Become a Patron!

single coil on mech's ?

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
anyone try/do it ? i tried it with a big coil, wasn't bad, but a little weak. need to try a smaller coil.
what say you ?

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Some RDAs are designed for this specifically... many are not.

Flave24 is a pretty good single coil specific rda... CSMNT and C2MNT can be done in single... same with the Goon V1 and Goon 22

Probably could give some input if you gave the RDA(s) you're wanting to single up

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I run single coils on mech squonks all the time with various different RSAs attached. I even put a single coil Gorge on my VCP Piglet series box, makes it easier to keep the current down with the Ohms up.

ChainVapeS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I run a single coil on my noisy cricket. Lots of coil mass, multi core. Large diameter 3mm or bigger otherwise it won't wick fast enough for the heat that it's generating.

A lot of dual coil rdas can be ran as single, but many don't perform well as single. Postless dual coil decks on the other hand, are fantastic in single if built right.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
thanx guys.

i don't have anything specific in mind, other than flavor. what i am using now just don't have the flavor, maybe Purge atties suck, lol, idk.

with a single, what coil/s to use ? i do have a few single rda's. in fact, i have an Elder Dragon that was all ready to go, so the cotton is soaking right now.

ChainVapeS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
thanx guys.

i don't have anything specific in mind, other than flavor. what i am using now just don't have the flavor, maybe Purge atties suck, lol, idk.

with a single, what coil/s to use ? i do have a few single rda's. in fact, i have an Elder Dragon that was all ready to go, so the cotton is soaking right now.
Are you putting this on a single battery mech or a series/ stacked?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ok, just tried it with a 20s. kind of weak. the coil is the stock ED coil, 2x26-36 n80 or there abouts.

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I use single coils on mechs daily. My sweet spot landed right around .17-.19 ohm. I also found the coils that were included with the elder dragon to be a little weak too. I think I ended up taking a wrap off to get them closer to what I liked.

VU Sponsors