VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
https://news.mb.com.ph/2018/07/28/vaping-more-harmful-than-cigarettes-doh/

OK, So I come across this gem on twitter which looks like a child took a "bad" ecig article and spliced it over the first half of a "good" ecig article.

Also the writers are worse at English than me and I'm incredibility bad at it.

Then I noticed it was from the "Nation's leading newspaper" so I investigated.

Which nation & location?

Cebu City, Cebu, Philippines

From the article:

"CEBU CITY — Vaping tripled the harm than smoking cigarette gives to smokers, the Department of Health (DOH) in Central Visayas said as it launched the “Smoking Ban Drive” this month.

DOH-7 information officer Ligaya Moneva said young people see vaping as an art, but it is still harmful because vaping exposes a user to toxic levels of nicotine that may cause addiction"

So of course I Googled Cebu, Philippines

Here's what I got:

haze.jpg

‘Haze’ hits Cebu

https://www.sunstar.com.ph/article/34533/

"The Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (Pagasa) reported that Cebu’s skylines are covered in “haze,” an atmospheric phenomenon where dust, smoke and other dry particles obscure the clarity of the sky."

An atmospheric phenomenon? You've got to be kidding me!

So vaping is a world ending scenario but being able to cut through the fucking smog with a butter knife somehow isn't THE MOST IMPORTANT problem?

It looks like these "public health" people have a lot more to worry about then some people vaping huh? - 5150

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Keep 'em smoking stinkies and get them all sick or dead. Win/Win for BT and BP

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Phillipines grow and export tobacco..I'm sure they are protecting the industry...like here.

VU Sponsors