A step in a positive direction for a change. Good find, 5150
giphy.gif

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Big Tobacco wins another one; yet most on here see them as the enemy...

Opponents of the proposed ban, including Henrico County-based Altria Group Inc., the nation’s largest tobacco company, argued that e-cigarettes produce fewer toxins than traditional cigarettes and that a ban is not justified.

Mykline

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The big tobacco companies want to shape the law to their favor and when they do they will start throwing money around and start sucking up the bigger independent vape companies. After doing that they will drive the smaller vape companies out of business with price wars.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The big tobacco companies want to shape the law to their favor and when they do they we start throwing money around and start sacking up the bigger independent vape companies. After doing that they will drive the smaller vape companies out of business with price wars.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Case in point...
What small company makes cigalikes? It's all Big Vapor...

"Shouldn’t we err on the side of caution and prohibit their use and protect the health of our children and our constituents?” Miller said during the committee meeting.

THE SKY IS FALLING! THE SKY IS FALLING!

“If they prove to be safe, I will be back to repeal the law.”

THE DAMAGE TO THE INDUSTRY IN THE STATE WOULD HAVE ALREADY BEEN DONE

MD_Boater

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Typical backwards politician thinking.

"“Shouldn’t we err on the side of caution and prohibit their use and protect the health of our children and our constituents?” Miller said during the committee meeting. “If they prove to be safe, I will be back to repeal the law.”

So... Wouldn't supporting vaping, which has been proven to be 95% safer than cigarettes by the government of the UK, be erring on the side of caution? If they find out that they got it wrong later on, they could just pass a law.

MD_Boater

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The big tobacco companies want to shape the law to their favor and when they do they will start throwing money around and start sucking up the bigger independent vape companies. After doing that they will drive the smaller vape companies out of business with price wars

It won't work. If I have to choose between a $5 "vape" from any major tobacco company or a $10 local shop or black market solution, I'm going with the little guy every time. The wonderful thing about corporations is that we the people actually do have power over them. If we don't like them, we can stop buying their shit and they go broke. They can not force us to buy their products, even if they convince their cronies in the federal government to mandate that we do so through repression... err... regulation. Two birds with one stone, giving big tobacco and big government the finger at the same time.

I really don't care what Phillip Morris makes in the future, I won't buy it. I don't care if it is a light bulb. They bastardized tobacco with additives to create maximum addiction since nicotine gets the rap for it anyway. Nobody notices the enhancers. Except the FDA, which just takes their spliff and allows it to continue. What do you think that they would do with e-liquid? We'd all need a gallon a week to satisfy our "addiction" by the time that they're done with the 'secret formula'. I'll bet the same shit that they add to cigarettes would be added to e-liquid.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
We have already had Big Vapor companies lying about their ingredients, and they weren't those owned by Big Tobacco...

MD_Boater

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And I'm sure the folks who care stopped buying from them already. At this point in time, there is absolutely no evidence to support the conclusion that any of the ingredients in question truly are hazardous when present in vapor. DA exists in cigarette smoke in much larger quantities, and we haven't seen cases of popcorn lung in smokers. "Big Vapor"? No such animal unless you are thinking about Kanger, Innokin, eLeaf, etc.. There may be large vendors of components and liquid, but the typical usage of the "big" nomenclature in regards to a business implies somewhat of an ability to control the market in which they exist. No single vape vendor or manufacturer has that kind of market influence.

Yet... If the FDA activates the regulations as proposed, then Big Tobacco will morph into Big Vapor, and all of the current "big vapor" businesses will go up in a cloud of vape. Next, all levels of government will tax it, since it is a 'regulated' industry, and then the new "Big Vapor (formerly known as Big Tobacco) will find a way to tie the vapor revenues to the old MSA, and states that sold CABs will tax it a second time to "recapture" the revenue. The result will be a black market of pop up vendors that design, manufacture, and sell manageable sized lots of gear and supplies, and then fold up and move on before the government catches wind of it. Not to mention all of the various non vaping related electronic devices that will be sold where a simple mod or two will turn it into vape gear. This will be the next "war on drugs", "war on poverty", "war on freedom, bravery, rugged individualism, self reliance, honor, valor, and courage" that they can't win... Wait... They are winning the last one. Just tune to a "Bern" rally is you want to start counting the victims of that one...

There is absolutely nothing that the government can do to make the vape industry any better than it is on its own.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
As I have previously stated, I hope many do vape e-liquid full of DA/AP, especially never smokers who sub ohm large amounts of it...
The vape world is already full of black market vendors. The ones who sell 'clones' and sell e- liquid mixed in filthy basements and storage units without any kind of license or health certificate. No, they won't exist under regulation, and that's a good thing. I want vaping to be legitimate and main stream, and that will only only happen once it is regulated. As it is, vaping is seen as a hobby for teens and obese men with tats and stretched ears...
Vaping has been Big Vapor for a while...

MD_Boater

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
\ I want vaping to be legitimate and main stream, and that will only only happen once it is regulated. As it is, vaping is seen as a hobby for teens and obese men with tats and stretched ears...

The course of action that you seem to prefer will guarantee the opposite results that you seek. The government outlawed the smokeable things that we don't talk about here, but my guess is that they believed what you believe. Regulating (to the extreme - by making it illegal) would control it. The end result is that it can be found anywhere, particularly in the environments that they aimed to prevent it from appearing in, like the schools.

This makes no sense. Name 3 vape companies that have actual control over any portion of the vape industry. I'll bet you can't.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The course of action that you seem to prefer will guarantee the opposite results that you seek. The government outlawed the smokeable things that we don't talk about here, but my guess is that they believed what you believe. Regulating (to the extreme - by making it illegal) would control it. The end result is that it can be found anywhere, particularly in the environments that they aimed to prevent it from appearing in, like the schools.

This makes no sense. Name 3 vape companies that have actual control over any portion of the vape industry. I'll bet you can't.

Regulation isn't a ban. Once the regulations eventually pass, my vaping won't be affected in the least...
v2, NJOY and BLU account for 85% of the cigalike market last I checked....

VU Sponsors