Become a Patron!

Semi's Jaffa Cake

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Been playing around a fair bit so I thought it's about time that I contribute.
Let me know what you think, and please don't hesitate to share feedback and possible improvements.

All FA concentrates.

edit -

2% Orange
1% Vienna Cream
1% Marzipan
1% Coconut
0.5% Catalan Cream
0.5% Cocoa
0.5% Vanilla Classic
0.5% Marshmallow
0.5% Chocolate
0.5% Caramel

Last edited:

kiwivaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
good one mate!! i was thinking about doing a jaffa cake myself!!! i have a recipe in mind and will give it a go in the next day or two..ill post the results for sure!!! your flavs look like it would be pretty tasty!!! i was thinking along the same lines as well but didnt think about mazipan.. i was thinking 2%orange and a tiny bit of peach to sweeten the orange.. mmmm jaffas!!!!

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Funny you say that mate. I thought that the orange needed sweetening, which is why I added the marshmallow. Peach could be interesting. I don't have any handy, but give it a go and keep me posted. As for the Marzipan, I'm digging it as a sweetener and it also gives more debth to the creams and caramel. Never been a huge fan of Marzipan candy, but find myself mixing this into lots of recipes. One of my favs from FA

kiwivaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yea- just a tiny bit of peach.. also thinking .5% coco and .5% chocolate and maybe lowering the vienna cream a tad.. catalin is deff right for this recipe IMO.. also tempted to put a tiny bit of joy in it- that will sweeten it up!!! happy mixing!!

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks for the input mate.
I've got some Joy here which I used for a HIC recipe, but haven't got around to tasting it solo yet. I'll give it a go soon. I'm thinking that some custard could also work. I'll vape another 30mls as it is first to really let it sink in. I'm happy with it now, but there's always room for improvement ;)

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Oh yea and as for the choc, I was actually nearly tempted to add more, it's quite subtle at the moment. The cakeyness is really nice. I think a little more sweetness on the orange would be an improvement. Looking forward to hearing how you go with the peach.

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well I must say that the more that I've vaped this, the more that I've cringed for more orange. When I first made this mix, 1% orange seemed satisfactory for the first few days, but after a few weeks I find myself adding more and more orange. Funny how the taste buds adapt and condition to flavours. I was finding that after prolonged periods of inhales the orange would fade. I'm now vaping this with 2.5% orange and the orange now remains through the long haul. Might be too strong for some, but it's where I've ended up, therefore I've edited the original post. I'd recommend starting low and adjusting if you end up in my boat.

kiwivaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
now im thinking 1.5% choc 0.75 maybe less orange than what u r putting in now since the update to the recipe and
0.5% FA Torrone .. i havnt made your recipe or even started with my version, im just too busy at the mo'. but im thinking maybe torrone will blend the chocs and while adding a bit of zing, will able you to use less orange.. the problem (uneducated guess here) with jaffa is orange and choc are always going to fight each other and ones gonna try to take over the other. so one dy itt'll taste awesome, then two days later "taste like cat pee" lol - im looking forward to cracking into this one but it will have to wait a bit.. keen to hear how you go with this one!!

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yea I think Torrone would fit in well. I'll give that a try when I finish off this latest batch. As for the choc and orange war, they have paired well. I've been vaping this latest batch every evening for the last week. Consistently good, I just needed to throw a few more drops of orange in, but not because it turned to cat piss.. lol... it was just a case of my taste buds cringing for more. I know the choc percentages are low, but for now I'm happy with them at 0.5%. Try a small batch of the exact recipe starting with 1.5% orange before you tinker. Keen to see what you think mate.

GingerVapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Let me know what you think, and please don't hesitate to share feedback and possible improvements.

All FA concentrates.

edit - 1.5% - 2.5% Orange
1% Vienna Cream
1% Catalan Cream
1% Vanilla Classic
1% Cocoa
1% Marzipan
1% Coconut
1% Marshmallow
0.5% Chocolate
0.5% Caramel
Just ran across this, and it sounds awesome! Going to make some up this weekend.
Pardon my ignorance, what is a Jaffa Cake? If it tastes like the vape should, I need a recipe for the cake too!

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just ran across this, and it sounds awesome! Going to make some up this weekend.
Pardon my ignorance, what is a Jaffa Cake? If it tastes like the vape should, I need a recipe for the cake too!

Jaffa cakes are basically choc/orange cakes or soft cookies.
I really love this recipe, but I must say that it is definitely best suited to a dripper. It's a bit of a coil gunker due to the high percentages of concentrates and chocolate. I've tried making revised versions that would be easier on coils and wicks, but the original recipe is still my favourite. It's yummy, but be prepared to swap out your wicks and dry burn every few days at most. I've given up on this through tanks as you need to use lower resistances coupled with regular maintenance. I just keep a batch around for dripping, but it's worth it IMO

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
This will give you an idea.
Here in Australia we get them at European deli's.

Attachments

• ERIKS_Case_Jaffa.jpg
    ERIKS_Case_Jaffa.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 11
  • odd_jaffa_cake_1.jpg
    odd_jaffa_cake_1.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 11

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My daughter sent me Tim Tams from New Zealand when she was there and they were exquisite.... :)

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Haaa yea Tim Tam's are an Australian classic. Jaffa Cakes are next level though. Well the real deal are, not sure about my recipe. You'll be the judge of that ;)

Last edited:

GingerVapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Jaffa cakes are basically choc/orange cakes or soft cookies.
I really love this recipe, but I must say that it is definitely best suited to a dripper. It's a bit of a coil gunker due to the high percentages of concentrates and chocolate. I've tried making revised versions that would be easier on coils and wicks, but the original recipe is still my favourite. It's yummy, but be prepared to swap out your wicks and dry burn every few days at most. I've given up on this through tanks as you need to use lower resistances coupled with regular maintenance. I just keep a batch around for dripping, but it's worth it IMO
I just started dripping, so, this will be good for me to try on my new Mutation X V4!

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Dripping is fantastic. I seem to be getting lazier though, therefore I'm making up more tank friendly mixes, but I've always got one or two exclusive drip mixes going. Some of the best tobacco vapes are pretty much only drippable. House of Liquid tobacco steeps are awesome, but they'll clog your coils up within hours. If you have the energy, tobacco blends don't get much better than HOL

Last edited:

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've never heard of such a thing but the recipe looks delish! One thing's sure; I'll have nothing to compare it to when I try it so it's sure to be perfect. :)

talonz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Dripping is fantastic. I seem to be getting lazier though, therefore I'm making up more tank friendly mixes, but I've always got one or two exclusive drip mixes going. Some of the best tobacco vapes are pretty much only drippable. House of Liquid tobacco steeps are awesome, but they'll clog your coils up within hours. If you have the energy, tobacco blends don't get much better than HOL
Try the TFV4 tank from SMOK. I'll personally never have to drip again other than testing a flavor. This tank revolutionized vaping as it is the perfect tank for flavor and cloud chasing. Of course it's mho, but reviews prove it. Of course it's great for DIY'ers as it's a juice hog. The coils are almost the size of a nano tank lol!
cheers!

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've never heard of such a thing but the recipe looks delish! One thing's sure; I'll have nothing to compare it to when I try it so it's sure to be perfect. :)

Haaa I hope you like it Sailcat, let me know what you think.

Try the TFV4 tank from SMOK.
cheers!

I don't really vape past 35w, and like smaller devices, but a friend of mine loves his. Too much vapour for little old me. People get annoyed enough when I walk the streets blasting 25w

talonz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Haaa I hope you like it Sailcat, let me know what you think.

I don't really vape past 35w, and like smaller devices, but a friend of mine loves his. Too much vapour for little old me. People get annoyed enough when I walk the streets blasting 25w
Smok is releasing the mini tfv4, and has 8 coil options. It's pre-order now in stainless or black. Has the same top fill design.

GingerVapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

All FA concentrates.

edit - 1.5% - 2.5% Orange
1% Vienna Cream
1% Catalan Cream
1% Vanilla Classic
1% Cocoa
1% Marzipan
1% Coconut
1% Marshmallow
0.5% Chocolate
0.5% Caramel
Well, I went to make this, and did not have Marzipan, so... I ordered some. (and a bunch more flavors, lol)
In the meantime, I found Jaffa cookies at this high end grocery store I was at today, my they are good! I bought 2 packs, saving one for comparison when my Marzipan gets here....

20087237a20460049b4cd32aabd20585.jpg

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ohhh yea I think I need to go and buy a pack myself.
Glad you enjoyed the cakes GingerVapes. Hopefully the recipe gives you some satisfaction too. Keep me posted.

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Alright, after a few months of trying to make this less gunky on the wicks, I've finally sorted this recipe out without sacrificing the goodness.
It's been an all day vape for me for the last few months. Now it's finally tweaked so that I don't have to change out my wicks every few days. It's now suitable for tanks, drippers etc,
The original post has been amended.

Still Jaffa Cake.
Still yummy.
Still running the same wick after a week.

This should be the final edit.
Enjoy!

Last edited:

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You're most welcome Sir Erick, I hope you enjoy it

Semi Reduction

VU Donator