Become a Patron!

SessionDrummer's review of the SteamCrave v.2 Advanced Kit, Mesh Kit, and Squonk Backpack

SessionDrummer

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
sx4Wsfa.png

Alright, alright, alright !!!!!!! Been dying to get to try out the new SteamCrave Plus v.2 Advanced Kit. Having already reviewed the Plus Special Edition Kit, I won't go into repetitive details on the kit here, but I will focus MORE on the Mesh Deck, and the Squonk Backpack !!!!!

For transparency, SteamCrave did offer discounted pricing for the purposes of this review. [HASH=241]#IStillHadToPayForIt[/HASH]

The stuff, about the stuff .....

**Specs:**

• 30mm Diameter
  • Threaded Top Fill
  • 8ml Standard Glass Tank Section E-Juice Capacity
  • 16ml Metal Tank Extention Section E-Juice Capacity
  • Juice Flow Control
  • Knurled For Traction
  • Fully Closable
  • Postless Dual Coil Build Deck
  • 10mm by 4mm Each Terminal
  • Side Mounted Hex Screws
  • Dual Wicking Ports
  • PEEK Insulated Positive Post
  • Various Build Deck Options
  • Single Mesh Strip Build Deck
  • Single Coil Build Deck
  • Velocity Build Deck
  • RDA Section
  • Holds 3ml E-Liquid Capacity
  • Deigned For Dripping
  • Squonk Capable
  • Adjustable Side Airflow
  • Custom Design
  • Open on Two Sides
  • Various Airflow Designs
  • Honey Comb Airflow holes
  • Dual Slots
  • Single Slot
  • Fully Adjustable
  • 6mm Airflow Chimney Reducers
  • Metal and Glass
  • 810 Drip Tip
  • Threaded 510 Pin

**What's Included:**

• One Aromamizer Plus RDTA
  • One Spare 8ml Glass Tank Section
  • Two 6mm Chimney Reducers For Metal and Glass Tank
  • One Spare O-rings and Grub Screws
  • One Mesh Deck Kit
  • One Allen Key
  • User Manual
  • Steam Crave Sticker

SteamCrave never disappoints in their packaging.
ftGyZuz.jpg

or, what's included, they really go above and beyond.
1zP5zIH.jpg

The two decks included with the Advanced Kit were the Postless, and Mesher. Starting off with the postless. This tried and true setup hasn't changed much, but offers a flipable airflow ring, improved juice flow, etc. All the threads were buttery smooth, o-rings everywhere, and the fit and finish was great as always.
txIglDQ.jpg

Loaded up some 21700's into the Hadron (you know why ...) to get ready..
Qx4fXD0.jpg

Picked out some Vandy Vape Quad Core 5 wrappers for the test.
ByzgZ5B.jpg

Stroked/pulsed/ready.....
lk1E4nG.jpg

A little wick lube, and we're getting closer ...
TnZhPx0.jpg

Inserting the deck into the tank using the keyed notches. The knurling on the juice flow made for easy adjustments, and every time I looked at the juice flow ports, I thought, "Glug, glug, glug".
x0MDgB2.jpg

Nothing new here, but about the only thing you CAN'T fill this with, is a FIREHOSE !!!!
Zslgd8H.jpg

The airflow has been improved, with TONS of options including a flip-able air flow ring. Loads of honeycombs, with 1, 2, and 3 band choices for airflow (same on each side).
z5WtVD6.jpg

The Tower of Flavor Power is ready !!!
Hc2p5f5.jpg

*Skipping the P's and C's till later for easier reading and flow.* Meshy McMesh on deck !!!!

SteamCrave spec'd out these reducers for meshing, and single coiling. Having used them specifically for meshing, they work !!
G8QzLVT.jpg

If you are a SteamCrave fan, I would NOT try and talk you out of purchasing ANY of the above mentioned equipment. IF you like options,

Last edited:

SessionDrummer

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Continued ................

**Mesh Deck Kit Includes:**

• 1 x Mesh Deck with Solid Pin
  • 1 x Squonk Pin
  • 1 x Tool
  • 2 x Kanthal Mesh Strip 0.18ohm
  • 4 x Spare Clamp Spring
  • 2 x Spare Screw
  • 1 x User Manual

Having not meshed very much there was a learning curve in handling/installing the delicate mesh strips, but with the included tool and driver, was fairly simple.

aHa6G8C.jpg

Pulsed at very low wattages per the instructions.

VCJCvjw.jpg

Rather than screw up the wicks, I used the included shoelace wicks, and was THAT easy.

XYrrTbw.jpg

After the first wicking I was getting some dry hits (gasp !!!), so on the redo, I actually read the instructions.

V4Gywqd.png

xhUQUGn.png

Inserted the mesh airflow reducer.

O3h6pj1.jpg

And off to the Meshy McMesh races I went.

*Skipping the P's and C's till later.* There's MORE !!!!! How much could I pack into ONE review ?? !!!

Enter, the SteamCrave 220 Squonk Backpack

eeyyA69.jpg

**220 Hadron Squonk Backpack Specs:**

• Dimensions - 102mm by 47.5mm by 17.5mm
  • 15mL E-Juice Capacity
  • Threaded Top Fill System - Knurling
  • Top Pump System - 0.4mL Per Pump
  • Connected via Screws to Hadron 220 Box Mod
  • Available in Black and Gunmetal

**Includes:**

• 1 HADRON Squonk Backpack
  • 1 Mounting Screws
  • 1 Pack of O-Rings
  • 1 User Guide

DQVfIul.jpg

Mounting screws, extra o-rings, and a manual.

RC69msw.jpg

If you're lucky enough to own a Hadron, then you know how solidly it's built, and the backpack is no exception to that. Fit and finish were top notch, and a nice full tank window to keep an eye on your 15ml !!!

XSbT6GO.jpg

Here's where I took a chance. Thought about going matchy matchy, but decided to alternate colors like on the Hadron with black accents.

EHzMCC7.jpg

First things first, removed the stock pin, and replaced it with the squonk pin (short gold postless pin for comparison).

Ojliv8g.jpg

Primed the wick.

Vjypp8r.jpg

Then removed the squonk plug on the Hadron.

eH9zWmO.jpg

and the plug on the backpack.

cOvfg2g.jpg

Fought with the micro plastic bag and obtained the two screws (larger mounts in the bottom, smaller in the top).

Cp2fEaS.jpg

The big bottom screw is obvious but I almost forgot about the smaller top screw. Had to use tweezers to get the screw in place.

1udhH8O.jpg

Gassed up the thirsty tank.

TBY7KAq.jpg

And finally ready, for some serious flavor chucking !!!

cI5ghQ3.jpg

**Testing and Usage:**

I'm not even sure WHERE to begin on this, but let's try anyway. The Plus v2. vaped extremely well, and I immediately noticed the juiceflow, and airflow improvements. Although I used the airflow reducer with the mesh deck, I did not invert the airflow ring. Both the postless deck, and mesh deck performed flawlessly. The flavor levels were intense, and as was to be expected. I was actually going back and forth between the decks trying to pick out differences, but they were minor to my tastes, with POSSIBLY the mesh deck providing a slightly richer flavor. When I added the backpack, I was so smitten with the flavor I was getting, I didn't even take the glass out, just left the same tank on, shut off the juiceflow and just squonked myself silly on the mesh with no issues. If time had permitted I would have thrown the few squonk RDA's I had on top, but time ran short.

The fit and finish of all were top notch, buttery smooth threads, plenty of extras, and about the ONLY issue I had were dry hits on my original mesh deck wicking, but a quick read of the instructions (DUH) resolved that. Both decks were easy to build on with a slight learning curve on the dainty mesh strips.

Adding the backpack just brought stupid to the next level. 15ml at your fingertips, with about 0.4ml per squonk, that'll keep you juiced. Adding the backpack was an easy 2 screw affair, and fit almost seamlessly with the Hadron (not reviewed here), and although somewhat large, felt really good in the hand. I had genuine concerns about my decision to squonk the mesh using the tank, and not RDA it, but hehe, t was enjoying the vape and flavor soo much, it just didn't slow me down. I wondered if I could have FILLED the tank, and the backpack and used them in tandem ?? !!!!

**Advanced Kit Pros:**'

• Tons of different deck options (postless and mesh included)
  • Easy to build on
  • Top notch build quality, buttery smooth threads
  • Improved airflow and juiceflow
  • Included drip tip(s) stylish and work great
  • Outstanding flavor which doesn't seem to reduce even when using extension/larger tank

**Advanced Kit Cons:**

• Large footprint
  • Somewhat expensive
  • Learning curve with mesh deck and wicking

**Backpack Pros:**

• Perfectly integrates with the SteamCrave Hadron
  • 15ml juice reserve
  • Easy installation and usage

**Backpack Cons:**

• Costs money
  • Adds to size, and weight of Hadron

**Conclusion:**

If you are a SteamCrave fan, I would NOT try and talk you out of purchasing ANY of the above mentioned equipment. IF you like options,

Last edited:

SessionDrummer

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
flavor, well built hardware, you are in the same boat. Whether you pick up the Advanced Kit, or the Backpack, or both, you will not regret it. If a smaller size is important, you're probably not going to be looking at the Advanced kit or the Hadron. All in, even larger than some setups, it felt good in the hand, was easy to build on, and the flavor was just damned spot on.

Thanks for taking the time to read this somewhat compressed review of both the Plus Advanced Kit and squonk Backpack.

**Colors:**

Ayfxruk.png

**Available Deck Options:**

YgmCnzK.png

**Links:**

**NEW Squonk Pins for Velocity, and Postless** *(Credit: @JiM210)*

[HASH=242]#FogginFlavor[/HASH]

[
FGVCMIP.jpg

SoYpnSw.jpg

SI5wgEd.jpg

9VU3okL.jpg

9fRl849.jpg

vcttjxO.jpg

PXM0bsx.jpg

Last edited:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great review. I got the v2 basic kit that didn't come with the 6mm inserts for the mesh. Guess I should've picked one of those up too when I bought all mine seperate. Lol

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Fantastic review! Smashing! As I mentioned to you there’s a new single coil deck for the Plus v2

A9E8A22C-E1BE-4BED-B59C-ACC19D23D2B9.jpeg
it looks like this ^^

VU Sponsors