Become a Patron!

RIP Chris Cornell

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
RIP Chris Cornell.

Posted my favorite album of his without Soundgarden on instagram this morning... Euphoria Morning from 1999. Found out today it was intended as Euphoria Mourning, and re-released in 2015 as such... I'm listening right now... the real title has a kinda eerily appropriate meaning right now...

So sad. He was an incredible musician. Singer, Guitarist, songwriter. My life was led by music, and mostly guitar from about 10 years old to my mid 20's, and I can say that old Soundgarden was a huge inspiration. My parents had to put up with my learning of songs like Outshined, Black Hole Sun, Spoonman, Pretty Noose and more getting butchered in my youth. That music really meant a lot to me at that time, and I still love it.

Thank you Chris Cornell... You are missed. I'm so sad for whatever pain he was in, and just hope he at least is at peace. I know I won't forget him. If only he could have reached out to a loved one, but pain takes people over at times. Just sad.

Swerved

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
RIP Chris Cornell.

Posted my favorite album of his without Soundgarden on instagram this morning... Euphoria Morning from 1999. Found out today it was intended as Euphoria Mourning, and re-released in 2015 as such... I'm listening right now... the real title has a kinda eerily appropriate meaning right now...

So sad. He was an incredible musician. Singer, Guitarist, songwriter. My life was led by music, and mostly guitar from about 10 years old to my mid 20's, and I can say that old Soundgarden was a huge inspiration. My parents had to put up with my learning of songs like Outshined, Black Hole Sun, Spoonman, Pretty Noose and more getting butchered in my youth. That music really meant a lot to me at that time, and I still love it.

Thank you Chris Cornell... You are missed. I'm so sad for whatever pain he was in, and just hope he at least is at peace. I know I won't forget him. If only he could have reached out to a loved one, but pain takes people over at times. Just sad.

Same here. I grew up in a family of musicians. My Dad has been playing music around here for 60+ years; somewhat of a local legend in these parts. So naturally I followed right along. I played piano before I could really walk good. Played cello all through school, and when I was a few years out of high school back in the mid 90's, got in a band with some people I grew up with and we went all over the country for about 15 years or so. Soundgarden, Nirvana, Alice in Chains, all of those bands were big at the time and that's the kind of stuff we were doing. Hell, the satellite radio in my car stays on Lithium most all the time. Soundgarden, Temple Of The Dog, etc.. that kind of stuff was always in my CD binder (before we could play USB drives or whatnot in our cars)... They were part of a special time for me.

Anyway, with regard to Chris Cornell, I hate it on so many levels. He was a hell of a musician and songwriter... Singing was just one of the things he did well. He will be missed on so many levels. Also I hate it for his family and kids... it's just terrible any way you look at it. May he rest in peace.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was really sad to hear this today, loved his music and he always seemed like a decent guy when I heard him in interviews.

RIP Chris and may God look over your wife and children

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors