Sam Raimi Voices His Appreciation For Spider-Man: No Way Home's Doc Ock

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Sam Raimi is showing his support for Alfred Molina's Doc Ock appearing in Spider-Man: No Way Home. Molina's beloved interpretation of the character originates from the movie Spider-Man 2, which was released in 2004 and directed by Raimi. When asked about the return of his classic villain by SYFY WIRE, Raimi praised the new movie's animation.

"That was beautiful," Raimi said. "He looks great, the animation’s great. I’m assuming it’s not puppeted because when we did Doc Ock, we had puppets and animation for his octopus tentacles. But it was smooth and powerful and I loved his costume they kept [from the original]. I think it’s gonna be a great movie."

Spider-Man: No Way Home is scheduled to hit theaters in December and is directed by Jon Watts. Raimi returned to Marvel as the director of Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, which hits theaters in March 2022. It's Raimi's fourth movie based on Marvel comics after the three Spider-Man movies starring Tobey Maguire.

When asked by SYFY WIRE if he could reveal any Doctor Strange 2 details, Raimi had to be tight-lipped. "They won’t let me say anything," Raimi said. "I guess not... I’m sorry."

It's a good time to be a Spider-Man fan. A Spider-Man fan recently recreated the Spider-Man 2 movie poster using assets from the Spider-Man video games on PlayStation 5 and an MCU special is coming to Disney+ in November.

In the meantime, the estate of Marvel artist Steve Ditko is trying to regain the copyrights to Spider-Man, Doctor Strange and more Marvel characters.

Petey Oneto is a freelance writer for IGN.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors