Become a Patron!

Rucurve RDA + Ijust S dual coil problem

Hello guys, im quite new in rda world, im im using set from the title and i have a problem building dual coil system. I know that ijust s battery's ohm capacity starts from 0.15 and i've bought vandy vape fused clapton coil 0.43ohm, to use two at the time and make it 0.21,5. But it still doesnt work. Any ideas why? This base works perfectly when only one coil is installed, i've also tried clapton helix coil 0.3ohm and it also works only with one coil installed.

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Depending on the alloy used, you may have to pulse the coil a few times to get it to its intended resistance. I know this is true with kanthal and nichrome coils. Try installing one and pulse a few times, then install the other and pulse. Unless the stated resistance of the coils is incorrect, this should help.

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Also check the specs on how low your mod will fire in regards to ohms.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Also check the specs on how low your mod will fire in regards to ohms.

I concur, there are still mods which will not fire below 0.20. Maybe some not below 0.30. This is a built in "safety" feature.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I run single coil RDAs on both of my iJust S batteries. Ohms are at about 0.2.

Depending on the alloy used, you may have to pulse the coil a few times to get it to its intended resistance. I know this is true with kanthal and nichrome coils. Try installing one and pulse a few times, then install the other and pulse. Unless the stated resistance of the coils is incorrect, this should help.
It even worked, until i installed cotton, when i did it they started to flashing light in the place where they touched, tried to separate them and it didnt work at all, i guess i will use just one or buy better battery, unless you have a solution for this.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It even worked, until i installed cotton, when i did it they started to flashing light in the place where they touched, tried to separate them and it didnt work at all, i guess i will use just one or buy better battery, unless you have a solution for this.

Flashing light is Arcing and something is shorting out.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
i've bought vandy vape fused clapton coil 0.43ohm, to use two at the time and make it 0.21,5
Have you checked the resistance on another mod, or meter?
Have you tried firing it with the cap on the rda..before wick?
Have you charged the battery all the way before trying w/2 coils? You'd think fully charged it would have 4-4.2V and have the advertised 3000Mah but there's no way to verify. And the unregulated chip is only a couple safety features so as you use it the less power it will deliver - unlike a regulated that gives constant wattage. Could be it doesn't have enough power to push 2 coils, and that that .15 they list is for their coil heads.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I have a Bonza RDA and a Rebel Recoil that both read 0.14 ohms on my eLeaf iStick Rim C.

The iJust S will fire the Rebel Recoil, but it will not fire the Bonza. The white light behind the firing button just blinks. It has plenty of power to fire the Rebel Recoil, though, and provides a good vape. Not wimpy at all.

Both RDAs fire just fine on the respective tube mods I keep them on normally.

If OP's build is +- 0.02 ohms from the device's limit of 0.15, it seems that it's touch and go. I'd head for closer to 0.2 ohms and test it on a regulated mod for sure - sometimes the resistance that wire and/or coils are advertised to be is just a ballpark number, and you have to go by what they actually read on a reliable, working regulated device.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I have an RTA that I run a triple build and it lands at .15 but I wouldn't expect a mod like that to fire it, even if it were true to the .15.

Esp if it's the only mod you have, get another 1 or 2 or more and alleviate 'not firing' for your vaping needs. Regulated (watts), unregulated (voltage) - which is like a mech but has the safety chip that keeps it from being a mechanical mod.
There's Variable Voltage, where you can set the voltage.
Mech if you want - for if/when you have a full understanding of how to safely use one.

VU Sponsors