Become a Patron!

Sigelei Kaos Spectrum

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Full Disclosure:

This mod was sent to me directly from efun.top specifically for the purposes of this review.. This will not in any way, shape, or form affect my opinion or cause me to give this mod a favorable review.

759e53bd83cdb8db2898c78c640141c7.jpg

First Impression Out Of The Box:

I have two of these mods. One I received directly from Sigelei and the other I received from efun.top. The one that Sigelei sent is a regular black one. The one that I got from efun.top is red. The black one is nothing special I have a million black and silver mods. The red one I got from efun.top is really beautiful. I love the paint on it and I like the way it has an anodized type of look to it. Packaging on the Kaos is typical of most mods you buy today. Everything in the package was on one level with the manual and charger cable.

What's In The Box:

* One Sigelei Kaos Spectrum 230W *TC Box Mod
* One Micro USB Cable
* User Manual
* From Top To Bottom:

Let's be honest here, this is another attempt at a Smok Alien killer. It's a great idea, the Alien mod is very popular and almost everyone I know has at least one. So far I really like the shape and size of this mod. It actually feels really good in your hand. I really wish Sigelei would have went with a centered 510 pin on this mod. As it stands the mod doesn't look bad with 30mm tanks. It doesn't look great but there is just a little bit of overhang on the front of the mod. If they would have pushed the 510 to the center of the mod this would have been an absolute home run for Sigelei.

16a5de818d80aa18c4f6f3dfb57fbbf3.jpg

The 510 itself is gold plated and has really smooth stainless steel threading. All of my atomizers sit flush so far. The 510 pin does have a firm yet springy throw to it. The throw on the 510 pin is pretty deep as well. Right above the 510 pin you will see two star screws. There is also some branding on a top plate by the 510 pin that says Spectrum. It looks to have some type of plastic or acrylic clear coat over it.

Right below the plate with the branding there is a circular firing button. The button is the same exact color as the mod. It does have a clicky, tactile, feel to it with no mushiness at all. It is on the big side and it is really easy to find when holding the mod.
122b50fe3ad83a6e893aa6a1d4bb9c2c.jpg

Go down further and on the same side of the mod you'll have the charge update port. I really do like the spot that Sigelei picked for this because it is out of the way but it is still in a convenient place. The Kaos is indeed firmware upgradeable and it does have 2.5 amp charging. While I always recommend that you charge your batteries externally the 2.5 amp charging is a nice feature to have when you are in a pinch. This mod does charge up very quickly when you're using the internal charger.

Moving to the bottom side of the mod we have the battery door. Pretty simple and it's not unlike a lot of dual 18650 battery doors. Push down and out to open it push down and in to lock it. Even though the battery door is well done when it's open it does have a lot of looseness and wiggle to it. Once you install the batteries and lock the battery door down it does stay in place and there is no wiggle, movement, or rattle to it. On the inside of the battery door you do have gold plated contacts with clear battery orientation markings. The battery tubes are also clearly marked. Overall it's a very solidly done battery door.

25f6dffd2d76dee0dc698259b459dd7b.jpg
8ebed73c637ef954e3110d8b221b795a.jpg

Moving to the side of the mod opposite of the screen we have a leather patch. China tends to slap a leather or carbon fiber sticker on everything they make. I really do wish they'd come up with something new. Please use some other type of material or at least if you're going to use leather and carbon fiber use something that looks better. All of their leather carbon fiber type stickers tend to look cheap.
66382df0a3d7910d4d31ca999c89cbcd.jpg

On the opposite side of the leather patch there is a really nice color screen. The screen is laid out really well and I love the font that Sigelei decided to use. While the screen is absolutely beautiful it's practically useless in direct sunlight. Even if you cup your hand over the mod it is really, really, hard to see the screen in those types of conditions. The screen does have all the information a vaper would need to know like wattage, temperature, ohms, voltage, and battery life. Right below the screen there is some Kaos branding. It's not obtrusive and it is elegant and subtle.
1498f46d0ec7dd0eb0690000ed65adba.jpg

f3e064318acce51361018b1d9bfdcab3.jpg

Above the screen you have the plus minus buttons. They are the same shape as the firing button, they are just smaller circles. They do go well with the general aesthetics of the mod and look like they belong there. There is a nice clicky feel to them just like the firing button.

Unless you've been living under a rock you know that the Smok Alien was created in a million different color combinations. Smok has done this by contrasting the color of the mod with the shape that goes around the screen. I personally know a bunch of vapers that have purchased multiple versions of the Alien just so they could have certain colors. Sigelei has come up with a kind of ingenious solution to the problem of purchasing multiple mods for a certain color combination. What they've done is they've placed a color changeable LED light around the screen. The colors that are available on the screen are blue, yellow, red, teal, purple and green. By doing this you don't have to go out and buy multiple mods to change the color around your screen. This might get a significant amount of vapers to buy a mod like this. I know there are a lot of vapers out there that are really into matching their accessories and drip tips with their mods. That being said, I'm really not the type of guy that likes to go around with my mod doubling as a light show. Showing off all different types of colors is really not my thing, but that's just me. I do understand why Sigelei did it but to be honest I really don't like calling attention to myself while I'm vaping. You do have the ability to turn off the LED. You also have the ability to have it on all the time or only have it on while you're vaping. It's a great idea, it's just not something that would make me personally go out and buy the mod. However, that doesn't stop me from understanding why this mod would appeal to a huge cross section of vapers. This mod is definitely for those people that love to do the matchy matchy thing.

A little side note about the light, if you do choose the on all the time option you will drain your batteries a lot quicker than the other two options. Some people have said that you will actually drain the batteries to a dangerously low point. My suggestion is that you use either the off option or the on while vaping option. Stay away from the on all the time option. The Kaos is available in black, red, white, purple, gunmetal, and Rainbow.

The Look, Feel, and General Aesthetics Of The Mod:

I really like the look and feel of this mod and why wouldn't I, it's basically the same shape as a Smok Alien. That's going to ensure that a lot of people really like the way this mod looks and feels in their hand. As far as the light show goes and all that other stuff it's not something that would make me run out and buy this mod but that's a personal choice for every individual vaper. I do like the fact that Sigelei did give the user the ability to turn off the lights should they choose to do so I think that was the right way to go with a setup like this. This is one of the smaller dual 18650 mods on the market today. It is not the smallest but at the same time it's not very large either. Overall, it is an aesthetically pleasing mod and very comfortable to hold and carry.

The Board:

Sigelei has taken a lot of heat when it comes to their boards and rightfully so. One of their last big mods was the 213. It was basically a big lie by Sigelei. It did not reach the attained wattage and it did not do temperature control. That being said I don't know if Sigelei developed a totally new board or if this is just a firmware upgrade but I can say the Sigelei Kaos does a very respectable job in TC mode. My only issue with the way it does TC is that like a lot of boards out there I can't select my own wattage like I can on a DNA or Yihi chipset. Unfortunately the wattage for TC mode is set up through the preheat menu. I would have rather had Sigelei just give me the option to adjust my wattage in TC mode in the regular menu system. Another minor con in TC mode is just like the Yihi boards you have to lock in your resistance manually. Kind of ridiculous in today's day in age that a mod can't automatically read the resistance while it's in TC mode in order for it to work properly. The wires that are included in the TC menu are SS, Ti, and Ni. In the stainless steel menu you do have a choice of either 304, 316 and 317. There is also a TCR function with 5 presets so you can run all your custom wires.

Last edited:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The Menu System:

The menu system is one of the simpler ones on the market today and I will go over all the functions right here.

* 5 clicks of the fire button turns the mod on and off
* Three clicks of the fire button get you into the main menu system
* Use the plus minus buttons to make your selections
* Use the fire button to confirm your selections

Overall, it's very intuitive and simple.

But Deuces How Does She Vape:

I do like the way this Sigelei Kaos vapes. I get a pretty accurate experience in power mode. TC mode is very respectable with its little quirks that I hope Sigelei addresses in a firmware upgrade. I have push this mod wattage wise and I've never felt that it was actually underpowered. I did Vape it side by side with a 3 battery DNA mod. I used my Smok TFV12 and I cranked the wattage up to 230. The vape, flavor, heat, and taste felt very similar between the two mods. The DNA may have been a touch hotter. So my conclusion would be that while it might not hit the full 230 Watts it does come pretty close.

Conclusion:

This is a pretty nice mod that Sigelei produced. It does go a long way in helping Sigelei repair their reputation after that 213 train wreck. Hopefully Sigelei is learned a lesson and we won't see an episode like that again. The Kaos is very pleasing to the eye and the performance is there. It's a nice power mode mod and it does a respectable job in TC mode. It does do a better job in TC than the mod that it was meant to imitate the Smok Alien. So if you want that Alien look but you are a TC Vapor you may want to give the Kaos a very serious look.

Of course this is also a great mod for those Vapers that like to do the matchy matchy thing. Between the lights, the tanks, the drip tips, and everything else you could really go crazy with matching everything up. So not only does the Kaos vape very well but you could make it look really good sweet while vaping it. This is an extremely crowded and competitive subcategory in the vaping market. There are a ton of dual 18650 regulated mods out there. I'm not saying the Kaos is the absolute best out of all of them. The truth is you could do a lot worse in this subcategory. It all depends what you are looking for as an individual vaper but the Kaos may check off a lot of those boxes for you. Overall I would have to give the Sigelei Kaos my recommendation just on its looks and performance alone. I mean really, what's not to like about a mod that looks similar to the Alien but actually outperforms the Alien especially in the TC Department. Plus you have all those fancy lights.

The Sigelei can be purchased at: https://www.efun.top/sigelei-kaos-spectrum-230w-tc-vw-variable-wattage-mod.html

Pros & Cons:

A note about Pros and Cons. These are my Pros and Cons. They are very subjective. What may be a pro to me could be a con to you and vice versa.

- Pros:

* Look
* Feel
* Power
* Lights
* Paint
* Upgradeable firmware
* TC is decent
* Lights are controllable
* Solid 510
* Nice buttons
* No button or battery rattle
* Color screen
*Great for vapers that like to match accessories

- Cons:

* Lights
* Leather patch
* Screen in outdoor setting
* Resistance has to be manually set for accuracy in TC mode

Specs:

* 10 to 230W Output Range
* 0.1 to 3.0 ohm Atomizer Resistance Range
* 1 to 7.5W
* Bypass Mode
* Preheat Function
* 35A Maximum Output Current
* Firmware Upgradeable
* Temperature Control Suite
- Ni200 Nickel Support
- Titanium Support
- SS316L Support
- Adjustable TCR
- Fine Tune Temperature Output
- Preheat Functionality
- Resistance Read and Lock
- 200 to 570 Degree Fahrenheit Range
* 0.1 to 3.0 ohm Atomizer Resistance Range
* 0.96 Inch TFT Color Display
- Three Column Display
- Output Temperature
- Output Wattage
- Output Voltage
- Material and Mode Selection
- Atomizer Resistance
- Output Current
- Battery Life Indicator
* Adjustment Lock
* Zinc Alloy Construction
* Leatherette Back
* LED Color Light Screen Bezel
*Six Color Options
-Can be Disabled
* Three Button Control
* Oversized Firing Button
* Adjustment Buttons
* On Board Charging
- 2.5A Max Charge Current
* Hinge and Locking Battery Access Door
- Gold Plated Connections
* Accepts Two High Amperage 18650 Batteries
-Sold Separately
* Stainless Steel 510 Threading
* Spring Loaded Gold Plated Contact
* Low Resistance/Short/Low Battery/Temperature Protection

Product Dimensions:
88mm by 45mm by 30mm

Thank you for taking the time to read my review. If you liked it or found it helpful please feel free to give it a like and follow me on this forum. I also do reviews at vapinginsider.com If you are a vendor and you would like a DeucesJack Review please feel free to message me on this forum. Here is some of my work at vapinginsider.com:

https://www.vapinginsider.com/reviews/

Last edited:

VU Sponsors