Become a Patron!

Review: Innokin iTaste 134 Mini

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
DISCLAIMER: I am a newbie who has been vaping for a little over two weeks at the time this review was written. This is not a paid review, and is not meant to promote any particular product or distributor. Just an honest review from an end user!

2014-04-10-00_03_49-itaste-134-mini-sale.png

I received my new Innokin iTaste 134 Mini via vapemail this weekend. I took advantage of Cyber Monday deals from MVS.com (My Vapor Store) and purchased the following for $143.85:
  • iTaste 134 Mini (stainless/clear)
  • Efest IMR 18500 1100mAh batteries x2 (button top)
  • Efest LUC Charger
The 134 Mini was on sale for $99 (normally about $150). As mentioned in my disclaimer above, I'm new to vaping, and my first purchase was an Innokin MVP 2.0 starter kit. It was inexpensive (about $60) and performs great. I really like that I can vape with the MVP for about 3 days before needing to charge the battery. The tank that came with the MVP kit had wicks and wasn't very good, so I purchased two Aspire Nautilus tanks and have been very happy with this setup.

My one glaring complaint with this setup was portability. The MVP is great for vaping at home, but it doesn't fit well in a pocket for vaping while on the go. Admittedly, I like bling bling, and the MVP is basically just a box that doesn't look very cool. I figure if I'm going to be an ambassador for vaping while out in public, having a badass looking rig couldn't hurt. The iTaste 134 came across my radar, and I fell in love with the aesthetics. However, once I watched a video review and saw how huge that thing is, I was sure I'd have to keep looking. But then I discovered there was a new 134 MINI version!

963ad63da18d666eb1387f91e49aa7e1.png

UNBOXING

The 134 Mini comes with an awesome carry case (pictured above), and honestly, the photos you may have seen don't do it justice. I figured it was some El Cheapo case like you might find for a few bucks at Walmart, but it isn't. The case is very well done, and the insert on the inside is custom-cut and felt covered (no, it's not foam) to hold the 134 Mini parts. The kit includes the 134 Mini, Innokin's new iClear X.I tank, and two adapters for the 134 Mini. One fits size 18500 batteries, and a smaller adapter for size 18350. The 134 Mini will only hold a single battery in either configuration.

Even the instruction manual is quality. The booklet is wrapped in a heavy duty textured paper that kind of looks like leather.

A note on adapter/battery size: I wear size L men's gloves, and with an 18500 battery, the 134 Mini fits in my hand perfectly. I don't have huge meathooks, but the smaller battery would probably make this too small for me.

eY8hlCI.png

BUILD

Even though the 134 Mini is smaller than the original 134, there is still quite a bit of weight to this mod due to the stainless steel materials. It weighs just as much, if not slightly more than my MVP 2.0.

This is a variable watt only device (7-12.5), and there is no display screen. You adjust wattage by turning the dial, which has clearly marked numbers. As you turn the dial, it clicks into place, so you don't have to worry about bumping it out of position. No variable voltage may be a turn-off for some people, but vaping by wattage has its advantages. The mod will automatically adjust voltage to whatever tank you have attached, so you get a consistent vape without having to worry about ohm variances between tank coils. Set the mod at your preferred wattage and fuggetaboudit.

VAPING

I haven't tried the new iClear X.I tank that came with the kit yet, though I've read good reviews about it. I've been using my Nautilus tanks @ 9.0w and the 134 Mini comes through like a champ. Good, consistent cloud production. No misfires, and no burning my juice. I don't really know what else to say here, except that it just plain works like it should.

I'm sure one or two naysayers will be along shortly, so I'll mention this also: Yes, this is an authentic Innokin product, and not a clone, despite the $99 sale price. The instruction booklet had an Innokin security scratch-off, and I verified the serial # on Innokin's website. Cyber Monday, kids. This was a helluva deal.

SUMMARY

I'm thrilled with this product. I realize the looks of the 134 probably has limited appeal, but I love it. I'm trying to provide an honest review here, so I won't spend time gushing over it and telling everyone and their sister to go out and buy one. I think it's probably targeted towards people like me, who want something a little bit more without getting into coil rebuilding.

CONS: I'm not overly impressed with the finish on the power button. This is a stainless steel mod, but the button has a decal on it. It doesn't look bad, and it's not peeling off or anything...it's just that the rest of the mod looks so cool, the button looks blah in comparison. My only other complaint would be the weight. It's not cumbersome, but the 134 Mini is definitely not going to sit well in a shirt pocket.

9/10 - I would definitely recommend the 134 Mini to a friend, and it receives the Browncoat Seal of Approval:

tumblr_lmiuvm8KbL1qk2h0eo1_400.jpg

Last edited:

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Very nice first review!

And IMHO, Innokin has one recurring design problem.

They have not discovered that Aluminum is a perfectly acceptable material and can replace Stainless Steel.

And it weighs a LOT LESS than Stainless Steel!

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
I imagine it's a quality/durability choice.

Years ago, I worked in a metal fabricating shop and I machined both stainless and aluminum. Stainless is a pain in the ass to work with. It's a very hard metal, and machining it takes a lot more time. Aluminum is practically like working with butter compared to stainless steel.

Dropping an aluminum mod is probably going to leave dings, and scratch much more easily. But yeah, this thing would weigh half as much if it were aluminum.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I imagine it's a quality/durability choice.

Years ago, I worked in a metal fabricating shop and I machined both stainless and aluminum. Stainless is a pain in the ass to work with. It's a very hard metal, and machining it takes a lot more time. Aluminum is practically like working with butter compared to stainless steel.

Dropping an aluminum mod is probably going to leave dings, and scratch much more easily. But yeah, this thing would weigh half as much if it were aluminum.

And I am guessing by your user ID that you are a Firefly fan? Or do you just like brown coats?

VU Sponsors