Scream 6 Ghostface Will Be 'Most Aggressive And Violent' Version Yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Scream 6 star Jenna Ortega has said that the next installment of the long-running horror franchise will see Ghostface return for a much more brutal round of terror.

Ortega, who is reprising her role as Tara Carpenter in the sixth Scream film, spoke of her love for the horror genre while chatting to Entertainment Tonight at a recent red-carpet event. She couldn't offer too many details about what's in store for the slasher-blockbuster franchise, other than to say that Ghostface will be more "aggressive and violent" than ever before.

"Ghostface gets a lot more intimidating," Ortega said of the sixth installment, which was announced in February after the incredible success of 2022's Scream. "I just read part of the script, and it just gets more and more gory. I think that this is probably the most aggressive and violent version of Ghostface we've ever seen, which I think will really be fun to shoot."

Production on Scream 6 is due to begin this summer, with Matt Bettinelli-Olpin and Tyler Gillett directing the movie from a script written by James Vanderbilt and Guy Busick. Vanderbilt is also serving as a producer alongside Paul Neinstein and William Sherak. Kevin Williamson is executive producing with Gary Barber, Peter Oillataguerre, and Chad Villella.

Ortega is returning to the franchise alongside Courtney Cox, who will be back on our screens as Gale Weathers, a character that she has played in every iteration of the film series so far. Hayden Panettiere will also be joining them to make her return as Kirby Reed, a fan-favorite character from Scream 4, who Ortega says is back to "redeem herself" in the next movie.

Scream 6 is slated to arrive in theaters on March 31, 2023, just over a year after the fifth installment unleashed more terror from the Ghostface killer. IGN praised 2022's Scream entry for managing to successfully carve out "a future for the franchise that some may not have thought possible with a tight story, great performances, and stellar new directions."

Adele Ankers-Range is a freelance writer for IGN. Follow her on Twitter.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors