Become a Patron!

Seeking a Generous individual(s)

DownAndDirtyGFX

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So i've been into mods for a few months now.
I've heard it from everyone ive ever talked to about mods and mod safety.
( ALWAYS USE THE RIGHT BATTERY! )
Well... I was given a Herakles Sub-ohm tank the other week from a family member who came down to visit and no longer used it. ( My tank had fallen out of my pocket and the glass shattered into pieces. So up until this point i had no working vape in my home. )

Anyway, I didn't realize it at the time but the coils this tank uses are sub-ohm.. And my uncle didn't tell me that. He just said " Here, use this tank on your mod. It'll give you good cloud production. " And he was definitely right. My clouds had never been bigger! i was fucking EXCITED! Well..

about 2 days ago, i tried using my mod. For some reason it wasn't firing and then all of a sudden, i could smell burning plastic, and the bay for the battery was extremely hot. Without hesitation i quickly unscrewed the mod and Chucked the battery outside. ( After about 45secs to a minute, the bastard vented and popped. There was a down draft and i could smell what im assuming is ooey-gooey-battery-guts melting all over my yard. )

Anyway, back to the point. I'm currently un-employed and have no immediate ways of getting a replacement battery.
I'm just hoping that there maybe someone out there who wouldn't mind maybe sending me a safer battery or two?.

I can't offer you money or another product in return for it, but i can offer you a customized avatar for the forum or some other graphic related work.

Thank you all for reading.

Keep Cool, Keep Safe, Keep Vaping.
~Down And Dirty

Jack Merridew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm really sorry for you. Is there any reason why you didn't test the coil before firing it? What kind of mod are you using?

DownAndDirtyGFX

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well i'd been using the same coil for a week with no issues. its a herakles brand coil.
I had just charged my battery fully, popped it into my mod, screwed on my tank, and tried to hit it like usual. But this time nothing happened..and then there was the added benefit of fireworks afterward ( Lol )

And the mod im not sure what the name is, there was some markings on the outside of the 510, but it's smudged off now or something. It's an unregulated TELESCOPE mod. ( I was given all this stuff from my uncle a few months ago when he upgraded. And i've just been using his hand-me-down equipment.

From what i was reading, it was possible that the tank was screwed to far down and caused a short, OR it could be cause i dropped the battery the other day ( Maybe the wrap was damaged? or dented? ) I have no idea.. But needless to say... battery safety is now my 1st concern with anything vaping lol.. I just need a new battery that isn't gonna blow up in my face by using a Sub-ohm since thats all i have now.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just saw tanks for sale at a gas station I stopped by for gas selling for about $6-$7 each, so if your in a pinch you may want to check out some around your area?
They also sold disposable E-cigs as well.:) Maybe just until your above board with funds that could tide you over.The set up you have and are trying to maintain could run a bit with Batteries and subtanks, you may want to wait until you can afford the set up your talking about:)

DownAndDirtyGFX

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
un-employed. I've got maybe 50 cents to my name?.. And a new tank is no good without a battery. Which i have none. :c

@.@ ughhh this sucks...

DownAndDirtyGFX

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i don't think so either, but we all have to play the cards we are dealt in life.
Im not gonna complain about a free mech mod my uncle gave me.
But either way, a INR or IMR battery would still be safer to use than an ICR in an un-regulated mod.

VU Sponsors