Become a Patron!

single battery mech mod with a series deck?

2naphish

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
i've got a series deck coming (asgard mini and i figured it might be a little hot for me with a .4 - .5 coil. i really like the Asgard 30 series deck with a .15 build which come out to about .6. i then had another thought. could i use a ridiculously low build (for me) like .05 (about .2 on a series deck) and use it on a single battery mech mod?

i don't see a problem and i just wanted to get a little feedback to see if someone else had done this. i was looking at parallel stainless steel clapton/round build and thought it might be cooler than a blazing condensed vape like the 25 is likely to give.

just thought i would open up some ne possibilities . any feedback would be appreciated before i order wire.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
i really like the Asgard 30 series deck with a .15 build which come out to about .6.

Apologies if it seems dense to ask but can you offer a bit of how you're getting there from here? When I look at this I'm thinking a dual coil set up 0.15 + 0.15 = 0.30. I know there's a way you're getting to .60, think I understand but prefer being sure. You doing dual coils on each side? That would seem to make sense to me, .30 on each side added up to .60.

i then had another thought. could i use a ridiculously low build (for me) like .05 (about .2 on a series deck) and use it on a single battery mech mod?

Others might say be a goat head, and run a .05. I wouldn't run it on a single cell myself, though this is preference as is only running single coil simple builds. :) To me .05 does seam really low. I try to not go below .25 and usually run from .30 to .50. Again, I may not be the "best" to ask though.

Am sure others will respond in short order. :)

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What's going on with your calculations buddy? I thought on a series deck your overall resistance doubles right?

2naphish

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Apologies if it seems dense to ask but can you offer a bit of how you're getting there from here? When I look at this I'm thinking a dual coil set up 0.15 + 0.15 = 0.30. I know there's a way you're getting to .60, think I understand but prefer being sure. You doing dual coils on each side? That would seem to make sense to me, .30 on each side added up to .60.

Others might say be a goat head, and run a .05. I wouldn't run it on a single cell myself, though this is preference as is only running single coil simple builds. :) To me .05 does seam really low. I try to not go below .25 and usually run from .30 to .50. Again, I may not be the "best" to ask though.

Am sure others will respond in short order. :)
ok. this a series deck which just about quadruples the resistance of a build on a standard deck. hence a .05 build would ohm out at just about .20 ohms (ordinarily very safe on a 21700 single battery) . which would be a very cool slow firing build with the mass i am talking about on a regular deck. sorry i didn't get more specific. on a normal deck resistance is halved, so i was talking about a .3 coil being a .15 build (my normal build) on a series deck it comes out to .6 which is probably higher than most of the series guys go with 2 batteries. i'm not looking for that much heat .

i just wondered if i was missing something so i wouldn't be doing anything stupid

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
ok. this a series deck which just about quadruples the resistance of a build on a standard deck. hence a .05 build would ohm out at just about .20 ohms (ordinarily very safe on a 21700 single battery) . which would be a very cool slow firing build with the mass i am talking about on a regular deck. sorry i didn't get more specific. on a normal deck resistance is halved, so i was talking about a .3 coil being a .15 build (my normal build) on a series deck it comes out to .6 which is probably higher than most of the series guys go with 2 batteries. i'm not looking for that much heat .

i just wondered if i was missing something so i wouldn't be doing anything stupid
On the RDAs I have with a series deck it doubles the ohms, not quadruples it. If yours is quadrupling there is something going wrong with your build.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
just about quadruples the resistance of a build on a standard deck. hence a .05 build would ohm out at just about .20 ohms

Alright so if I get this each coil you build for each side is 0.025 ? That to me seems how at quadrupled resistance you'd get a 0.05 on each side. Now, with that on each side you're saying it ups itself to 0.20 ?

Holy fuck! I been really going about it totally fucking wrong using a dumb, plain old, non-doubling, non-quadrupling single coil deck. I ought to toss two coils in at 0.15 and expect to get a 0.60 build.

I really need one of these damn platinum worthy "series" decks otherwise. They have to use alien technology or something. Do the governments know? Ah, of course not or else it wouldn't be on the market. Fuck yeah! I need to go buy up a hundred of 'em.

I might have been born at night, that doesn't make me fully benighted. In other words, may not know it all but don't think that ignorance marks me as stupid. You'll likely find out, I do know a little something. For one thing my buds here are explaining to me how "series" decks work, which follows in line with how I thought they would work, logically.

"A standard only does what is, series doubles that." "Ah, okay, kind of figured as much. Seems plausible, do-able."

Still got no desire to try a series deck. Think I would get too confused trying to keep the math straight. Simple is the greatest complexity. :)

Last edited:

2naphish

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
On the RDAs I have with a series deck it doubles the ohms, not quadruples it. If yours is quadrupling there is something going wrong with your build.
Bogan explains this very well on his review of the Axial Pro series deck. at about 11 minutes in.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Two 0.1 Ohm coils in parallel would be 0.05 Ohms. Those same 0.1 Ohm coils in series would be 0.2 Ohms together. That's why it's looking like times 4, he was comparing the parallel deck to the series deck. Bottom line is if you want to hit 0.2 Ohms on the series deck you want to build two 0.1 Ohm coils.

Last edited:

2naphish

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
sorry for any confusion caused... i have a .06 SET of SS crazy complex coils on the way. i'll throw them on the meter and see what they come out to. i just want to see if they ramp up in a usable manner. who knows, i might have to take a wrap off LOL!

VU Sponsors