Sebastian Stan Says 'Never Say Never' About Playing Luke Skywalker

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Warning: This article contains spoilers for The Book of Boba Fett!

Star Wars fans are desperate to see Sebastian Stan play a young Luke Skywalker in The Mandalorian… and he’s not saying no.

During an interview with Esquire, the 39-year-old Marvel actor responded to fan demands for him to pick up a lightsaber as a young version of the iconic Jedi.

“Look, it's really kind,” he said. “Never say never."

"Mark Hamill is my father, you know," he went on to joke. "And he knows that, and I call him every Christmas to tell him, ‘Just… Just want you to know I'm around.’ It's really terrifying.”

A younger version of Luke Skywalker appeared in the Season 2 finale of The Mandalorian, and again in a recent episode of The Book of Boba Fett.

Unfortunately, it’s not Sebastian Stan behind the appearance.

Young Skywalker is actually played by stand-in, Graham Hamilton, with some impressive visual effects providing the younger Jedi’s face. Meanwhile, original Luke Skywalker, Mark Hamill, recorded the character’s voice.

After Lucasfilm hired the deep fake YouTuber who improved upon The Mandalorian’s de-aging work, it looks as though this visual effects approach is what we ended up with in The Book of Boba Fett.

The result is pretty impressive… but fans are still desperate to see Sebastian Stan, who’s a dead ringer for the young Mark Hamill, pick up the role.

Artist @Bosslogic imagines what Sebastian Stan would look like as a young Luke Skywalker in The Mandalorian. Thoughts? pic.twitter.com/7XpCCA0pzI

— IGN (@IGN) December 5, 2020

Even Mark Hamill has previously shown his support for Stan.

“He's a wonderful actor,” he told Good Morning America. "People say, 'Will you support him to be the young Luke Skywalker when they make those movies?' And I thought, he doesn't need me. He's an accomplished enough actor to get in on his own. And I shouldn't put my thumb on the scale because it's not my choice, it's Disney and Lucasfilm, and I don't want to cut short any other potential Lukes. I'd love to work with him. Heck, I'd play his father any day.”

The Book of Boba Fett starts Temuera Morrison as the classic Star Wars bounty hunter alongside Ming-Na Wen as Fennec Shand.

Ryan Leston is an entertainment journalist and film critic for IGN. You can follow him on Twitter.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors