Ryan Reynolds Trolls DC Fans With a Green Lantern Cameo in the Snyder Cut

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Ryan Reynolds continued his years-long mockery of his Green Lantern movie by posting a new social media video that not only re-edits the notorious 2011 flop but also manages to poke fun at Snyder Cut fans, Dwayne Johnson, and even Tom Cruise. "I’m not playing Hawkman in Black Adam. Although I generally do whatever the hell @TheRock tells me to do," Reynolds posted Tuesday, tagging Johnson, who is his co-star in Hobbs & Shaw and the upcoming Netflix action film Red Notice. (Johnson, as IGN audiences should know, will play Shazam nemesis Black Adam in an upcoming film about the DC Comics antihero.) [widget path="global/article/imagegallery" parameters="albumSlug=dc-extended-universe-every-upcoming-movie&captions=true"] Reynolds continued, "I would however love to be in Zack Snyder’s Justice League movie and I’ve heard I may already be in it? [HASH=430]#SnyderCut[/HASH]" The Deadpool star then posted a followup message proclaiming, "Here’s the secret Reynolds Cut of GL you all haven’t been waiting for. In order to make it as great as possible we made some judicious cuts." The attached video shows footage of Reynolds' "death scene" from Deadpool, a wildly cut down version of 2011's Green Lantern, a quick glimpse of Tom Cruise in Top Gun, and finally Reynolds' Hal Jordan inserted into the ending of 2017's Justice League.
Here’s the secret Reynolds Cut of GL you all haven’t been waiting for. In order to make it as great as possible we made some judicious cuts. pic.twitter.com/B2tUelctr8

— Ryan Reynolds (@VancityReynolds) August 4, 2020
While Reynolds' Green Lantern won't really be in The Snyder Cut, which will debut on HBO Max next year, that doesn't mean fans have seen the last of the Emerald Knight in live-action. HBO Max is developing a Green Lantern series that will boast "cinematic production values" and will feature the ring slinger's archenemy Sinestro. And for more on Zack Snyder's Justice League, watch this clip of Henry Cavill's Superman in his black costume, read why Zack Snyder refuses to use a "single frame" of Joss Whedon footage in The Snyder Cut, and learn why The Snyder Cut is not part of the DCEU. [ignvideo url="https://www.ign.com/videos/zack-snyder-reveals-henry-cavill-in-snyder-cut-black-superman-suit-clip"]

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors