Roxy's Caramel Pear

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Thought I would begin sharing my original recipes. I do want to add a disclaimer that I've only been doing DIY for 4 months. I am not an expert. I also don't deal well with overly sweet juices, so you may find you want this sweeter.

Roxy's Caramel Pear- all TFA flavorings

5% Pear
7% Caramel Original
3% Sweet Cream
3% Graham Cracker clear
1% Brown Sugar extra
1% EM or Cotton Candy
2% Sweetener

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Thanks, been wondering what I could do with the Pear I have.
Gonna try it without the EM & Sweetener tho...

I vaped it for about 3 months without the sweetener. Now I'm trying it with it. I can live with or without it.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thought I would begin sharing my original recipes. I do want to add a disclaimer that I've only been doing DIY for 4 months. I am not an expert. I also don't deal well with overly sweet juices, so you may find you want this sweeter.

5% Pear
7% Caramel Original
3% Sweet Cream
3% Graham Cracker clear
1% Brown Sugar extra
1% EM or Cotton Candy
2% Sweetener
This is the only Pear flavored juice that I really like, it tastes like a real Pear. Your rescipe sounds good.
http://shop.vaperev.com/eliquid/nktr-by-sqn/pear-nktr.html

The price they charge is ridiculous, wish I had time to experiment with different flavors. Really tired of buying-trying-tossing.....:)

indian ocean steamcloud

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hi roxy.....your recipe sounds good in it's flavour profile, I think I'll mess about a little with it. I use a single coil dripper so i will probably knock those percentages WAY down and will also omit the cotton candy and sweetener. I have yet to find or make a recipe that I felt required either but i have them on hand in any case. Thanks for your post :)

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Ahh, pearamel was my next experiment. I don't have cream (first rule of DIY - I'm always short at least one ingredient) but have everything else. Might try it without the cream.

I've been snooping pear caramel recipes but hadn't settled on one yet. Might as well try yours

fratervapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
5% Pear
7% Caramel Original

At this very moment I'm vaping a pearamel with just those two ingredients and about those %s. I can't imagine going any sweeter; it's about at my limit.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

5% Pear
7% Caramel Original
3% Sweet Cream
3% Graham Cracker clear
1% Brown Sugar extra
1% EM or Cotton Candy
2% Sweetener

hm, no graham cracker either. Next order maybe. I need to go ahead and get some flavors of stuff I won't actually eat, lol. It might vape good

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
At this very moment I'm vaping a pearamel with just those two ingredients and about those %s. I can't imagine going any sweeter; it's about at my limit.

Really? I got some complaints from people who tried my juices that they aren't sweet enough.

DiamondsAndPearls

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Looks a good recipe roxynoodle pear and caramel work really well together I think

I find a light fresh non chemical tasting vanilla flavour works well with Pears in Caramel and I can get away with no sweetner. I personally use Medicine Flower Vanilla, but realise it is not widely available and not cost effective for everyone, but something like Inawera Shisha Vanilla or a Vanilla Bourbon in small quantities may work?

My Pears In Caramel Sauce recipe

Pear (Medicine Flower) 1.5%
Caramel (Medicine Flower) 0.75%
Vanilla (Medicine Flower) 0.5%
Milk & Honey (Flavorah) 2%
Brown Sugar Extra (TPA) 0.25% (1 drop per 10ml)

Steep for a minimum of 2 weeks

jambi

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Don't have the TFA Pear, and the TFA Pear Candy I have didn't seem suitable, so subbed in FA Pear at 3 % and skipped the sweetener. Also subbed CAP Sweet Cream because it's what I have. Been vaping it all week and it's great. Thanks for the recipe.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Finally made this up today, minus the EM & sweetener.

BTW what type of Amazon is that in your avitar?
We've got a Blue Front, and also had a Red Lored that passed recently as he was quite old when we got him.
Had both for over 30 yrs. tho.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Finally made this up today, minus the EM & sweetener.

BTW what type of Amazon is that in your avitar?
We've got a Blue Front, and also had a Red Lored that passed recently as he was quite old when we got him.
Had both for over 30 yrs. tho.

He's a Yellow Crown. Wild caught import in 1983 so I'll never know his real age. Their breeding season in the wild is about over this year so he's at least 33.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

A few days. I found very early it changes flavor profiles constantly. One puff the pear would be forward, and on the next it was the caramel.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
This one is a nice vape, and it seems to be sweet enough without the EM & Sweetener.
Probably due to the Brown Sugar, and I think the Pear also has some sweetness in it too.
Good Job:cheers:

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks, been wondering what I could do with the Pear I have.
Gonna try it without the EM & Sweetener tho...
TFA Pear and TFA Honeysuckle are made for each other. Anywhere from 4% each down to 2.5% Pear and 1% Honeysuckle. I like to add about 0.3% TFA Acai. It needs one more thing and never figured out what it was.

ETA - 4% TFA Pear and 1-2 drops per 10ml Coconut Extra is a pretty bomb combo. Plenty of room for another fruit in that mix too.

I also don't deal well with overly sweet juices, so you may find you want this sweeter.

1% EM or Cotton Candy
2% Sweetener

I bet this recipe would be crazy sweet to me. TFA Pear and Brown Sugar are both pretty sweet. Caramel and Sweet Cream aren't exactly tart either. Looks good though, thanks a lot for sharing! I haven't messed with Caramels very much but I bet it does pear well. Wait! Did I do a pun?!

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
TFA Pear and TFA Honeysuckle are made for each other. Anywhere from 4% each down to 2.5% Pear and 1% Honeysuckle. I like to add about 0.3% TFA Acai. It needs one more thing and never figured out what it was.

ETA - 4% TFA Pear and 1-2 drops per 10ml Coconut Extra is a pretty bomb combo. Plenty of room for another fruit in that mix too.

I bet this recipe would be crazy sweet to me. TFA Pear and Brown Sugar are both pretty sweet. Caramel and Sweet Cream aren't exactly tart either. Looks good though, thanks a lot for sharing! I haven't messed with Caramels very much but I bet it does pear well. Wait! Did I do a pun?!

I've always had the EM in it for a little body, but not the sweetener for the first 3 months. I only added that on my most recent batch because of a complaint that my juices aren't sweet enough. I'm glad to hear so many others here think it's not necessary.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Okay, I am vaping this awesome recipe right now - it is delicious

I skipped the cotton candy because I've found it overwhelming in other recipes - this is a very nice blend

VU Sponsors