Become a Patron!

RTA (above-ohm) that will work with my Smok Species?

Does such a thing exist? ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜„

I'm relatively new to vaping, but I would love to start above-ohm vaping because I want to switch to nic salt ejuice, as well as rebuilding to save money. My Smok Species came with a TFV8 Baby V2 tank. Can I rebuild this for above-ohm vaping, or are there any other RTAs that would work with my Species?

Thanks a bunch for any help you guys can give!

Eta: I also have a TFV12 Prince tank ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ˜…

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
..., And most RTA/RDTA, RDA with a standard 510 male connection will function adequately with your mod. The mod has a standardized 510 female connection. Incidentally, I think this coil assembly may function for an RBA (re-build-able) deck for your tanks.

Last edited:

Freyja

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
came with a TFV8 Baby V2 tank
I think this coil assembly may function for an RBA (re-build-able) deck for your tanks.
Pretty sure it's this one: https://www.elegomall.com/product/smok-v8-baby-rba.html?source=list
or are there any other RTAs that would work with my Species?
Any RTA should work if you build within the mod's range, ...
I would love to start above-ohm vaping
... just get one that says it's for MTL.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Echo @Freyja's recommendation to get an MTL RTA with a standard 510 connector (which almost all of them have). For pro-ohm vaping you generally want less airflow, and those Smok tanks you specify would be far too airy for me to vape above 1 ohm, even if you crank the external airflow ports way down. The air channels inside the tank are just too big and will blow too much air over your pro-ohm coil. For high-nic salt juice, you want to control the flow of juice, too, so that you don't make yourself sick. Too much nic in a short time will make you feel very bad.

I think a lot of people here in the forum have said good things about the Dvarw MTL RTAs, but of the few that I own personally, the Vandy Vape Berserker Mini RTA has always been my favorite. There's another MTL RTA that's very popular, but dang if I can think of the name of it right now. @gsmit1 has one and can probably name it right off. Starts with an "A." Oh, and there's also the Kayfun line, if you want to spend some serious money. An authentic Dvarw isn't cheap, either, but from Fasttech you can get clones of both the Kayfun and the Dvarw. Just takes a while to get to the States.

VU Sponsors