when working it was quite a nice cloud produced, but I am not sure due to lack of comparison but I think the flavour may be fairly minimal. Will know when y new tanks arrive. This is frustrating when I only have postal access to gear, and the time delay is very frustrating.
The tank seems to need you to only drag on it very slowly/ gently or it can flood. gurgle and spit etc. It also floods a bit if left upright over night. This is reduced if I remove the tank from the mod and store the tank tip down over night.
So I cannot give accurate performance comparison yet. but I will say this gave adequate vapor when used carefully, but cannot recommend this tank in regards to quality build. You should try to fill it with just as much fluid as you think you will use before going to bed that night, maybe top up small amounts at a time.
For the price ( here in Oz) I think you should get cheaper ones that have better reviews ( around $4 each), or go up to the $20 - $40 range and get a much better tank such with real glass and/ or metal tanks.
I need to try drip atomizers and other cheap tanks before I know about the flavour issue.

LimeB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I must add, the tank has flooded all day today, and leaked through the coil into the top of the Vamo mod. Bad coils? I have tried cleaning, tightening, and putting the coil from the one that fell apart into the remaining tank, it immediately leaked into the top of the mod.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
These work good when they work. I have found that if you don't use them for a few days they flood. Just like all of the other Aspire BDC. The way I found to cure that is to store them upside down if you aren't gonna be using them for a few days.

StaceyL

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I own 3 of these and have not experienced any flooding issues with mine or leaking issues. I have however noticed that the condensation that builds up in the mouth piece does run out rather freely if its turned upside down, like for filling. I just started randomly running a q-tip or wound up paper towel down the mouth piece to soak up any excess condensation. I had one full of a cinnamon liquid for more than a month and it never cracked or leaked. I have decided that all tanks have one thing in common, there are always bad ones in each batch. Buying tanks is like playing craps, you're never quite sure what you're going to get lol.

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have two Aspire ET-S BDC 2.4ml Glass Tanks that are working fine for me. I'm not very happy about the price of the coil heads after finding some in the pack not performing well.
I'm vaping on one now.
After melting 3 plastic Evods, I now only buy glass or metal tanks.

tpsimonton

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yeah other than a few bad heads I've had no problems with mine. I get tons of vapor and decent flavor. Mine don't sit without use though. I have 2 and use them dAily . For me the best to date.

I've never had any issues with any aspire products. I should write a review on the new mini bvc. It's amazing.

Why would you resort to cigs when any drug store sells Blu refills that would fit your mod? Or the gas station that sells cancer also most likely had 3 different kinds of disposables. If they didnt then the next one would.

Sorry to go off a bit but seeing fellow vapors puff on a butt annoys the hell out of me when there are so many other options out there now.

If you didn't know a Blu refill would fit on your mod, now you do. It's a 510 carto.

Seek other options and always have a back up plan incase the glass breaks.

Happy vaping.

brad527

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Aspire is coming out with the bvc coil for all the bdc tanks, not the nautilus coils. They should be out by the end of the month. These coils are amazing, and should take care of any issues. They last twice as long, have better flavor, and huge clouds. They are on the bay as a preorder

Delion

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have a couple of these, Aspire ET-S BDC tanks and I run them on my mvp 2.0 all day as with @StaceyL I get the condensation build up in the tip portion but I carry in my kit extra q-tips and at the bar I just twist up a drink naplin and clean it out, I have nto had any issues with flooding of it at all, my only other issue was on my stainless one, it does not seem as free flowing with air as my black one does, however I had someone say that could be the coil and another person said the hole may not be drilled to the right size, but with all that aside I love these two tanks I just bought a third one that I vape my suicide bunny mothers milk in as I am not a dripper I am a tank user :p

I cant wait to try the new bvc coil for the bdc tanks I hope they are as amazing as I think they might be!

brad527

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have a couple of these, Aspire ET-S BDC tanks and I run them on my mvp 2.0 all day as with @StaceyL I get the condensation build up in the tip portion but I carry in my kit extra q-tips and at the bar I just twist up a drink naplin and clean it out, I have nto had any issues with flooding of it at all, my only other issue was on my stainless one, it does not seem as free flowing with air as my black one does, however I had someone say that could be the coil and another person said the hole may not be drilled to the right size, but with all that aside I love these two tanks I just bought a third one that I vape my suicide bunny mothers milk in as I am not a dripper I am a tank user :p

I cant wait to try the new bvc coil for the bdc tanks I hope they are as amazing as I think they might be!
dude , they make a huge difference, go to brad's vapor on fb

Aquaman

Member For 4 Years
I have one Aspire ET-S BDC 2.4ml Glass Tank, & an Aspire ET-S BDC 3.5ml Glass Tank. The heads that I received with them worked great. The coils lasted about 2 weeks each running mostly coffee an choco mint. I bought 2 packs of 5 coils that were pure junk!!! The 10 coils lasted about three weeks :-((( I bought an EVOD (plastic) tank at the same time I got the Aspire ET-S BDC 2.4ml Glass Tank. I got 5 extra EVOD coils. I tried putting the EVOD coils in the Aspire tanks but it wouldn't fit inside the metal tube so I filed down the ribs on the top of the EVOD coils to fit inside the tube on the Aspires.....PERFECT!!!! They work Excellent, hit better than the BDC's ever did, taste better, and last about a week and a half each. I bought a 50pack of 2.2ohm coils from Fasttech that are extremely easy to replace (less than2mins) in the EVOD heads. Next I'll buy EVOD glass tanks and be set for life....Goodbye Aspire!

VU Sponsors