Become a Patron!

Sigelei 150W Ohms Reading .2 and I know It's Not

cavtruper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello all, thanks for having me! I just received my Sigelei 150W box mod and am having an issue with it reading correctly for resistance. I started out using a new Cigreen X V2 and used the coils that came with it. I checked the resistance on a ohm meter and it said it was 1.0. Put it on the mod and fired it and it is reading .2. Put my Big Block 454 on it that is .75 and still reads .2. I did a bit of searching and saw a bunch of posts about the ohm's jumping but nothing that is like my circumstance. Has anyone seen this? Thanks in advance!
Johnny

scarecrowjenkins

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I had the 100W sigelei box and it was SUPER sensitive to my attys. I had to screw them on really really tight to get a consistent read. Once i did though it worked wonderfully. I just had to fire the mod a few times before vaping on it to make sure it was consistent, or face the wrath of a ".5 ohm" coil at 85W haha, it's not a good time!! Try loosening and tightening it a tiny bit and then screw it on a little tighter than normal. Also make sure threads on both devices are squeaky clean! Good luck!!

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What kind of ohm meter are you using? Rubbing alcohol and q-tips do a good job cleaning 510 connectors.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Hello all, thanks for having me! I just received my Sigelei 150W box mod and am having an issue with it reading correctly for resistance. I started out using a new Cigreen X V2 and used the coils that came with it. I checked the resistance on a ohm meter and it said it was 1.0. Put it on the mod and fired it and it is reading .2. Put my Big Block 454 on it that is .75 and still reads .2. I did a bit of searching and saw a bunch of posts about the ohm's jumping but nothing that is like my circumstance. Has anyone seen this? Thanks in advance!
Johnny
As @BoomStick mentioned, rubbing alcohol and a q-tip. It's general maintenance to clean the contacts from time to time, especially when experiencing wrong (consistent, not jumping) resistance read outs. I usually put a dash on just one pad of the q-tip, rub the contacts in the mod thoroughly, then use the other side to dry the area. Wait a minute, before putting the atomizer back on, just to be sure, there's no alcohol left.

RBVapes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hrmmm I find this interesting as in my experience dirty (juice covered) connectors for me tend to always read higher. And as a previous poster mentioned it's not nice when the Sigelei fires a .2ohm coil at 5V because it things its 1 ohm! I do find that I do need to occasionally unscrew my tank and reseat it to get the 100W I use to read it correctly. I normally give it a quick .5 second fire once or twice to get the readout to re-register.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I had more issues with dirty contacts on my Sigelei 150W, than my Sigelei 100 Plus.

cavtruper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What kind of ohm meter are you using? Rubbing alcohol and q-tips do a good job cleaning 510 connectors.
Thanks for all the responses everyone! I have decided it is my ohm meter, which is a Eleaf, like the one I attached. Been building different coils and got the mod to change resistance so this leads me to believe that it is my meter. Bought a Klein mutimeter but don't use it on e stogies due to it jumping around a lot. An electrician on the job verified that he doesn't like the Klein's because he has found the same thing in his daily duties with different applications. I will poke around other posts but since I am here can anyone suggest another meter? I am trying to not spend more dinero on stuff other than juice so a not too expensive one would interest me. "Not too expensive", is a broad term but give me some options and I will deal with the price. Thanks all!
Johnny

Attachments

• el cheapo.JPG
    el cheapo.JPG
    12.1 KB · Views: 12

cavtruper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I must get a good meter to verify operation BEFORE I put "Her" on!

Attachments

• wooo weee!.jpg
    wooo weee!.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 12

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee

cavtruper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok, so I didn't disclose that I ride the short bus. I got lazy and threw my money at another junk eleaf meter. The damn thing is off out the gate! So I bucked up and bought the 3D Printed USA Ohm Meter... Blue with blue LED. Cant wait to get it!

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They make amazing ohm readers - I have one and can't imagine how I lived without it! It's incredibly accurate, which is nice for TC with such low resistance.

cavtruper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
They make amazing ohm readers - I have one and can't imagine how I lived without it! It's incredibly accurate, which is nice for TC with such low resistance.
Perfect since I bought the Sigelei 150W TC! Now I got to do homework on the temp control before my TI wire shows up... I hate homework! Well maybe not so much on this subject :cool:

VU Sponsors