Become a Patron!

Small Drop in Ohms...Normal?

vapemesilly

Member For 4 Years
After some dismal failures I am now having some success building coils. I'm working on a Subtank Mini RBA and am building coils with 26 and 24 ga kanthal shooting for builds at .5 ohms. My question is, and this happened with every coil I have built, is it normal for the ohms to drop a little? For example, I fire up a new coil build and it starts at .57 ohms. After a few puffs it drops to .55. A half hour later it has dropped to .53. It stays there for a couple days and then drops to .52.

I am getting perfect performance from the coil otherwise. And, like I mentioned, this has happened with every coil I've built. Is this normal? Or not?

Thanks.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Make sure to fix hot spots while building and it will prevent resistance fluctuations and other problems.

OhmzRaw

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
After some dismal failures I am now having some success building coils. I'm working on a Subtank Mini RBA and am building coils with 26 and 24 ga kanthal shooting for builds at .5 ohms. My question is, and this happened with every coil I have built, is it normal for the ohms to drop a little? For example, I fire up a new coil build and it starts at .57 ohms. After a few puffs it drops to .55. A half hour later it has dropped to .53. It stays there for a couple days and then drops to .52.

I am getting perfect performance from the coil otherwise. And, like I mentioned, this has happened with every coil I've built. Is this normal? Or not?

Thanks.
That is normal and the resistance drop is almost insignificant (~0.07 ohms). It isn't something major to worry about especially since you are loving it.

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Check your post screws to make sure they are still tight.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It will probably start going higher as it gunks up. At least my coils alway go higher as they dirty.

Make sure all the connections are staying tight.

Heck stick some SS in it. Resistance will change from room to outdoor temperature changes alone.

VU Sponsors