Become a Patron!

Rum and Oak

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I'll give that one a try, once I have the grapefruit. Why is it that most of the time you're missing just one ingredient?

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This looks good except the pineapple part...I just don't like it. I might try it w/o and possibly add a sweet flavor other than pineapple. Thoughts on that, Shaner?

Shaner

Member For 4 Years
This looks good except the pineapple part...I just don't like it. I might try it w/o and possibly add a sweet flavor other than pineapple. Thoughts on that, Shaner?
That's a bummer ya don't like the pineapple, I love it! Goes great with the coconut :)
Is it just the FA Pineapple ya don't like or just don't like pineapple all together?
If it's just the FA then I would sub for another brand but I think the recipe would still be good without it, or maybe try adding a little Lime Tahity Cold Pressed or Papaya ... Yummy :)

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
That's a bummer ya don't like the pineapple, I love it! Goes great with the coconut :)
Is it just the FA Pineapple ya don't like or just don't like pineapple all together?
If it's just the FA then I would sub for another brand but I think the recipe would still be good without it, or maybe try adding a little Lime Tahity Cold Pressed or Papaya ... Yummy :)
I'm thinking more of Mango, or Passionfruit.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Looks to be an interesting combo, gonna have to try this one out.

I'd almost suspect the Grapefruit is gonna knock the Pineapple for a loop.
Maybe they blend together so the Pineapple may not be as prominent.
Or you could just lower the Pineapple down a bit.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well Shaner, I am going to mix it up w/o pineapple and taste it. Then I will put a 2ml. Of this mix in a separate bottle and a drop of pineapple and taste it. I will dare to do it.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't I remember pineapple in one of your recipes? Waldorf Wizard, right?... had like 37 flavorings???
I mixed that up and it was goood! :)

I've got 4 different P/As and they are all sooo different. I'm still in the research phase w/ those...
Gonna add FA Amber next.
I did indeed. And only like 6 flavors. It was a recipe of my mom's and did taste like it. I also made up coconut woos Pineapple due to Caddisfly. Pineapple is just too sweet to me to vape...even eating pineapple I shy away from. To me even .25% FA Pineapple is strong. But I shall give her another go even if Haze is too chicken. Oh yeah and no cutting back any percentages Mr. Haze!!

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oh yeah? Well then, fine Sir, I hereby challenge you to a vape dual! Which one of us can vape through 12 ml. of Rum and Oak first? I wonder how your heart burn will fare? Do you accept or are you too chicken?
Game On!!!:eek:

I accept said challenge and in fact, you are already behind as I mixed this up last night and am already through at least 5ml of it!

SnickDawg.gif

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have you tried FA Amber?... as a means of changing that sweetness?
I haven't used mine yet... I'm hinting around here for someone to comment....

and it was 7 flavorings!
neener.gif
Not with pineapple. Hinting for someone to comment on what? Let's pretend I am SLOW and blonde. Explain in such a language please.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey Shaner, I braved it and made 12 ml. as posted and I have decided pineapple and I are not friends over here. I guess some people just don't like certain flavors. FA pineapple does taste like an extremely ripe sweet pineapple, but for some reason I just don't like it. I do like you though Shaner and everything you've posted w/o pineapple that I have tried. That pineapple just makes me sick to my stomach. So, I love all the other ingredients, thus am mixing up a batch w/o pineapple.

Shaner

Member For 4 Years
Hey Shaner, I braved it and made 12 ml. as posted and I have decided pineapple and I are not friends over here. I guess some people just don't like certain flavors. FA pineapple does taste like an extremely ripe sweet pineapple, but for some reason I just don't like it. I do like you though Shaner and everything you've posted w/o pineapple that I have tried. That pineapple just makes me sick to my stomach. So, I love all the other ingredients, thus am mixing up a batch w/o pineapple.

That's a bummer but thanks for trying it and you too, NGAHaze! I need to mix this one up again and refresh my memory of how it tastes.

Like I said above, I love the pineapple flavor, and use it in a lot of my mixes ... I've got about 25 recipes with pineapple in it so far ... lol. I mix for some of the guys at work and they are the same way, some love it, some hate it .. seems to be about an even split. Same goes with the grapefruit, which I also love.

Please let me know how the recipe tastes without it.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Awww, Shaner you are so sweet. I will definitely let you know. At least I found out that pineapple is simply not for me.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes but you were at least born a girl.
As men, we also learn the hard way, but it usually takes 7 or 8 tries. :(
I may be a female, but also almost full-blooded German and stubbornness tends to run in our genes. So it takes me a few tries myself.;). Makes life interesting.:D

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Join the FA pineapple haters club. I cant stand it either. I like caps golden pineapple, and tfa's pineapple, but FA's is weird and it just doesnt agree with me.

VU Sponsors