Become a Patron!

Rta's with small bore

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I know my wife as asked but I am looking to change from a premade coil to a rebuildable deck with at least two coils. I also need a small bore mouth piece. I have tried the large mouth ones and don't like them.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
have you got preferences on height LS? Picked up a nice Teflon one on fastech that’s narrow ...insulates heat really well, nice and soft on the lips and doesn’t get crusted up

9D42ED92-8D20-44E2-8122-D947EB2C8EB4.jpeg
8346DB3E-3E9C-487D-9B5E-B3687C94A3A9.jpeg

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I know my wife as asked but I am looking to change from a premade coil to a rebuildable deck with at least two coils. I also need a small bore mouth piece. I have tried the large mouth ones and don't like them.
So your looking for a dual coil RTA, and a small bore tip,,,, like, 510 drip tip?

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It looks like they took away hubby's account and merged it with mine here.

He seems to be resolved to finding tanks and coils just like he is currently using. If it ain't the Innokin i16, he ain't interested.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Sure seems like most small bore (read, MTL) RTAs are only going to accommodate one coil. Sure seems like.

Two coils generate an awful lot of heat to be funnelled down into that small stream of (scalding NUCLEAR hot) vapor.

Hi Phil and Sarah! :)

2CAWKS

Bronze Contributor
ECF Refugee
I would recommend the Zeus dual RTA by Geekvape. The actual drip tip isn't very small, but it is a 510 tip, so it shouldn't be too hard to find an aftermarket tip that you're comfortable with. Hope this helps.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Sure seems like most small bore (read, MTL) RTAs are only going to accommodate one coil. Sure seems like.

Two coils generate an awful lot of heat to be funnelled down into that small stream of (scalding NUCLEAR hot) vapor.
Not necessarily. Depends on how you build 'em. Most of my old RDAs and all of my old RTAs are dual-coil and nearly all of them have 510 drip tips. And 510 drip tip doesn't necessarily mean MTL, either. I've always DTL'd everything except my old low-power (sub 40W) clearomizers that used juices with a high amount of PG because the tiny coils couldn't handle high-VG liquids.

OP: Either the recommended Geek Vape Zeus RTA or a Augvape Intake RTA might suit.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Not necessarily. Depends on how you build 'em. Most of my old RDAs and all of my old RTAs are dual-coil and nearly all of them have 510 drip tips. And 510 drip tip doesn't necessarily mean MTL, either. I've always DTL'd everything except my old low-power (sub 40W) clearomizers that used juices with a high amount of PG because the tiny coils couldn't handle high-VG liquids.

OP: Either the recommended Geek Vape Zeus RTA or a Augvape Intake RTA might suit.

Have you taken a look at the Innokin i16? It's an MTL clearomizer. Between 1.5 and 2.1 ohms. I doubt Phil wants to move from that to a dual coil Zeus. He's more likely to make a successful transition to a single coil Berserker or something similar.

Oh and the three Zeus RTAs I have all came with 810 drip tips.

Last edited:

2CAWKS

Bronze Contributor
ECF Refugee
I doubt Phil wants to move from that to a dual coil Zeus. He's more likely to make a successful transition to a single coil Berseker or something similar.

Oh and the three Zeus RTAs I have all came with 810 drip tips.

Op asked for suggestions on a "rebuildable deck with at least two coils". I don't know tons about RTA's, as I'm still learning, but the Zeus dual is that. As I said the actual drip tip on the Zeus dual isn't "small bore" but the hole the drip rid pops in to is a 510. Which is why I suggested looking at aftermarket tips. I'm sure there are other RTA's that would fit what op is looking for, this is one that I know about so I figured I'd offer a suggestion.

Edited to clarify which Zeus

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I apologize to both of you if I came off as bitchy. Just been a hard day.

@2CAWKS the airflow coming all the way through an RTA makes a difference if a person wants a small bore RTA. They want tight airflow all the way through, more than likely, not just at the drip tip.

I really think Phil probably specified dual coil because the clearo he's using is dual coil. But it's probably dual 40ga teeny-tiny coils in that clearo, not the same animal as what you'd put in an RTA you build yourself. Good MTL vape for him can most definitely be single coil.

@vuJim thank you, I do know the difference, have two of the three types of Zeus RTAs myself, have an Intake, have seen the announcement of the Intake Dual. I do what I can to keep up these days.

VU Sponsors