Robert Pattinson Tried to Hide His Batman Audition from Christopher Nolan

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
The way production for both Christopher Nolan's Tenet and Matt Reeves' The Batman lined up, actor Robert Pattinson actually had to make up a story to get time away from the Tenet set so that he could go screen test for the role of Batman. Something which he tried to keep secret from Nolan. While chatting with The Irish Times, Pattinson admitted that his sneakiness didn't work and that Nolan, who was no stranger to the Caped Crusader, immediately figured it out. "It’s funny because Chris is so secretive about everything to do with his movies,” Pattinson said. “And then I had to be really secretive about Batman stuff. So I had to lie to Chris about having to go for a screen test – I said I had a family emergency. And as soon as I said ‘it’s a family emergency’ he said: ‘You’re doing the Batman addition, aren’t you?'” [widget path="global/article/imagegallery" parameters="albumSlug=the-robert-pattinson-movies-batman-fans-need-to-see&captions=true"] The Batman, which paused production due to COVID-19 last March, was one of several films that got cleared to resume shooting soon. A few weeks ago, it was announced that Warner Bros. had ordered a TV spinoff to The Batman - a prequel series focused on the members of the Gotham City Police Department that will be exclusive to HBO Max. Dave Bautista tried his best to win the role of Bane in the film, but he wound up not getting the gig. The Batman will be a part of DC's FanDome event on August 22. [ignvideo url="https://www.ign.com/videos/2020/08/07/dc-fandome-2020-talent-announcement"] [poilib element="accentDivider"] Matt Fowler is a writer for IGN and a member of the Television Critics Association. Follow him on Twitter at @TheMattFowler and Facebook at Facebook.com/MattBFowler.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors