Become a Patron!

Sailor Moon Crystal: "Crystal Tokyo, King Endymion" Review

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
This week’s Sailor Moon: Crystal was dedicated almost entirely to story exposition, which was great because things are FINALLY starting to make sense.

We now know how everything in the 30th century ended up as a big pile of rubble (a giant explosion, plus a nefarious black crystal!), though we still don’t know how Chibiusa managed to survive this cataclysmic event. Or how the Black Moon Clan ties into it. What is clear is that whatever happened, it's gnawing away at Chibiusa's conscience.

Now, I don't much care for "Small Lady" (by her father's own admission she's spoiled and rude), but I could feel her internal struggle as King Endymion recounted the blast that took out all of Crystal Tokyo. Chibiusa clearly knows what really happened, but is too afraid to speak up. That makes me more sympathetic towards her. Especially since I remember what it was like to worry about getting yelled at by adults whenever I thought I'd done something wrong as a kid. Of course, that sympathy may evaporate once I learn what she's done; her confession to Pluto that she's "not honest" was rather...telling. So too was her determination to bring Sailor Moon to the future, which is beginning to look more like recompense than heroism.

Continue reading…

Continue reading...

VU Sponsors