Become a Patron!

RTA for new builder

Ive just started building since I won an RDA. The trouble is, I prefer a tank to dripping. What's a good, inexpensive, RTA that's easy to build on. Other info, I vape MTLand prefer flavor to cloud.

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Can't say personally, have one on the way, but some seem to really like the Tornado Nano.

I can say that the Limitless and Limitless Plus are outstanding for flavor, and easy to build.

Mtl tank is a little tougher call. My favs are the Ubertoot, and Kayfun 3.1. Not so easy to build and wick though.

essdub

Member For 3 Years
I just started building too, so I've been experimenting with a few things. I have a handful of other rdas coming, but so far I've done a couple. uploadfromtaptalk1469379394569.jpguploadfromtaptalk1469379420339.jpg The deck on my drip box 160 is easy to build on but I don't like it due to airflow.
The rage rda/rdta is easy to build and you can do a tank with vertical coils or build it as rda .
The limitless is my favorite so far. It's easy to build on and hasn't leaked on me. .. yet.
The coils I've done so far were pretty easy, but I'm still not consistent with wicking. I'm getting better though. Hope my beginner input helps.
Here's a handful of pics of the three different ones. The Clapton coils are pre made, but the kanthals I wrapped and the stainless ones I wrapped. uploadfromtaptalk1469379229948.jpguploadfromtaptalk1469379253078.jpguploadfromtaptalk1469379289832.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1469379095958.jpg

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I like the Boreas first then the avocado. My favorite is the Aromamizer Supreme (25mm).

xJoseph

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Griffin,Avocado,Limitless and Limitless plus,Smok TFV4 or 8,Goblin mini,Moonshot
These are pretty much my favs

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Is there more than one Merlin RTA? The one I found is by Augvape and looks a lot like my Herakles RTA-2 which is not very good for MTL.

Thanks,
Chris
No, just one Merlin. It's not a super tight MTL vape. I'm a MTL vaper, but I do like a more airy draw. The draw was great for me. Flavor was outstanding!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
ETA, the first round of them had round JFC holes. Round 2, were more oblong.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Is there more than one Merlin RTA? The one I found is by Augvape and looks a lot like my Herakles RTA-2 which is not very good for MTL.

Thanks,
Chris
Good question. Yes the Merlin is indeed by Augvape. In the later run of it they widened the juice holes to where they look more oval than round. The reason it's a good mtl tank is that it comes with a restrictor pin pre installed that is removable. I would say with the pin installed and the airflow wide open its a little more restrictive than a STM. Close with the pin in and it can get pretty tight in IMO.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
If you have time can you give the specs for the coils you use? Type, material, diameter, turns and ohm?
I'm a wimpy builder.
Kanthal, 28g, 3mm ID (in the Merlin tank) 2.5mm (anything smaller than Merlin), plain old simple old single coil, 6 wraps, a little over 1 ohm.
Wimpy :D

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm a wimpy builder.
Kanthal, 28g, 3mm ID (in the Merlin tank) 2.5mm (anything smaller than Merlin), plain old simple old single coil, 6 wraps, a little over 1 ohm.
Not wimpy, it's the coil that keeps you off cigs. That's the important thing.

BTW RP said hi and sends love. I got the impression she didn't want to wander this way...

ResIpsa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm a wimpy builder.

Thank you for the info. I can't build anything more complicated anyway since I'm just starting out. :)

Chris

VU Sponsors