Become a Patron!

Sea of Thieves Lives Up to More of its Potential

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Last year, no other game I played at E3 made my face hurt from smiling so much more than Sea of Thieves. Rare’s high-seas co-op pirate adventure treated us like grown-ups (read: no tutorials or HUD hints) and let us rely solely on our friends to man our ship and destroy our rivals on the open waters. This year, it’s brought even more tricks to the table, and in turn fulfilled another chunk of its enormous potential.

I began at the docks with IGN’s Joe Skrebels, Brandin Tyrrel, and Brendan Graeber. In each of our inventories were three documents: two maps of separate islands, each with an X marking the spot of some treasure; and a rhyming riddle that promised to also lead us to a treasure. We opted to pick one of the unmarked islands. We boarded our ship, located the island using the map table below decks, and set sail. As ever, it takes a crew to make your ship go: someone to man the sails, someone to raise the anchor, a lookout to help guide us and watch out for enemy ships from the crow’s nest, maybe a musician to serenade us while we sail, and of course one on the wheel.

Continue reading…

Continue reading...

VU Sponsors