Become a Patron!

salt nic question

cmccarthy7128

Member For 3 Years
VU Patreon
I have a Smok Mico that I use for salt nic juice. I don't get enough out of it. I want an experience similar to the one I get using my box mods and sub ohm tanks. Is there a coil I can purchase to use with salt nic juice? Otherwise can anyone offer a solution. I heard that I could use the VOOPOO drag x for them. I am trying to avoid an additional equipment purchase if possible.

Thanks

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Buy 3mg or 6mg salt Nic juice and vape it in your sub Ohm tanks.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Perhaps I was not clear. I want to be able to use 35 or 50 mg juice

Accordingly to discussion here, you can use 30 to 50mg salts the same as 30 to 50mg freebase. Will admit I do not know myself, as I only vape 18 mg freebase. The discussion there seems to contend freebase strength and salt strength are the same, and it seems logical.

As was put there,
...nicotine is nicotine.

Ah, please do everyone a favor too. Keep the chip on your shoulder, on your own shoulder. There was no need for you to be condescending when you forgot to mention the strength you desired in your first post. Here's a reminder or two.

I have a Smok Mico that I use for salt nic juice. I don't get enough out of it. I want an experience similar to the one I get using my box mods and sub ohm tanks. Is there a coil I can purchase to use with salt nic juice? Otherwise can anyone offer a solution. I heard that I could use the VOOPOO drag x for them. I am trying to avoid an additional equipment purchase if possible.

Thanks

Remember the human, is a good rule to help us all remain civil and not start wars needlessly. Some more advice can be found in the core rules. Sorry if you had or are having a bad day. That happens even to the best of us. The better of us try to not let it bleed out on others, or be garbage trucks dumping on others. Hope it goes better for you.

Last edited:

cmccarthy7128

Member For 3 Years
VU Patreon
If you are referring to me, I don't know why you think that I have a chip on my shoulder. I didn't mean to be rude or condescending.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It sounds to me friend like you need to do some experimentation. You're not looking for a specific milligram number per se. You're looking for a satisfying experience that you believe that milligram number will give you. Salts may not even be the best answer for you at all. But maybe they will.

You might want to take some juice you and grab a 120ML BOTTLE of 100mg salts and drizzle some into that juice a little at a time until you find what you like.

OR, simply a higher strength freebase vape might be better for you. Like I say. I don't think you're going to find what you like best without trying some things.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
The point I was initially trying to make is that it isn't a good idea to vape high-nicotine salts in sub-ohm tanks. You ingest entirely too much nicotine that way and can get very sick.

I don't know of any devices designed specifically for salt nic that give the vaping experience of sub-ohm tanks or DTL RTAs/RDAs. If what you want is that voluminous vapor and big flavor experience, the amount of nicotine in your liquid needs to be reduced.

And as @gsmit1 said, with sub-ohm tanks you could very well end up with a more pleasant vaping experience by using freebase nic rather than salts.

What you shouldn't do, at least in my opinion, is put 35mg or 50mg salt nic into a sub-ohm tank and vape it at 75 watts or more. The two just aren't safe to use together. In my own experience, just vaping at high watts with my 6mg freebase nicotine, I can get a head rush and tachycardia, and I really should reduce my nic level to 3mg.

And apparently somewhere along the way, as MMM quoted, the OP made the statement "nicotine is nicotine," which just shows the lack of understanding that precipitated the question in the first place. The reason freebase nicotine is treated to make salts is so that when vaping 50mg nicotine, those salts don't trash a person's throat, whereas freebase nic would. But salts can still make you sick as a dog if you take in too much, too quickly.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What you shouldn't do, at least in my opinion, is put 35mg or 50mg salt nic into a sub-ohm tank and vape it at 75 watts or more.
No. You most assuredly don't wanna do that.

WAAAY back when I first started and was still using subohm tanks I used to mix a little salts in with my regular juice in the tank. I put the juice in first then a few drops of 100mg salts and mixed it around.

One time I was really in a hurry and without thinking I put the salts in first in an almost empty tank. I caught it after I had already done it, but figured it would be alright.

Well, the salts soaked into the cotton by the time I got the regular juice in there and that first hit almost decapitated me. Choking gasping gagging coughing, eye watering head pounding nausea. Bad idea. Don't do that.

That's why I suggested a "drizzle" at a time in the bottle just to try.

I know how to mix it and it works fine. I'd guess my dtl setups are 10-12mg overall between the freebase in the commercial juice and the salts I add myself. This guy sounds like he has a high tolerance like I do.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
The point I was initially trying to make is that it isn't a good idea to vape high-nicotine salts in sub-ohm tanks. You ingest entirely too much nicotine that way and can get very sick.
I haven't done nic salts but when I was vaping 18mg I took 4-5 huge hits before I went to bed. I got nic poisoning and was up for 4 hours vomiting, sweating, heaving and shaking profusely. I felt as though I had food poisoning again. Yeah. It was really bad.

cmccarthy7128

Member For 3 Years
VU Patreon
I haven't done nic salts but when I was vaping 18mg I took 4-5 huge hits before I went to bed. I got nic poisoning and was up for 4 hours vomiting, sweating, heaving and shaking profusely. I felt as though I had food poisoning again. Yeah. It was really bad.
I don't want that to happen.when I use the Smok Mico I get the nicotine I want I was just curious if I could get the same thing with perhaps some more Vapors and clouds.ni also wanted to apologize again as someone in this thread got offended by me and I didn't intend to offend anyone

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't want that to happen.when I use the Smok Mico I get the nicotine I want I was just curious if I could get the same thing with perhaps some more Vapors and clouds.ni also wanted to apologize again as someone in this thread got offended by me and I didn't intend to offend anyone
No you can't get that same vapor production from a small all in one device that you can from a high powered box mod and a tank. That's scientifically impossible.

If you want more vapor, you'll need to get a setup that produces more vapor. Many of us around here have different setups for different occasions and uses. It sounds like that's what you need :)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And apparently somewhere along the way, as MMM quoted, the OP made the statement "nicotine is nicotine," which just shows the lack of understanding that precipitated the question in the first place.

No that was from over on ECF. To me at the time it read as sounding okay. Now, I see there's a difference.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
There is a specific reason for not sub ohming with high strength nic salt.

Nic salt is often a mixture of benzoic acid and freebase nicotine.
benzoic acid is very bad at high heat levels.

This is why Juul is a temperature controlled device.
They don't allow the temp of the pod to get high enough for the benzoic acid to be dangerous.

A sub ohm tank could burn the benzoic acid.
You'll notice on every bottle of high strength nic salt there is a warning to not use it for sub ohming.

I have seen "Sub Ohm Nic Salt" eliquids on the market in 3mg/ml and 6mg/ml
I bet they aren't using benzoic acid as their salt base.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Nic salt is often a mixture of benzoic acid and freebase nicotine.
benzoic acid is very bad at high heat levels.

From the reading I did there, wouldn't suggest using it with citrus flavorings either. Ascorbic acid can mix with it and create benzene, which is a carcinogen.

While the FDA considers it GRAS for use I'm sure my Pap's words hold fast.

"You can get too much of any good thing and then, it's a bad thing."

He told me that as I threatened to eat a whole Dutch apple pie. One pie and a belly ache later I learned his words held wisdom.

I think you should buy a setup that produces more vapor. As for me, I have about 10 different setups. It'll solve your problem

No you can't get that same vapor production from a small all in one device that you can from a high powered box mod and a tank. That's scientifically impossible.

If you want more vapor, you'll need to get a setup that produces more vapor. Many of us around here have different setups for different occasions and uses. It sounds like that's what you need :)
Totally agree with you

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Your current gear and your capability to vape high level nic salts is only limited by your body's ability to vape it. I would start lower wattage and higher ohms. Probably reduce the air flow as well. I occasionally vape 30mg nic salt in my regular sub ohm gear. It takes a few pills and a bit of coughing at first but it passes and becomes enjoyable soon. Just my opinion and experience.

VU Sponsors