Become a Patron!

Rum Custard

GordonOliver

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Been diy for only a couple of weeks (with some trial and error), and finally came up with this

FA Vanilla Custard 4%
FA Bavarian Cream 2%
FA French Vanilla 3%
FA Cake Batter 4%
FA Jamacian Rum 2%
FA Super Sweet 1%
I make this at 70/30 vg-pg with 3mg Nic, crock pot for 1hr and leave for 7 days, it's quite a stunningly smooth vape but some may find it a little sweet, but the vape trail is lovely.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sounds tasty. Need to get these flavours so I can make this.

I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

jambi

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Can you please link to a source for FA Vanilla Custard. 2nd time I've seen it posted and none of my vendors have such a product.

Or maybe...

You're referring to FA Custard (no "Vanilla" in title)?

You're using FA as an abbreviation for something other than Flavour Art. Flavor Apprentice maybe?

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Perhaps the OP is referring to TFA? Unless it's in the UK, I don't believe FlavourArt has a French vanilla either. But this sounds good!

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Been diy for only a couple of weeks (with some trial and error), and finally came up with this

FA Vanilla Custard 4%
FA Bavarian Cream 2%
FA French Vanilla 3%
FA Cake Batter 4%
FA Jamacian Rum 2%
FA Super Sweet 1%
I make this at 70/30 vg-pg with 3mg Nic, crock pot for 1hr and leave for 7 days, it's quite a stunningly smooth vape but some may find it a little sweet, but the vape trail is lovely.
I'm confused. FlavorArt UK makes a bavarian cream and a cake batter - and a super sweet and french vanilla? Are you sure you're not mixing up FA with TFA (the Flavor Apprentice)?

amanda.brock

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm confused. FlavorArt UK makes a bavarian cream and a cake batter - and a super sweet and french vanilla? Are you sure you're not mixing up FA with TFA (the Flavor Apprentice)?
I've not seen any of these FA flavours and I'm from the UK

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Do you bottles have a large FA on them or do they actually have Flavour Art spelled out? Flavor Apprentice changed their bottles not long ago and it can be confusing. Also, with the link you gave, I didn't see any VANILLA Custard, Bavarian Cream, Cake Batter or anything like that under that Flavour Art link. I'm thinking the cake batter is probably Capellas as well since I don't recall TFA or Flavour Art offering that one.

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I can see where he thought the TFA stuff was FA though. I think they put that big FA on the bottle just to confuse people...LOL But on the link he gave...I had to go into "Perfumer's Apprentice" and Capella tabs to get to most of those flavors.

jambi

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I can see where he thought the TFA stuff was FA though. I think they put that big FA on the bottle just to confuse people...LOL But on the link he gave...I had to go into "Perfumer's Apprentice" and Capella tabs to get to most of those flavors.
Yep, totally confusing. Looks like a great recipe though, worth tracking down the flaves. I already have everything except the Jamaican Rum. Now I only need to decide whether to buy FW or FA. :)

Last edited:

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'd probably go FA. Haven't tried the other one..but it's been good in every recipe I've tried it in.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Do you bottles have a large FA on them or do they actually have Flavour Art spelled out? Flavor Apprentice changed their bottles not long ago and it can be confusing. Also, with the link you gave, I didn't see any VANILLA Custard, Bavarian Cream, Cake Batter or anything like that under that Flavour Art link. I'm thinking the cake batter is probably Capellas as well since I don't recall TFA or Flavour Art offering that one.

http://vapable.com/product/vanilla-custard-flavour-art-concentrate-10ml/

Found the Nilla Custard at least.

Oh and yes, I saw Rum & had to look. :)

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hmm..but if you read the reviews, one of the people said that it's "lemony". Strange. Maybe @HeadInClouds could let us know if this new vanilla custard by FA is officially a "thing"??? Maybe it's been talked about on other threads but I haven't been around much lately. Last "craze" I saw was for Nonna Cake and I still haven't gotten that one yet.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmm..but if you read the reviews, one of the people said that it's "lemony". Strange. Maybe @HeadInClouds could let us know if this new vanilla custard by FA is officially a "thing"??? Maybe it's been talked about on other threads but I haven't been around much lately. Last "craze" I saw was for Nonna Cake and I still haven't gotten that one yet.
I haven't gotten Nonna Cake yet either. My next flavours in getting are for a coffee recipe though. I love coffee vape when done right

I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

jambi

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I saw that review. Sounds suspiciously like what we know as simply FA Custard.

Still totally confused about it though...there is nothing called Vanilla Custard on FA's website. Maybe that UK site has some flavor or other of theirs misnamed?

BCV has Nonna's Cake.

lownote2

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have some TFA or flavors apprentice, whichever flavors that have a big FA on the bottle. I'm wondering if that's what's meant as well. Haven't seen flavourart have some of these. Still be a fun recipe to try though. As usual though whenever a recipe peaks my interest I'm short a flavor or two. Just when you think you've got plenty of flavors.....

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Still totally confused about it though..

Flavour Art UK has a bunch of Flavour Art flavors all their own..

Like ...
Custard Pi Flavour Art Concentrate
SNEAKY DRAG FLAVOUR ART
or
BOUNTIFUL FLAVOUR ART ...and a bunch more

Ron
---
"Goldie, how many times have I told you guys that I don't want no horsing around on the airplane?"-Major T. J. "King" Kong (Dr. Strangelove)

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I seem to remember that Custard is the same as Vanilla Custard. And yes, it has a lemony taste - it's a European custard, not like the custard in the US.

jambi

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The Word, from Bull City Vapor CS.

"I've heard they have been working on a DAP free vanilla custard for a little while but we haven't gotten any in yet. The FA custard we have is NOT a "Vanilla" custard. They were slower to release Nonna Cake in the US market and may be doing that again but as soon as it becomes available here we will definitely be picking it up."

So apparently, according to BCV, it exists...it's coming, and if it's as good as FA typically is it'll probably knock all the CAP custard fanboys onto their ear. :) Thank you @GordonOliver for posting this recipe.

Now, back to that Jamaican Rum....

Last edited:

Willbo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Flavour Art UK has a bunch of Flavour Art flavors all their own..

Like ...
Custard Pi Flavour Art Concentrate
SNEAKY DRAG FLAVOUR ART
or
BOUNTIFUL FLAVOUR ART ...and a bunch more

Ron
---
"Goldie, how many times have I told you guys that I don't want no horsing around on the airplane?"-Major T. J. "King" Kong (Dr. Strangelove)

These are the UK sites own recipe mixes. They even have the recipes for some of them listed such as cream tea which is just strawberry, cookie and fresh cream.

As far as I am aware there is NO vanilla custard, not on the UK sites website, which would obviously have it before an outside vendor, they are just renaming the juice as far as I can see. If you look at the first review under in that link it says tastes like lemon buns, so no doubt to me it is just FA Custard

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Maybe @HeadInClouds could let us know if this new vanilla custard by FA is officially a "thing"??? Maybe it's been talked about on other threads but I haven't been around much lately. Last "craze" I saw was for Nonna Cake and I still haven't gotten that one yet.

FA's UK branch sells some premixed FA flavors, and since that's a UK store and says it's in the original packaging, I believe that's one of them. You could confirm with them; I've never bought anything there. Nonna's Cake is a new FA flavor available everywhere - no connection to that.

VU Sponsors