Become a Patron!

Review: DOVPO DT-50

would you buy after reading this review?

• Total voters
Hey guys this is my first time on the forum and first offical review.
I have not seen any videos or posts on any blogs about this dt50 so i decided to make one.

The dt50 is a box mod by DOVPO the company that made the E-lvts (or the one that has a transformer logo on it). This box mod is 50 watts and 4000+ mah! Adjustable 510 connection

Pros: 50watts. Affordable (under $100). Long battery life. Temp control (locks if overheats). Ohms reader. Battery meter (volts and when it needs charge). Percise 0.1 up wattage per click and holding down will not auto scroll to wattage (ie. istick from eleaf). Very crisp button clicks. Hits to 0.2 ohms.

Here is a list that I think are user preferences more than necessities (what it doesn't have): puff counter. User can't put in their own batteries (18650s).

Cons: up and down watt button wobbles slightly. Some RDAs or tanks don't sit flush (ie. Tugboat, Mutation X, any with adjustable 510 connector or longer connector).

"Internal rattle (could be battery rattle, need more info tbd)." contacted manufacturer and this problem could just be a bad batch or damaged in-shipping.

Contact info: Dovpo USA
2220 Commerce Street #F
Houston Texas 77002

Rep: Leland Yarborough
[email protected]
832-529-5563

That concludes my review on the DOVPO DT -50 50watt device.

Here are some pictures (sadly i can not for the life of me find the box)
IMG_20141123_020552.jpg

Last edited:

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
sadly not being able to use batteries is a deal breaker for me.. not sure why they did that..

Simply amazing for the new vapor that wants to up their game. I was looking into new devices such as the Sigelei 100w and IPV 3 and 2. I found this mod randomly, looked at the specs, and realized that it was the perfect device for me. I don’t do RBA’s and have an Aspire Nautilus, Kanger Aerotank Mega, and an Innokin iClear 30s and X.i. I was looking for a device that could also run the Aspire Atlantis( my previous device was an MVP V2.0). I was blown away, of course, when I received both and tried it for the first time. I don’t really foresee myself getting into the RBA world, but am considering getting a Kanger Subtank to try it out.

This mod is simply amazing through my use so far( only used it for a day). It has four ranges of resistances that it remembers your settings for. You have to set them first and you’re good. It also will not let you go outside of your resistance’s wattage range. Pop my Atlantis on and set it for 35 watts… Vapes great! Tried my other clearomizers (between 1.6-2.1 ohms) and set it for 18 watts and vapes GREAT! Put my Atlantis back on….. BOOM… it’s back at 35 watts without me changing any settings.

I have literally been giddy throughout the day using this thing. I had no idea what I was missing with a more restrictive device.

Here are some of my pro’s and cons considering this device:

Pros: Price is around $75-80 from a US retailer, Resistance range memory, Sturdy construction, Threading for 510 connection and adjustable pin are very smooth, Airflow channels coming from 510 connection, Able to use both clearomizers and more advanced devices, Very “clicky” buttons, Fast wattage adjusting at .1 (no round-robin), INSANE battery life (4000 mah) and no swapping out batteries (some people view this as a con), Adjustable 510 connection to make your atomizer flush (there is a bit of a con about this as well)

Cons: 510 adjustable connection is not reverse threaded (when I change my atomizer, sometimes the screw adjusts out and I have to tighten it), Not a “pass-through” device (you can’t vape while charging)

I hope this review is helpful to other people as I have found VERY few other reviews besides Vaping Shozzaa’s review of it. Some people knock the looks, but that is entirely subjective. I personally love the look and feel of this device (I have the black version with the scorpion).

VU Sponsors