Become a Patron!

Samsung s7 edge biggest POS

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Let me know if anyone has had this problem and what they did. I just got a s7 edge last week. After a few days, apps started opening by themselves to the point where I couldn't even shut off phone to stop it. Screen would just freeze where I couldn't do anything. And the battery life is horrific. I regret getting this phone and will probably call the scumbags at tmobile to see what they have to lie about. That's another story tho thanks for the help

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd like to hear more on this, as this is what I am looking at, for my next upgrade phone

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Whiskey I Def would not recommend this phone to you. I should of stayed with my iPhone it's a nice looking phone but performance wise it's terrible. I'm going to call tmobile sometime this morning

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've obviously had both. And I would go with iPhone again. It's simpler, better battery life and had zero issues with it. I had iphone almost a yr and never had to have it fixed. S7 I had now goin on my second week and nothing but problems

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the feed back, sorry I couldn't give you any, I just want to upgrade this POS moto turbo, LOL

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Not sure what carrier you're with, but I have a ZTE Warp Elite (Boost Mobile) and have been very pleased with it. Also, they are about to release the Axion 7 which should be a killer phone.

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just switched from att iphone to tmobile s7 whiskey I would go with the iPhone. When I speak to tmobile I'm gunnar see what they tell me to do. Probably a reset of the phone and say it's fine now. Bs. I know the new iPhone is suppose to release in Dec. So might possibly hold off on the jump program til then. Very disappointed in the Samsung since I'm a huge fan of there products. My tvs, surround sound and blu Ray players are all samsung

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It worked fine til last week. Fucking hate this phone

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So they made me do a hard reset told me since I was past my buyers remorse by a few days that they couldn't swap it out. If it happens again then they will swap it out for another s7 edge.

cxdom

Member For 4 Years
It's all a sick joke. How many people really need a mega phone and must update every year or two? 99 percent of people could accomplish everything they need with a mid level phone.

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yeah I get that I do a lot of streaming and idk but I feel there is no in between phones. It's either a flip or a top of line. But I do agree it is a sick joke. My phone will be obsolete in a month and the next model after will be obsolete the next month with another model.

cxdom

Member For 4 Years
Shit like this is why so many of us are dead broke. I refuse to spend 50-100 a month on cell service. I buy preloaded Sim cards unlimited talk and text and anywhere from 500 mb of data to 3 gb of data depending on the deals that month. Since I've been doing this I've never spent over 10 for a month of service. I use Google voice which allows me to keep the same number even though I switch Sims every month.

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I agree. I need the reliable service tho. U don't wanna know what my bill is a month now or when I was with att but anyways I wanted to say how much I don't like this s7 and would tell everyone not to get one. I'm not one of those who are loyal to Apple products like my wife and daughter. I'm more loyal to Samsung since I like there products except this phone but I will get an iPhone again before a Samsung phone. My tvs and house products can stay Samsung

cxdom

Member For 4 Years
The iPhone is overpriced shit. Reliable service? The mvno I'm currently with uses AT&T towers. I could get service from an mvno that uses T-Mobile, AT&T or Verizon if I chose. Everybody has choices but I've read several good reviews on the s7.

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I had att and I thought there service sucked where I'm at. Only reliable service in my location is Verizon but none of there plans work for me for the price. From experience I agree all these phones are overpriced but from experience of having both iPhone and s7. I should of stayed with iPhone for its simplicity and performance and lack of issues

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
As far as buying prepaid. I can go thru 1gig if not more a day because I have no WiFi at my job or close by for that matter. So even 3gigs won't cut it for me.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I've had almost every iPhone since the 4 because of my job, and for my personal phones always went android. I got the s7 edge at launch and it works perfect. Maybe you just got a bad one? Iphones are in general overpriced crap that Apple sells off of being cool. Samsung makes the best phones. But if you don't believe me get an HTC or something but not I phone

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just my personal experience. On what I think

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Just my personal experience. On what I think

Of course and you are more then welcome to have it. I can just tell you from years of using both ios and android that Apple products have gone down the drain. About 6 years ago they were the best on the market, then they got popular and turned to crap. The only thing they are good at is managing music.

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Of course and you are more then welcome to have it. I can just tell you from years of using both ios and android that Apple products have gone down the drain. About 6 years ago they were the best on the market, then they got popular and turned to crap. The only thing they are good at is managing music.

Yeah I agree with managing music. I only say I feel I regret my android purchase because of the issues I'm having. I only originally got the apple to handle my iTunes but over time liked the phone. I got the android to try something new. And I can say maybe if my issues happened months from now I would say damn ok it's been a while maybe it gave up but for it to happen to me 2 weeks after purchase kinda makes me rethink the android product

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Yeah I agree with managing music. I only say I feel I regret my android purchase because of the issues I'm having. I only originally got the apple to handle my iTunes but over time liked the phone. I got the android to try something new. And I can say maybe if my issues happened months from now I would say damn ok it's been a while maybe it gave up but for it to happen to me 2 weeks after purchase kinda makes me rethink the android product

I think you just got a bad device. I mean I took mine to the Waterpark took pics underwater swam with it and it still works perfect. The s7 edge is the best phone on the market imo. Iphones aren't even top 5

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I think you just got a bad device. I mean I took mine to the Waterpark took pics underwater swam with it and it still works perfect. The s7 edge is the best phone on the market imo. Iphones aren't even top 5

Tmobile didn't think I have a bad device. Lol. I say it's possible that I do. But we will see. I did a hard reset yesterday so we will see

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Tmobile didn't think I have a bad device. Lol. I say it's possible that I do. But we will see. I did a hard reset yesterday so we will see

Was it new or refurbished? Did you soak it in water? I know when it's really wet after soaking for a while it goes a little crazy until it dries out.

CJ

VU Webmaster
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I haven't liked Samsung products since late 2000's. I prefer Motorola and Google devices over anything and my Nexus 6 is still kicking and ranks up there with the current "flagship killer" devices that are coming out now. I look forward to upgrading to the new Nexus line in August / September, that coupled with Google Fi, I pay less than $30 a month (and $10 per gig over 2gb which I never get to).

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It's a new s7 edge.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Let me know if anyone has had this problem and what they did. I just got a s7 edge last week. After a few days, apps started opening by themselves to the point where I couldn't even shut off phone to stop it. Screen would just freeze where I couldn't do anything. And the battery life is horrific. I regret getting this phone and will probably call the scumbags at tmobile to see what they have to lie about. That's another story tho thanks for the help

Sounds like you have a virus or malware. Download Lookout from the store and scan your phone. Also download malwarebytes and run a scan with that.

Did you root the phone or load a rooted image on it?

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
No didn't root and the phone already came with lookout

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think you've got a ton of bullshit apps on the phone (bloatware) sucking the battery life. My LG had tons of those fucking things. I rooted it and removed about 20 apps that were constantly going out via the internet to pull down ads to be shown if you opened the apps.

That is the way to go. Kill the bloatware.

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I will give it a shot. What u consider bs apps I just my regular shit like ESPN Instagram no Facebook

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I will give it a shot. What u consider bs apps I just my regular shit like ESPN Instagram no Facebook

Dumb question but are you using Pokémon go? Cause that drains battery like crazy. Personally I can watch 8 hours of Netflix on my phone while at work and still have 40-50% left by the time I get home.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Lookout is worthless, always has been.
Root it and keep an eye on your apps.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

look at all the apps installed from amazon to shopping channel. If you don't use them get rid of them.

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Only apps I have I use hell no Pokémon

pescadore

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the S7 edge and love it. I had the Iphone 6 plus prior to getting this phone and was disappointed after switching from Android to Iphone. I like the S7 much more and would not trade back.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Now I'm curious. Everyone praising the s7 y do u say it's bett3r than this and that. I like the iPhone better because it's simplicity and performance and lack of issues that I personally found

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Now I'm curious. Everyone praising the s7 y do u say it's bett3r than this and that. I like the iPhone better because it's simplicity and performance and lack of issues that I personally found

Because you probably got a defective one. Not fair to compare a defective device to a working one. Like I said I've had the iPhone 4 5 and now 6 for work and I got the s7 edge for my personal phone when it came out 5 months ago. Also had a note 3 prior to that. Samsung phones are much better then iphones. IMHO

VU Sponsors