The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I was catching up on my youtube reviews to see what's new and coming out because I like to stay in the loop and I came across this video from Suck My Mod.. In it Matt show's of the Segelei 150 real quick and shows a website where several Yihi chipset mods show that they miscalculate the voltage for the wattage setting and are not accurate at especially lower ohm builds and higher wattage settings...So I went to the website he linked and checked it out for myself. As I only got my 150 a few weeks ago I was hoping I had a newer one that hopefully had a more accurate chip. So I screwed my simple inline volt meter in it and when it would read the voltage as it fired I was sadly disturbed to find my mod with both a .46 and a .24 build fired an average of .3 volts lower than it said it is when set between 50 and 80 watts. This leads to as much as a 10 watt difference between what I set it for and what the mod is actually firing at. I've heard the SX-350 series chips are much more accurate but I don't have the money to blow on another mod to find out...I am wondering if anyone else has a newer SX 330 chipped mod than something like the 150 that could have been sitting in a stores stock for a couple months and if they have the same problem or if Yihi has addressed this issue? below is a link to the Youtube video and the website with the guy who tested a bunch of mods with better equipment than my cheap inline meter results....

http://imgur.com/a/OPSur

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Huh, good to know - I remember testing when the Cloupor T8 came out pretty much buried it for the same offense (though drastically worse in scale). Just for shits 'n' giggles I pulled out my inline meter (almost forgot I owned it!) and threw it on my Sig 100 - pretty accurate readings to within a few hundredths at 50, 60, and 65 watts on a 0.4 ohm, 24g, 3.0 ID dual build...do the old 100s and the 100+/150 share different versions of the same chip, or are we talking about a horse of another color entirely here?

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't know if they use different versions of the chip or just different code on the chipset...but between mine, Matt's from Suck My Mod, and the guy that did the testing and posted the results that's at least 3 sig 150s that are off...I put this up to see if anyone else and how many other's have noticed this and if someone with a newer 330 chipset or even newer version of this mod was having this issue...it's honestly not that big of deal to me since I really don't go above 80-90 watts, but for someone looking to fry juice maxing out the thing and getting as much as 15 watts below what's advertised I could see it being a disappointment...that is if they could tell the difference. I know some people can but for me there's not a lot between 130 and 150, it all tastes too damn hot to me :)

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I have an iPV3, a Mini 2, and an iPV4, all have different iterations of the SX-330, and slightly different from the Sigelei 150 as well. This interests me, and though very subjective, what little time I've vaped my iPV4 on Power Mode, it's seemed to hit a bit harder and punchier at the same wattages/attys compared to my other two. Presumably, it's the newest revision of the chip, so maybe they changed it.

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have an iPV3, a Mini 2, and an iPV4, all have different iterations of the SX-330, and slightly different from the Sigelei 150 as well. This interests me, and though very subjective, what little time I've vaped my iPV4 on Power Mode, it's seemed to hit a bit harder and punchier at the same wattages/attys compared to my other two. Presumably, it's the newest revision of the chip, so maybe they changed it.

Yeah, I love my Sig 150, don't get me wrong...I like the SX-330 and it's a great chip. I just posted this so if someone got one and felt like compared to another high wattage box like a OKR or Raptor and was wondering that at low builds it's fires off the higher you go. I tested it at 40 watts and it fired .3 below what it was supposed to...then it fired within .02 of what it was supposed to, than .1 low, and then several times at the correct voltage or within .04 of what it was supposed to be so it does do better under 50 watts which i bet is more than enough for most people, but it does jump around at higher wattages and seems to be consistantly .3 lower than it says which depending on your setting can be 5 to 15 watts less depending on how high of wattage you're going for

twisted

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Even if the watts are off and your trying to let's say vape at 70 watts and it's pushing let's say 65 just bump the watts up some. You have "150" watts. Me I don't look and say I want 75 watts and that's it. I adjust my wattage depending on build and juice to what seems the best. I don't care if they are off as long as I can adjust it to what I want.

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Even if the watts are off and your trying to let's say vape at 70 watts and it's pushing let's say 65 just bump the watts up some. You have "150" watts. Me I don't look and say I want 75 watts and that's it. I adjust my wattage depending on build and juice to what seems the best. I don't care if they are off as long as I can adjust it to what I want.

I feel the same way...but if a chip is off by .3 volts at higher settings for example like mine, that means I max out at 135 watts as apposed to 150...honestly for the way I build that's more than enough power than I'll ever need....the most I vape at is 100 watts and I feel like that is frying the juice even. Most of my builds are targeted for 40-60 watts and some for 70-80. I just got the 150 instead of the 100 v2 plus because I got a killer deal on it and I have the wattage if I ever get a wild hair and decide to really fog the place up :D

twisted

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea I guess it would matter for people trying to vape at 150. Didn't think about that. Me I stick mostly around 60 but sometimes get up to 100

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yea I guess it would matter for people trying to vape at 150. Didn't think about that. Me I stick mostly around 60 but sometimes get up to 100

Yup, me too, and I think a lot of us are in that range so it's not a big deal...honestly I know there are coils and cloud chasers out there that vape those kind of wattages and love it...but I build for flavor and sometimes flavor with a little bit of clouds....different wattages can change the flavor of juice so I like experimenting so I feel like I get two flavors for the price of one...but honestly, above 120ish it just feels like I am frying my juice and wasting it and should be vaping straight VG if I want to go that high for the clouds. :)

twisted

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea I really don't care to go over 100. I just did a build that I am vaping at 100 and it's doing pretty good. But I cant see my self doing a build were I need 150 watts.

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do you have multiple meters to verify consistency?

I don't know the accuracy of the sx330 I know an early sig review or two said they were innacurate but I thought the issue was something with the 100w 510. I could be mistaken I did not follow it all that closely and never saw a review where it was put on a scope. It would not surprise me if they were off though since mod accuracy will vary in efficiency.

The sx350 on a scope are pretty accurate from what I have seen but there is a percentage of accuracy claim and I don't think any mod claims 100% efficiency.

Like mentioned above when comparing the evolv board a fair comparison would be at the same watt cap since that is how far evolv's accuracy can be gauged.

Either way for me I never felt jaded by the higher watts on the sx330 ipv3 board because I vape by feeling and never used the mod to maximum claimed wattage anyways.

Also I really enjoy some of my evolve board mods and I enjoy the yihi board mods as both makers make imo a reliable device but yihi unlike evolv have their budget boards. Well evolv has the 20w SVD mod but I have never used it.

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Do you have multiple meters to verify consistency?

I don't know the accuracy of the sx330 I know an early sig review or two said they were innacurate but I thought the issue was something with the 100w 510. I could be mistaken I did not follow it all that closely and never saw a review where it was put on a scope. It would not surprise me if they were off though since mod accuracy will vary in efficiency.

The sx350 on a scope are pretty accurate from what I have seen but there is a percentage of accuracy claim and I don't think any mod claims 100% efficiency.

Like mentioned above when comparing the evolv board a fair comparison would be at the same watt cap since that is how far evolv's accuracy can be gauged.

Either way for me I never felt jaded by the higher watts on the sx330 ipv3 board because I vape by feeling and never used the mod to maximum claimed wattage anyways.

Also I really enjoy some of my evolve board mods and I enjoy the yihi board mods as both makers make imo a reliable device but yihi unlike evolv have their budget boards. Well evolv has the 20w SVD mod but I have never used it.

I just have a basic inline meter and a basic digital multimeter...I never felt jaded by the Yihi boards...I really like the SX-330 chip...I've seen that the 350 is much more accurate, but I really have no need for another box...I use mechs mostly, I've sold several of them but I still have half a dozen or so mech's and I like to drip at 40-80 watts depending on my build...I am after flavor more so than clouds so it's not a big deal. I compared the sig against the rDNA at 40 watts with the same atty just to see...Evolv is far from perfect, they always release a chip with bugs and use us consumers as beta testers...They did it with the 20, 30, and 40....and probably with the DNA 25...but I haven't heard or seen much on the 25 so I cannot speak as to that.

I just posted mine, Suck My Mod's, and the other guy from Germany's results...as with anything else vape related, your mileage my vary...but if someone else were to take simple gear like mine and get simular results, I wanted to let them know that they're not crazy or alone....

Honestly, if you vape to taste like I do over having to have the setting's on the mod be exactly like you think it is then it's no big deal. I've never known a regulated device to be 100 percent accurate with 100 percent of everything used with it....and I don't vape above 120 so for me it's still perfect because if my meter's are accurate and the output is consistantly .3 lower on my device with low builds I still get like 136-137ish watts which is more than enough for me....

I am not bashing Yihi or bitching, at least that wasn't my intent...it was just to share some info I found looking things up and my personal results to go along with it when I checked to the best of my ability to see how accurate my mod is. I'd love to get my hands on a scope and really run it threw it's paces myself but since I don't have access to that kind of equipment the basics will have to do. I don't normally put up numbers type posts like this because of my lack of fancy gear but I thought this one was worth sharing

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just have a basic inline meter and a basic digital multimeter...I never felt jaded by the Yihi boards...I really like the SX-330 chip...I've seen that the 350 is much more accurate, but I really have no need for another box...I use mechs mostly, I've sold several of them but I still have half a dozen or so mech's and I like to drip at 40-80 watts depending on my build...I am after flavor more so than clouds so it's not a big deal. I compared the sig against the rDNA at 40 watts with the same atty just to see...Evolv is far from perfect, they always release a chip with bugs and use us consumers as beta testers...They did it with the 20, 30, and 40....and probably with the DNA 25...but I haven't heard or seen much on the 25 so I cannot speak as to that.

I just posted mine, Suck My Mod's, and the other guy from Germany's results...as with anything else vape related, your mileage my vary...but if someone else were to take simple gear like mine and get simular results, I wanted to let them know that they're not crazy or alone....

Honestly, if you vape to taste like I do over having to have the setting's on the mod be exactly like you think it is then it's no big deal. I've never known a regulated device to be 100 percent accurate with 100 percent of everything used with it....and I don't vape above 120 so for me it's still perfect because if my meter's are accurate and the output is consistantly .3 lower on my device with low builds I still get like 136-137ish watts which is more than enough for me....

I am not bashing Yihi or bitching, at least that wasn't my intent...it was just to share some info I found looking things up and my personal results to go along with it when I checked to the best of my ability to see how accurate my mod is. I'd love to get my hands on a scope and really run it threw it's paces myself but since I don't have access to that kind of equipment the basics will have to do. I don't normally put up numbers type posts like this because of my lack of fancy gear but I thought this one was worth sharing
I hear ya and everything you're saying makes sense.

imo the evolv dna40 is a better board than say the sx330 Sig 150 board and it makes it not as even of a comparison even set at the same watts. Much like comparing a sx330 board to a sx130 board would probably show the sx330 to be more accurate is all I was getting at.

I'll see if I can find my volt a meter and see what it shows on a variety of regulated mods.

Last edited:

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I hear ya and everything your saying makes sense.

imo the evolv dna40 is a better board than say the sx330 Sig 150 board and it makes it not as even of a comparison even set at the same watts. Much like comparing a sx330 board to a sx130 board would probably show the sx330 to be more accurate is all I was getting at.

I'll see if I can find my volt a meter and see what it shows on a variety of regulated mods.

The DNA 40 is a bitch to meter...it's an inverted signal so it won't register on an inline volt meter and with a multimeter you have to reverse the positive and negative to get a positive volt reading.

For what it's worth, this was a very involved process for me because my old radio shack digital multimeter is a little bitch. It is very accurate with reading static voltages like checking the charge of a battery but when it comes to testing a mods accuracy it's a PITA to say the least.

for me to even get an accurate reading I pulled out all my mechs, with an inline volt meter and an ohm's law calculator and compared calculated voltage to the inline meter's reading voltage (which for a cheap little guy is actually pretty accurate...it reads the battery voltage in a mech without an atomizer the same as my multimeter does when I just touch the leads to a battery not inside a mech...so if they're off their consistently off together :) )

Anyways...after metering the same atty with the same battery in several mods both ways I was able to establish a consistent baseline reading that my multimeter reads a firing device aprox. .54 volts lower than what it is firing it give or take .01 volts.

When I meter the DNA 40 it fires within .05-.1 volts of what it is supposed to as it's constantly reading the resistance and as the coil heats up (even Kanthal does this) the resistance can change slightly and I can see with my multimeter the changes of the device trying to compensate. Making the max setting with my .24-.25 coil firing at aprox 39.2 volts give or take a bit. Like I said, I have basic equipment so I get basic results...but not wanting to make blatently false claims I have spent the last couple nights running these tests and computations and the DNA just seems to be more accurate in it's given range than the Yihi chipset...

Do I think that it makes the DNA board a better chip...no, not necessarily....I have a version 1 or 2 DNA with the small screen and it's got bugs in it...I am waiting for my PVA 40 to come with the newer Version 4 chip with the larger screen and the bugs fixed to make final judgement. I believe they are two different chipsets that serve two different purposes. And I agree about comparing the 330 to the 130 and the 350 would be a much more fair comparison....I love both mods and both boards for what they are. I just find it interesting to see what they really do. I wish I could get my hands on a scope and really run them threw their paces, I mean all the settings and all the resistances, I'd love to see all that raw data. The more info and less speculation the better right? :) I am just enough of a geek that I think it would be fun to spend a weekend doing that...plus think of all the yummy vaping you'd get to do instead of mowing the lawn...I would so be there :D

VU Sponsors