Become a Patron!

Sigelei Mini Book 40W TC Died?

sci4me

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I have had my first vape, a Sigelei Mini Book, for probably 4 months now. I was trying to use it tonight, as usual, and, at first it was sort of just acting weird. It started to shut off randomly. At one point I took the battery out and just let it sit for a while. But it quickly got worse. As of now, it may or may not turn on. The second to last time I tried turning it on, the screen showed the logo but it got all screwed up; the logo was all torn and whatnot. Then it just went to black. And finally, the last time I tried it, it turned on and worked as normal for about two seconds. But then it shut itself off. And I noticed it was making this weird clicking sound. I now refuse to put a battery back in it because I'm scared it might blow up or something. It's obviously dead, anyway.

What I want to know is has anyone else had anything similar to this? With this same device?

Time for a new mod, I guess :/

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I have 3 of the Sigelei Mini Books Kits and right now I have only been using 1 and so far it has been working great! Maybe the Battery- are you using the one that came with it? Do you have a separate charger? Have you dropped it ?
Try using another battery like a Samsung 18650 25r.
This Kit is pretty cheap at $21.99 and free quick shipping. Hopefully you have a backup till you get another battery or a new kit?
http://121vapes.com/shop/sigelei-mini-book-40w-tc-full-kit/

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
So I have had my first vape, a Sigelei Mini Book, for probably 4 months now. I was trying to use it tonight, as usual, and, at first it was sort of just acting weird. It started to shut off randomly. At one point I took the battery out and just let it sit for a while. But it quickly got worse. As of now, it may or may not turn on. The second to last time I tried turning it on, the screen showed the logo but it got all screwed up; the logo was all torn and whatnot. Then it just went to black. And finally, the last time I tried it, it turned on and worked as normal for about two seconds. But then it shut itself off. And I noticed it was making this weird clicking sound. I now refuse to put a battery back in it because I'm scared it might blow up or something. It's obviously dead, anyway.

What I want to know is has anyone else had anything similar to this? With this same device?

Time for a new mod, I guess :/
I own 3, one is in use.. I've had zero issues with mine. Here's a few help tips...
  1. Are you sure its not a clone mod?
  2. Did you get juice inside at any point?
  3. Has it been dropped?
  4. Has it been exposed to extreme moisture?
  5. What is the ohms of the atty?
  6. What is the material of the atty... Ni, SS, Kanthal?

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have a couple and they have been trouble free...So far. it's inexpensive electronics so anything can happen. As other suggest, try a different batt. Has it been dropped or exposed to moisture?

sci4me

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have the battery that came with as well as a separate 18650 and a separate charger. As far as if it's a clone mod, I doubt it... I bought it from elementvape.com. The kit was working fantastically up until now. It just suddenly decided to kill itself.

I don't THINK I got juice inside it but it MIGHT be possible. I really hope not. I have spilled drops of juice on it a few times and it has had juice (somehow, i have no idea how), get into the 510 connection. So this may be the issue. I don't know. I always tried really hard to keep it juice-free.

It has been knocked over on my desk like twice. No dropping.

The atty I was using had a .1 coil and it was reading at anywhere between .13 and .19 (it would go up if i re-locked the resistance after firing it).

It was a Ni200 coil for TC. The playboy coils.

As far as I know it hasn't been exposed to moisture really. No extreme humidity or anything. However, I did just get back from vacation so it hadn't been used for a week. But it was working fine for a while after I got home...

I don't know. Should I be so hesitant to put a battery back in it? That clicking noise really shut me down.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I have the battery that came with as well as a separate 18650 and a separate charger. As far as if it's a clone mod, I doubt it... I bought it from elementvape.com. The kit was working fantastically up until now. It just suddenly decided to kill itself.

I don't THINK I got juice inside it but it MIGHT be possible. I really hope not. I have spilled drops of juice on it a few times and it has had juice (somehow, i have no idea how), get into the 510 connection. So this may be the issue. I don't know. I always tried really hard to keep it juice-free.

It has been knocked over on my desk like twice. No dropping.

The atty I was using had a .1 coil and it was reading at anywhere between .13 and .19 (it would go up if i re-locked the resistance after firing it).

It was a Ni200 coil for TC. The playboy coils.

As far as I know it hasn't been exposed to moisture really. No extreme humidity or anything. However, I did just get back from vacation so it hadn't been used for a week. But it was working fine for a while after I got home...

I don't know. Should I be so hesitant to put a battery back in it? That clicking noise really shut me down.
If it were my mod, and I was afraid of the noise, or the way its behaving... I would chuck it... not worth the risk.

sci4me

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If it were my mod, and I was afraid of the noise, or the way its behaving... I would chuck it... not worth the risk.

That's what I'm thinking.

I've already purchased another starter kit so it's no big deal. Just means I'll have an extra tank, which is nice.

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It does sound like it took a dump on you. It's just a tiny processor, they fail sometime. If your feeling adventurous you could crack it open and take a look inside. You can't break it any further than it is already. Sorry for your loss.:(

sci4me

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It does sound like it took a dump on you. It's just a tiny processor, they fail sometime. If your feeling adventurous you could crack it open and take a look inside. You can't break it any further than it is already. Sorry for your loss.:(

Already cracked it open to see if there was any juice inside. Didn't seem like there was any on the electronics... idk.

But, I am VERY excited for my new device, the eLeaf iStick PICO. It appears that it allows me to set a custom logo on the screen which has me more excited than I should be, lol.

It's okay, really. Gave me an excuse for an upgrade. And I'll have an extra tank and coils. So. That's cool.

However, until the new stuff gets here, I'm stuck with a Kanger TOP EVOD.

sci4me

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Quick update: against my better judgement, I have tried using it again. And it's working perfectly.

So.

I plan to use it VERY cautiously until the new one arrives. I suspect this is an unwise decision, lol, but I guess YOLO.

But yeah, once the new stuff gets here I'm going to retire this thing for good. I still don't trust it at all any more.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Quick update: against my better judgement, I have tried using it again. And it's working perfectly.

So.

I plan to use it VERY cautiously until the new one arrives. I suspect this is an unwise decision, lol, but I guess YOLO.

But yeah, once the new stuff gets here I'm going to retire this thing for good. I still don't trust it at all any more.

You have my condolences, truly; I have 2 of them, love 'em to death, and hope they have a nice long life. But I've heard of weirder things from sigelei mods, though I've never experienced any of them myself. I was happy with my 2 Zmax's, so I felt confident buying the miniBooks.

I also recently got a couple of Coolfire4-TC-75w-18650s, also excellent mods, but a lot bigger and heavier than the miniBook.

Andria

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Haha- I have the Pico in my stash cupboard, haven't used it yet! That device gets so many great reviews, I hope it works out for you! I too have had a great experience with my Sigelei Mini Book- I got the kit in the link I put up and have been using for over a month. I liked it so much that I purchased 2 more and they are stashed away too, I hope I don't run into problems, but I have back ups. I never want to be without great vape gear- I buy when they have great sales and there were many great July 4th sales! Maybe Labor day weekend will bring some more great sales!

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Already cracked it open to see if there was any juice inside. Didn't seem like there was any on the electronics... idk.

But, I am VERY excited for my new device, the eLeaf iStick PICO. It appears that it allows me to set a custom logo on the screen which has me more excited than I should be, lol.

It's okay, really. Gave me an excuse for an upgrade. And I'll have an extra tank and coils. So. That's cool.

However, until the new stuff gets here, I'm stuck with a Kanger TOP EVOD.
I wonder if maybe a wire was pinched and when you opened it up it was relieved. If it were me, I'd use it as normal. Probably worse thing that could happen is what started it all. Vape On!!!

sci4me

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah I suppose I'll keep using it as normal but with a tad bit more caution. Vape on is right!

And yeah, I'm really excited for the PICO too. All the reviews I saw about it were very good.

By the way, thank you all for all the great replies. Ya'll are so friendly! :)

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yeah I suppose I'll keep using it as normal but with a tad bit more caution. Vape on is right!

And yeah, I'm really excited for the PICO too. All the reviews I saw about it were very good.

By the way, thank you all for all the great replies. Ya'll are so friendly! :)
You'll love the Pico. :inlove:

sci4me

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Another update: I have been using it normally... and... all was good. Unfortunately, I have run out of juice. However, as my tank was just reaching being completely empty, the mod started acting up again! The screen was all messed up and it shut itself off. Nice timing though, since I'm out of juice (Which is a whole other problem in of itself. I have to wait a few days for more :cry:).

However, some good news: I have been having a great time making logos to put on my PICO. I am far too excited for that custom logo feature XD

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Another update: I have been using it normally... and... all was good. Unfortunately, I have run out of juice. However, as my tank was just reaching being completely empty, the mod started acting up again! The screen was all messed up and it shut itself off. Nice timing though, since I'm out of juice (Which is a whole other problem in of itself. I have to wait a few days for more :cry:).

However, some good news: I have been having a great time making logos to put on my PICO. I am far too excited for that custom logo feature XD
How do you run out of juice?
Try Mad Cow Vapors- not expensive and free shipping and the ejuice that I ordered is fantastic- keep your eye out for sales, they have quite a few and use the 10% off 1st time coupon!
http://vapingunderground.com/thread...-customer-service.227535/page-23#post-1322499

http://www.madcowvapors.com/

sci4me

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
How do you run out of juice?
Try Mad Cow Vapors- not expensive and free shipping and the ejuice that I ordered is fantastic- keep your eye out for sales, they have quite a few and use the 10% off 1st time coupon!
http://vapingunderground.com/thread...-customer-service.227535/page-23#post-1322499

How? Heh, well, you just don't order more soon enough so that you receive more before you run out of what you currently have. Next time I plan to order more once I only have one bottle left, lol.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
How? Heh, well, you just don't order more soon enough so that you receive more before you run out of what you currently have. Next time I plan to order more once I only have one bottle left, lol.

Yeah, it takes a while to really *get* how much you're going to vape in a given time period, just another aspect of all the goofy shit we all have to learn, to be successful at vaping. :D And keep in mind, there's a trade-off: it takes a lot of juice to make those huge thick fluffy whipped cream clouds. It's possible to vape a lot more inexpensively than that! :D

Andria

sci4me

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah, it takes a while to really *get* how much you're going to vape in a given time period, just another aspect of all the goofy shit we all have to learn, to be successful at vaping. :D And keep in mind, there's a trade-off: it takes a lot of juice to make those huge thick fluffy whipped cream clouds. It's possible to vape a lot more inexpensively than that! :D

Andria

All true. But I think the real reason for this was just that we were on vacation (and I couldn't order more until we got back) and when we got back, I only had a tiny bit left.

Only a few more days to wait though :D

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I was a purchase officer for 10 years where I worked- no way could I let something run out! I am like that at home too! If it is something I really care about, I would be sure I didn't run out of it. I have back ups and enough juice to get me through for many months. Buy when there is really a good sale- and remember to order when you open your last bottle, or pack of coils!
Easy!
What is your back up plan if your juice takes longer to get to you? I took up vaping to quit a 30+ year smoking habit- no way would I want to go back to that- ever!
What brand of juice do you buy?

sci4me

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was a purchase officer for 10 years where I worked- no way could I let something run out! I am like that at home too! If it is something I really care about, I would be sure I didn't run out of it. I have back ups and enough juice to get me through for many months. Buy when there is really a good sale- and remember to order when you open your last bottle, or pack of coils!
Easy!
What is your back up plan if your juice takes longer to get to you? I took up vaping to quit a 30+ year smoking habit- no way would I want to go back to that- ever!
What brand of juice do you buy?

Well, I didn't exactly HAVE a back up plan. But that's changing after this experience. I hope to be able to have multiple bottles stocked at all times (especially considering the FDA crap...).

I've tried a few different juices. I've been buying from elementvape.com
The main one I've been buying (with nicotine) has been Lava Flow by Naked 100. 60 mL for 20 bucks.

Typically I'd get that with nicotine and then for other flavors I'd get nic free.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Well, I didn't exactly HAVE a back up plan. But that's changing after this experience. I hope to be able to have multiple bottles stocked at all times (especially considering the FDA crap...).

I've tried a few different juices. I've been buying from elementvape.com
The main one I've been buying (with nicotine) has been Lava Flow by Naked 100. 60 mL for 20 bucks.

Typically I'd get that with nicotine and then for other flavors I'd get nic free.
Glad you found juice that you enjoy! That was the hardest part when I started vaping in 2014- finding a good tasting eliquid!

sci4me

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Glad you found juice that you enjoy! That was the hardest part when I started vaping in 2014- finding a good tasting eliquid!

Well I certainly haven't stopped trying new flavors though. I have two new ones on the way, along with two that I know. And man do I look forward for the new stuff to arrive.

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well I certainly haven't stopped trying new flavors though. I have two new ones on the way, along with two that I know. And man do I look forward for the new stuff to arrive.
Diy is the only way to go. Never run out of juice again:)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Unless you're a lazy unmotivated procrastinator, like me. :D Sometimes I'm down to about 5ml before I get off my butt and do something about it. :giggle:

Andria

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Yes it is exciting when vape mail arrives! Love trying new flavors too. Have been really liking Mad Cow Vapors Devils Drip- taste is cinnamon fireball without the heat, I am expecting more MCV tomorrow with more Devils Drip and am trying the Z-Goo. I like bakery and fruit and candy flavors. Funny how fast I got rid of the yucky menthol flavors. At 1st I wanted my ecigs to taste like cigs- so stupid right!
MCV had a special a few weeks ago and their 120 ml bottles were $9.99 and free shipping, great prices and fast delivery too. Maybe you can give them a try in the future?

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I know, I know- I should really try to DIY. Maybe sooner than later! It is just so easy to place an order. I need to learn how to build coils too. Winter is coming soon, and with more time on my hands, I would like to give them both a try!

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I know, I know- I should really try to DIY. Maybe sooner than later! It is just so easy to place an order. I need to learn how to build coils too. Winter is coming soon, and with more time on my hands, I would like to give them both a try!
My suggestion for anybody that likes to vape...Become as self sufficient as you can be. FDA wants you to smoke cigs and die a slow medicated and painful death. Coils are easy, diy is easy.

sci4me

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I would certainly be interested in the DIY stuff, but I'm also lazy as hell so it would be a side thing probably.

As far as rebuilding goes though, I feel like I would maybe be into that a bit more, but I have yet to dip my feet into that pool.

120 ml for 10 bucks?!? What a steal! I'll have to look into that!

And yeah, self sufficiency is good. I will say, f*ck the FDA. Seriously. I just hate our government more and more as time goes on.

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I would certainly be interested in the DIY stuff, but I'm also lazy as hell so it would be a side thing probably.

As far as rebuilding goes though, I feel like I would maybe be into that a bit more, but I have yet to dip my feet into that pool.

And yeah, self sufficiency is good. I will say, f*ck the FDA. Seriously. I just hate our government more and more as time goes on.
Vapers have had a sharp learning curve lately on how our Gov works and what they think of the citizens that elect them. Vape & Vote!!!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Building coils ain't no biggie. If you can hold a drillbit in one hand, and wrap wire around it with the other, you can build coils. The real art is the wicking; nobody can really tell you "this is the right amount," because it will differ depending on the wicking material (cotton or rayon), the inner diameter of the coil, etc. The only real way to get it is just to do it, over and over, and you finally get a *feel* for *just the right amount*. That's why i always stick to one size; I wrap all my coils on a 3/32 drillbit, because I've gotten expert at *just the right amount* for that size coil.

Andria

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Building coils ain't no biggie. If you can hold a drillbit in one hand, and wrap wire around it with the other, you can build coils. The real art is the wicking; nobody can really tell you "this is the right amount," because it will differ depending on the wicking material (cotton or rayon), the inner diameter of the coil, etc. The only real way to get it is just to do it, over and over, and you finally get a *feel* for *just the right amount*. That's why i always stick to one size; I wrap all my coils on a 3/32 drillbit, because I've gotten expert at *just the right amount* for that size coil.

Andria
I have watched some you tube videos and it seems simple enough to learn to wrap. I ordered some 28g kanthal to try my hand at it and have some ken do cotton that has come with a number of kits. To me it is the tiny size of installing it, where I might run up on trouble. Everything is so tiny. Wicking correctly could be another trouble spot, I have the RBA base for the egrip OLED and too much cotton - no draw- too little and it leaks, so for now, I just use regular coils. I also have the Nebox and haven't tried out the RBA yet . Both will leak out the bottom pretty bad if not done correctly! Since those are my on the go devices, I don't want those leaking in my purse.
I just need time to sit and practice.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT

Check out their sales here- VU Sales and promotions heading.
http://vapingunderground.com/thread...-customer-service.227535/page-23#post-1323681

They announce sales in the VU site, with coupon codes and sales and there is a 1st time 10% off code ( firstmadcow.) I really like the juice. I am trying the ZGoo next- should be here today! You could always order the smaller Little Cow 4 pack to try different flavors to see what you like.
So far I have only tried the Devils Drip and Sweet Tooth. Love DD, kinda on the fence with Sweet Tooth, that taste is like watermelon gum to me, which is OK. I mix that with some high nic harsh grape I have and wow, I like it, so I purchased more to mix away some of my high nic juices.
I am hoping I like the ZGoo- vanilla butter cake flavor. I like really sweet eliquids.
Taste is subjective- they really don't have a lot of flavors, but the ones they do have like DD keeps me coming back(and the price)
Maybe they will have a Labor Day sale? The 4th of July is when I got the $9.99 a 120 ml bottles, their last sale was $12.99 for a 120 ml which is still a great price with free quick shipping!

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
My suggestion for anybody that likes to vape...Become as self sufficient as you can be. FDA wants you to smoke cigs and die a slow medicated and painful death. Coils are easy, diy is easy.
You are so right with the FDA, I am worried that States will be hopping on the bans like Indiana and Utah, or so heavily taxed like PA. I live in NY and our Senator Chuck Schumer hates ecigs and is happy that the FDA passed their regs, so NY can flex its power, which probably means internet sales bans and or high taxes to vape shops- wants to get rid of flavors too.
Yes I need to learn DIY!
I have quite a few mods now, put away for" what if ",along with coils and juice and wire and cotton!
No way to I want to be without my vaping!
I guess that's why I don't understand when a device breaks- the user is screwed- have back ups- nothing is forever, to rely solely one one device is crazy to me. I read about it all the time- why would you only have 1 device? I guess it is not a toy with me- I vape to save my life from cigs and no way are cigarettes my back up plan! I make sure that I am stocked up with vape gear- and DIY and winding coils is my next step!

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I guess that's why I don't understand when a device breaks- the user is screwed- have back ups- nothing is forever, to rely solely one one device is crazy to me. I read about it all the time- why would you only have 1 device? I guess it is not a toy with me- I vape to save my life from cigs and no way are cigarettes my back up plan!

Absolutely right. I figured out within a month of starting to vape, I needed to have LOTS of options and alternatives. I think that those who don't, are really just looking for a good excuse to smoke again -- "well, my mod/atty broke -- my juice ran out -- guess I'll just smoke, oh woe is me (puff puff ahh that's the stuff!)". It's that rationalization again -- an addict's best friend. :D Our brains will indulge us with every possible reason, excuse, and scenario, why something is just "impossible." Argue for your limitations and you get to keep them. ;)

Andria

sci4me

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Absolutely right. I figured out within a month of starting to vape, I needed to have LOTS of options and alternatives. I think that those who don't, are really just looking for a good excuse to smoke again -- "well, my mod/atty broke -- my juice ran out -- guess I'll just smoke, oh woe is me (puff puff ahh that's the stuff!)". It's that rationalization again -- an addict's best friend. :D Our brains will indulge us with every possible reason, excuse, and scenario, why something is just "impossible." Argue for your limitations and you get to keep them. ;)

Andria

Very right about needing alternatives. My things arrived today and I already know one of the flavors is one I would rather not vape.

But so far I LOVE the pico. Flavor for days!

VU Sponsors