Become a Patron!

round wire burnt taste

hello

im building a 22 gauge round wire and im getting a burnt taste after a couple of tokes

wire : 22 gauge nichrome master of clouds
wicking method : scottish roll

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
What are you building in? RTA/RDA or RDTA? Burned wick could be many things and it would be good to know what you are building in to be able to advise.

Welcome to VU.

What are you building in? RTA/RDA or RDTA? Burned wick could be many things and it would be good to know what you are building in to be able to advise.

Welcome to VU.
im buildin on a RDA goon 1.5
6 wraps and 5 wraps but it gives the same result

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Sounds like you might be wicking it too tight and the cotton is burning up. Are you vaping this on a mech mod or a regulated mod? I am assuming you are using cotton due to the roll method.

Sounds like you might be wicking it too tight and the cotton is burning up. Are you vaping this on a mech mod or a regulated mod? I am assuming you are using cotton due to the roll method.
im using a mech mod and japanese cotton im not getting a dry hit its the coils they have a burnt taste

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
have you replaced the coils and just dripped on the bare coils a few times to see if you get the same burnt taste? Can you show us some pictures? What you are describing sounds like a dry hit, or you are pushing too much power and the cotton is just burning up. Pieces of it can stay behind in the coil if that happens and if not burned off will taste like crap.

What ohms are you building at, what kind of batteries are you using?

have you replaced the coils and just dripped on the bare coils a few times to see if you get the same burnt taste? Can you show us some pictures? What you are describing sounds like a dry hit, or you are pushing too much power and the cotton is just burning up. Pieces of it can stay behind in the coil if that happens and if not burned off will taste like crap.

What ohms are you building at, what kind of batteries are you using?
batteries are sony vtc 5as mod noisy cricket number 2 ohms 0.13

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Series or parallel?

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
With that low of a build on a series mod you are likely burning up the cotton, whether you realize it or not. I would suggest wrapping some new coils, building the ohms up to a minimum of .20 and trying again.

Some juices themselves do not like being cooked that hot. From what I have experienced with low,hot builds; super sweet juices and juices with lots of dark flavorings do not do particularly well. They fall apart. Just my experience.

Most series mech mods recommend building no lower than .20 ohms. NC V2 is one of them. Safety first.

meloserj

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Sorry to interrupt your discussion bro, but do I understand correctly?!?!
Series means 8.4 volts with new fresh charged batteries on NC2.0. On 0.13 ohm, you will have 542W on 62 Amps!!!
Am I correct? Are you sure you are not on parallel? No battery can feed that amps and also 500 W makes me feel putting lava in my lungs

VU Sponsors